Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th January 2007, 12:09 PM

Sportz, I have just had an idea which i wish i could have bought up earlier. You have never been shy to give out an email address on the site before and for guys who weren't able to access last night they could have emailed you the maximum they were prepared to pay for a particular horse and cause you were all over the site last night you could have bid on there behalf in $5,000 increments ala eBay up to there maximum.

Just a thought.
Old 8th January 2007, 01:12 PM
Suspended.

Quote from Rules:
"We'll be choosing horses in 3 different categories (4yo+, 3yo, 2yo) over the next three weeks. Once stables are selected, the comp will then run from Jan 26 to Apr 14 and the person whose stable earns the most prizemoney in Australian races during that period will be the winner".

It looks like a heck of a lot of these horses up for grabs have just gone into 3mth. spells after the big spring races. The comp ends in March. Isn't that a bit of a problem regarding earning prizemoney?
Old 8th January 2007, 02:05 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Deal
Sportz, I have just had an idea which i wish i could have bought up earlier. You have never been shy to give out an email address on the site before and for guys who weren't able to access last night they could have emailed you the maximum they were prepared to pay for a particular horse and cause you were all over the site last night you could have bid on there behalf in $5,000 increments ala eBay up to there maximum.

Just a thought.

Goodness me. I understand the point you're making, but boy, that's a lot of effort. I was pretty busy as it was checking up on what was going on. And what if two people had wanted to bid for the same horse? Would I keep bidding back and forth against myself??? Also, there'd be a conflict of interest there for me. What if they'd wanted to bid on the same horse as me? I would know how much I had to beat.

Last edited by Sportz : 8th January 2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 8th January 2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Quote from Rules:
"We'll be choosing horses in 3 different categories (4yo+, 3yo, 2yo) over the next three weeks. Once stables are selected, the comp will then run from Jan 26 to Apr 14 and the person whose stable earns the most prizemoney in Australian races during that period will be the winner".

It looks like a heck of a lot of these horses up for grabs have just gone into 3mth. spells after the big spring races. The comp ends in March. Isn't that a bit of a problem regarding earning prizemoney?

Crash, it's up to the people in the comp to try to check up on the latest news and see what the owners and trainers are planning.

When I make out the original list of horses and I know for absolute certain that a horse won't be running during the autumn, then I won't include it. But if I'm not completely sure, then I put it on the list. And with some (like Natural Destiny apparently), the decision to spell comes too late for me to take them out.

It's quite a bit of work compiling these lists and I'm sorry if I've included a horse that won't be running, but that's just the way it is.

Last edited by Sportz : 8th January 2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 8th January 2007, 03:12 PM
Suspended.

I appreciate all the effort sportz.
I just brought up the point for buyers to think about [in case they haven't]. Too bad if they have already spent bucks on horses that are now aimed at next spring's big races :-)

Last edited by crash : 8th January 2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 8th January 2007, 03:38 PM

I see umrum is currently viewing the thread. Any chance that you could join in, umrum?
Old 8th January 2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

Hey Sportz
i think i have 370 left,,,could i have California Dane and Virage De Fortune please..if they are available...

having power suply probs with my computer,,,getting a new one tomorrow so i shud be right to be back on alittle more,,,
Old 8th January 2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Question

if there horses that still aren't sold can we get them at a discounted price later in the week?
Old 8th January 2007, 07:20 PM

Chuck

... sounds like a good idea to me .... how about it sportz ?

Good Luck.
Old 8th January 2007, 07:21 PM

I'm sorry Mav. I certainly understand your problem, but I don't know that I can do that for you. You have until Wednesday night to choose your other horses, so why not take your pick from what's left tomorrow. Should still be quite a few good horses left.