Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st September 2004, 03:05 PM

If you hit 45% winners they must be around the $2 - $2.50 mark.

I doubt any staking plan will help improve your figures. Most seem to thrive on striking a long priced winner now and then to help loss recovery.

If you are winning at level stakes, stick to it.
Old 1st September 2004, 10:12 PM
Banned

i can get 40% winning strike rate too 1 day of the ************ week maybe.Id like to see you pick 40% on a daily basis over any length of time even a week. In theory ,on paper, no worries,but try it with real cash and watch your 45% turn into 30% like most other pro tipsters.Or do you apply filters to your reasoning .I follow the shorteners too on ozbet(rip off merchants)but there are always quite a few and who knows if it is the sheep backing them in or knowledgable insiders.

[ This Message was edited by: marko on 2004-09-01 22:16 ]
Old 1st September 2004, 10:30 PM

I have been around awhile and have seen a good many things....been punting for about 15 years and to be honest staking plans are like systems, every one has one......i have found that the best staking plan around is just to use percentage of bank for win or place does not matter....how ever for the place you could use a higher percentage...i would recomend 1-2 percent of banke for the win and up to 5 percent for the place....these amounts depend on your strike rate of cause this way if you are winning on a regualar basis then you will always be increasing your bets and bank balance.....depending on how often you bet i would say set the amounts like this...everytime your bank increases by 20% you adjust your betting level you could do the same for the decreasing part.....or just everyday before you start betting check your balance and bet to that bank percentage....good luck
Old 2nd September 2004, 08:07 AM

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback,
Marko,..you are 100 % right about on paper, that is why i asked you fellas what you would recomend for a good staking plan.
As with watching the market movers, my little filters work very much the same as everone elses on this forum.
Look at recent last 4 starts, decent joc, DFS HAS to be 90 +, and first or second favorite,......see i got this far but needed a decent staking plan. I think Kenchar had some good ideas about filters and i have learnt a lot from those,
Watching the market movers i think is a reasonable show as to what is hot and what is not, especially if there is a "word" out about one. I dont follow them that close thats why i whatch them move on the market. I usually find that if it opens at around 5/1 or 4/1 and ends up at 3/1 or better in the last 30 seconds this will "SURELLY" run a hole,........on paper anyway.
I like the idea of these staking plans and especially the place versions,
Q: Would i back two for the place or just the one if i thought it would be a two horse race (which they never are)?
Thanks again for everones help.
PS i still cant work out what that "increasing of the divisor" means on the retirement plan,....i know,.....im stupid but im new to this.
Cheers
Old 2nd September 2004, 08:28 AM

Mate,if you are picking 44% winners pack your bags and book yourself a Carribean cruise.After that,take a look around Potts Point and find yourself a nice mansion.Above all,dont tell anyone how you are doing it.
Old 4th September 2004, 07:58 AM

Heres a staking plan thats very good for targeting short priced Mules.

CRUSHER STAKING PLAN
We bet 1 unit on our selections following race to race, keep betting 1 unit until a winner is stuck.

Now increase the bet to 2 units if we srike a winner ,if at this stage ,that we are in front , we start allover again.

If we are not in profit with our 2 units on a winner ,we increase it to 3 units until another winner gets up.

We only increase the bet once a winner is struck .
Keep doing this until profit has been gained.

What we are doing is trying to crush the figures in our favour.
Even a small level stakes loss will be turned into a profit ,if you dont run out of money.

Bank for this based on a 25% SR is $450

This plan works very well for place betting aswell.
Also Eachway betting.

Old 6th September 2004, 09:11 AM

Hi Bagwhan,
Thanks for your input.
I have actually been using another one of your place staking plans that i looked up on the forum, 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5, etc the increase by TWO units on a win.
This has been working OK but the bank builds pretty slow.
I like this new new plan, ill give it a whirl and see.
I have toyed arround with the progressive staking plans like the old "add 50 % of your last bet after a looser" and regress when a winner is found, (works well at the pub saturday afternoon for the "snatch a profit and go" but i dont mix beer and punting so it is like win a quick one hundred and shout a few of the boys some drinks and go home 50 up and the wife is happy) this after the enevitable 12 run of outs emptied my profit bank and i had to start again, thats why i am trying the place systems with a reasonable strike rate. Like i posted, (and i have a lot of respect for your posts and information) my methods for picking either win or place is by the use of market movers, recent four runs, 90-100 pointers and a bit of luck, seems to get me 40+% win and around 70 % place, hence my intrest in a GOOD staking plan. I had a look at the "retirement staking plan" and all of the good folk on this forum tried to explain how it works (i have read it atleast ten times) i still cant get my head arround the "safety mechanism" nor the "increasing divisor" or more to the point if we increse the divisor, are we actually looking for a higher priced nag to put our units on, .....do i sound lost?.....
Thanks again for your help, if you have a laymans answer to the retirement plan (and i bet you will) could you please take the time to explain.

Cheers Dingoboy

Old 6th September 2004, 09:46 AM

Hi again Bhagwan,
Just a quick one in regards to the topic of your CRUSHER plan, do i read correctly.

1 loss
1 loss
1 loss
1 loss
1 win
2 loss
2 loss
2 win
3 win
4 loss
4 loss
4 win
5 win
in front,...rule off start again.
Thanks again.
Old 6th September 2004, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-09-02 08:28, syllabus23 wrote:
Mate,if you are picking 44% winners pack your bags and book yourself a Carribean cruise.After that,take a look around Potts Point and find yourself a nice mansion.Above all,dont tell anyone how you are doing it.

Funny how the longer you have been betting the harder it becomes to pick winners.
Getting the drift of a two or more horses per race the newbie is selecting to achieve his 44% figure.
Old 6th September 2004, 10:38 AM

Hi Moeee,

Gday.

Im sorry, but are you taking the you know what out of me because i am new to this, i hope not,..mate i stated that all i was doing was having a go on paper, now i think i can make a go of it with real paper and i just asked for a few ideas on staking plans, i didnt ask for any one to pick them for me,... just a little direction on what you guys thought a gook staking plan ( and every one is right when they say the pattern changes when you bet for real )
What do you mean about picking two ?? im not into dutch betting if that is what you mean.

Tata for now, cheers.