Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th May 2007, 06:33 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPixie
Guys

Have you been following Pharfromoz's postings in the Horse Racing Forum. S/he's punting from Palm Springs and is turning up some nice winners using various pace and distance methods adopted from the US. Worth a read and a brain pick or two.

Never heard of her. Whats the site reference?
Old 11th May 2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
There is nothing real complex in what I'm now doing but I've been in good profit since I seriously started using the method about a year ago.
Then it was just backmarkers from outside[ish] alleys and my first win was Ice Chariot in barrier 14 in his race before the Qld Derby. Payed $17w. And stone the crows he draws the 14 alley in the Derby and did it all again at another good price [he's been a dud after those wins]!

I've been quietly taking some very good collects ever since from the right backmarkers but now I include searching for lone leaders with a senior jockies as that's a very good area to look into as well.

Mid-pacers [must have a good Jock] and on-pacers [any jock] are a bit harder to figure and my success in that area has been mixed. Still, after a year it's all become a relatively simple method of following and sticking with good prices. As far as speed maps go, well I'm not really doing that. As long as the horse is capable of a good sectional [for the class of race] in the right contd. to suit and the price is good, I hop aboard.

Simple but very effective.

I think California Dane is a bit of a sook. Your right about the time but it's never just time that counts. Some very slow horses have been winning a lot of races and one in particular. I dare not mention the name as she is considered by some a 'Champion'. I don't wont to cause a riot!

any feedback on front-runners who lead the field almost to the winning post, then due to lack of stamina fade and the whole field almost beats them yet next time out, win the race. front -runners form often reads more changeable than back -markers
Old 12th May 2007, 12:08 AM

ho ho ho, LOVE it!
Old 12th May 2007, 05:13 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewatcher
any feedback on front-runners who lead the field almost to the winning post, then due to lack of stamina fade and the whole field almost beats them yet next time out, win the race. front -runners form often reads more changeable than back -markers

You have brought up a good point here horsewatcher and the fade bit and being swamped by the field is often true.

However, I'm talking another kettle of fish. What is usually happening in what you describe is in races with more than one leader who end up knocking themselves out up front setting the race up for the mid-pacers and or backmarkers.
If it is a lone leader who is swamped, it's almost always because it is being ridden by a [usually an inexperienced apprentice] jockey who is a poor judge of race pace.

Put a good senior jockey on a lone leader and there is no way the horse will knock up over the distance. In fact the jockey will slow the race down as much and for as long as possible [not good for backmarkers who need the pace on], and then just sprint away from the turn and be hard to catch over the short distance left to the finish post.

Anyhow, in the list of horses I've tagged on the previous page who race today, the ones marked [L] leaders are all lone leaders in those races.
The potential is there for them to win due to the tactics I've described. Of course there are many reasons they might be beaten too. The potential for the jockey to control the race pace though [a big advantage], won't be one of them.

The selection list is not from studied form on those races, they are just all the horses from the three cards who have the unique conditions I am talking about: More than one leader in the race for the backmarkers mentioned and being a sole leader in the race for the leaders I've mentioned. No other criteria at all. Took me about 15min. to do the list.

Last edited by crash : 12th May 2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12th May 2007, 05:39 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Here is my take on tomorrow Sat. from my backmarker and lone leader method. Lets see how they go.

Sat. 12/5/07
Melb.
3/3 4912 Okay Oky (5)" [B]
6/6 5500 Crepe De Chine (NZ) (15)" [L]should cross to lead.
8/2 0x58 True Courser (14)" [B]

DOOMBEN
2/15 1x36 Deception Bay (13) [B]
3/7 1973 Primal Impulse (12) [B]
4/10 2173 Chabeli (14)" [L] should cross to lead.

MORPHETTVILLE
5/3 x424 Our Currency (4)" [L]
6/4 2118 Jest For Fun (9)" [B]
7/13 6554 I'm A Goody (9)" [L]

From this 15min. effort list, I'll do the race form and if the odds are overs in my opinion they will be firm win bets [I'm not really an e/w man]. There should be 3 to 5 bets and I'll probably have a couple of parley bets too.

This is not a tipping exercise. The list above is just to see how they all go from the minimal requirements I've outlined for backmarkers and Leaders.

Hopefully I might achieve a bit of interest to extend form study into the area of pace and how it can be exploited to the punter's advantage.

Oh yes and by the by. The backmarker Ice Chariot whom I mentioned earlier I'd won on [$17w] a year ago when I kicked off with this method, is in the same race again today in Brissy [a lot of kiwi horses over here though that are hard to line up]. Same barrier 14 too!

Last edited by crash : 12th May 2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12th May 2007, 09:16 AM
Suspended.

Having a closer look at the form of the above races, these have good chances I think but Brissy is a hard day for most races. 'Jest for Fun' was a Mid-pacer so he's off the above method list.

Sat. 12/5/07
Melb.
3/3 4912 Okay Oky (5) [B] No win bet as will be too short for my liking.
8/2 0x58 True Courser (14) [B]*

DOOMBEN
2/15 1x36 Deception Bay (13) [B]* [best bet of the three races I think]
3/7 1973 Primal Impulse (12) [B]
4/10 2173 Chabeli (14) [L] should cross to lead.

MORPHETTVILLE
7/13 6554 I'm A Goody (9) [L]

5 bets here with a few parlays for r3/r8 in Melb. and r2/r3, r2/r4 in Brissy. Hopefuly I'll come out OK on the day and if not, well it won't be the first time I've looked sillly.
Old 12th May 2007, 12:45 PM
Suspended.

Well there go my Brissy parleys. I couldn't believe Boss's poor ride. Why in the blazes did he not sit at the tail instead of immediately moving up to mid-field? He was on a backmarker for heaven sakes, not a mid-pacer!
Old 12th May 2007, 01:37 PM
Banned

lost confidence is bossys judgement sometime ago, he probably gets it right more often than he does wrong, but thats not good enough for someone with his talent

they all look like champs & masters of the universe when riding out & out freaks, but there seems to be only one current jock that can consistently turn an average nag into a winner
Old 12th May 2007, 02:00 PM
Suspended.

I'm still alive in my Melb. parley. I couldn't believe $ 2.60w on Okay Oky. I thought it would start odds-on.
Old 12th May 2007, 04:48 PM
Suspended.

Bets:
DOOMBEN
2/15 1x36 Deception Bay (13) [B] unp.
3/7 1973 Primal Impulse (12) [B] 28.80/5.50 e/w [3rd. Took an e/w at a price that was way, way overs]
4/10 2173 Chabeli (14) [L] should cross to lead. [missed the jump and got lost out the back].

MORPHETTVILLE
7/13 6554 I'm A Goody (9) [L]

Melb.
3/3 4912 Okay Oky (5) [B] win. Took the $2.60w price. Should have been odds-on.
8/2 0x58 True Courser (14) [B] 4th. took an e/w at odds.

A very disappointing day but I wouldn't judge the method by it. It was a very odd day in most states.

Last edited by crash : 12th May 2007 at 04:50 PM.