Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th May 2006, 07:11 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Hi Dr Ron

You will find with the thetote ratings are already in kg's. All you need to do is put the dot after the first 2 digits...eg....if the rating is 480...its actually 48.0....then you just need to subtract the horse's weight above the minimum limit weight that it is to carry today.

I tested that they were actually weight ratings in kgs and that 1.5 kg = 1 length by comparing two horses that were in the same past race and working out what there rating difference should of been.

Joe
Old 11th May 2006, 09:08 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for that info joelance, i'm sure i checked the same thing out previously but couldn't find any consistency using the 1 length = 1.5 kgs . I would have assumed that they would have put the dot in anyway if that is the case. Either way it still comes up with the same order but just a slight difference when pricing them.
Old 11th May 2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
Thanks for that info joelance, i'm sure i checked the same thing out previously but couldn't find any consistency using the 1 length = 1.5 kgs . I would have assumed that they would have put the dot in anyway if that is the case. Either way it still comes up with the same order but just a slight difference when pricing them.

Dr Ron!
This is from the VATC site, may explain the anomaly re. 1 len = 1.5 KG

" The following scale is a guide for assessment of a horse’s performance in a particular race, where the winning distance is two lengths or less:

1200Metres & Under - 1.5kg per length

1400 – 1800Metres - 1.0kg per length

2000 – 2600Metres - 1.0 to 0.5kg per length

2800Metres & Over - 0.5kg per length

This scale assumes a good to firm surface and diminishes as the surface becomes slower. Distances between placed horses may be under expressed."

Cheers
Old 11th May 2006, 09:50 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for that lomacca, I guess that the people who supply the ratings to thetote website must use something along those lines. It would explain the anomoly.
Old 11th May 2006, 09:52 PM

Smile

So just as a matter of interest, which base run figure would some of you guys use? the most recent, best of last three, best at distance? an average of 2 runs
Old 11th May 2006, 10:00 PM

Talking

got a feeling ducky may be about to fly away.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:18 PM

just had a look then, quite interesting.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
So just as a matter of interest, which base run figure would some of you guys use? the most recent, best of last three, best at distance? an average of 2 runs

Hi again Dr Ron!
Averaging the performance_rating of a human athlete, or that of a horse IN MY OPINION is simply wrong.
Why would you include a run where the horse may have been off colour, or the connections did not try, or it was an unsuitable race?
I would say, select the best performance in the not too distant past, even go back to the previous prep.
This will tell you what the horse is capable of doing, and that is what we are after.
Good luck
Old 11th May 2006, 10:28 PM

That will get you inconsistent horses who don't hold ratings. You'll back a lot of losers.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:14 PM

By the way that theory that kilograms to lengths is different in the wet is a fallacy. Horse A beating Horse B by by 7 lengths, on a dry track they say it's 10.5 kgs, on a wet track say 5kgs. Not true, still need the 10kg turnaround to make it up.