Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th October 2004, 05:52 AM

KennyVictor,
Sorry if I offended, none was meant, it's just my way of expressing myself.

Shaun,
You summed it up perfectly, except the 10 year bit, as I will probably be in the big betting ring in the sky by then.

Sportznut,
It is sort of similar to what I was doing, except the form bit.
Remember my biggest problem was sorting out which one to back out of the 2 or 3 by looking at cyberhorse form.
Now I mainly just look at odds and betting moves.
I am usually on the 3rd or 4th fav as I am looking for the $2 or better place.
Yesterday was a perfect bet for me as in that scenario they will run a place 99 times out of a 100.
No nothing to do with prepost.
About the only form I do now ( if you can call it that ) is as previously mentioned, I look for horses that have been racing in nsw, haven't had a start for a year and pop up in qld, and are running in a lot lower class race than previously.
There is no magic formula, and I have losing days as well.
I still believe a lot to do with any success I have is my hit and run way of betting, ( although there are many many out there that don't agree with this ****.
A little slice daily adds up to a nice big pie at the end of the month.
Oh just one more thing I no longer bet on saturdays or big meetings midweek, e.g Melbourne Cup day.
Old 29th October 2004, 06:44 AM

Absolutely no offence taken mate, keep up the good work.
KV
Old 29th October 2004, 06:48 AM

Hi Kenchar,
Great post, i have been hoping you would come back and tell us how you have been doing.You have inspired me to look at trying to do the same, however i am no where near the level that you are in regards to bet size but if i can find a consistant method of selection i'm sure it will build it's self up.Please keep us informed as to how you are going as it is great reading and as i said very inspiring.
cheers
Geoffro
Old 29th October 2004, 07:17 AM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-10-29 05:52, kenchar wrote:
Oh just one more thing I no longer bet on saturdays or big meetings midweek, e.g Melbourne Cup day.

Please tell me you're at least going to have a small bet on the Cup???
Old 29th October 2004, 07:33 AM

Actually I fibbed, I am booked in for lunch with a few friends ( prepaid) and I will be taking $100 with me to have a bit of fun with $5 bets.
Old 29th October 2004, 07:39 AM
Member.

That's better. :smile:

The Melbourne Cup is one race that everyone should at least have a little interest in. (even professionals who wouldn't normally bet on a 3200m Hcp with 24 runners)
Old 29th October 2004, 07:43 AM
Member.

Actually, in recent years, I've done very well betting on the other races at Flemington on Cup day. And pretty well on the Cup too. If only I could get a trifecta or first 4. In each of the last two Cups, I've had 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th!!!

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-10-29 07:44 ]
Old 29th October 2004, 05:34 PM

Hey Kenchar
how did things pan out today.
With my trying to emulate your idea it took 6 bets today to get 2pts clear actually 2.9pts.
if i was only after 1 pt would have got it first bet werrebi r1 NO5
At the moment i am only testing on paper but the last 3 days have done the job.
the hardest thing to determine at the moment is whether to back my selection or not because there is so much money that goes on in the last 30seconds that it can change a $2.10 place chance to a $1.60 chance.(************)
Question? How long did you test your idea before you went live with it.
cheers
geoffro
Old 29th October 2004, 07:48 PM

geoffro,

I didn't bet today as my Wife and Kids left for a 3 week overseas holiday and I have been at the airport.

In relation to testing, from memory when I first thought of place betting I think it was 1 to 2 weeks.

As far as what am currently doing it just evolved from what I had been doing and calling on my memory from many many years ago in relation to working to odds and markets.

As far as 1 point or 2 or 3, I have found it much better just going for 1.
I used to go for 2 but since I doubled my bet and now go for 1,I find it a lot easier.
50% of the time I am out first bet.
It is more risky as far as the size of the bet, but less risky to get out for the day.

If you are going to place a bet you HAVE to sign up to a fixed odds site, that's where I place the majority of my bets.

Try to look for horses that are blowing out and not coming in if you are going to bet on the tab.

If the race has an odds on fav, leave it alone as it will invariably run a hole so you are cutting yourself down to 2 chances, and also in odds on races a lot of punters back other horses to place and you lose all value.

It really isn't that hard, the main thing is you have to have a lot of patience while waiting for a bet.

DON"T BE GREEDY.( VERY IMPORTANT )
Too many punters want to win a $100 and they are having $10 bets.

That's just too hard and that is why the majority fail.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope it pans out for you.
Old 29th October 2004, 09:29 PM

Hi Kenchar,
Thanks heaps for answering,
baching it for 3 weeks hey tuff
I looked at what i had on paper so far and the 3 days i would have been finished for the day after 1 bet so it makes sense to go for the 1 pt and double the bet.
Im not sure if you are allowed to on this forum or not but can you suggest a fixed place odds site, if you cant on here i'll give you my e-mail.
gcdennisATnetcentralDOTCOMDOTAU
I take your point about being greedy, while doing this on paper it hasn't been that hard to watch the races go bye without having a bet but i am sure it will take a bit more will power when its real and i am behind on the day.
Anyway thanks again for sharing with us all, i for one greatly appreciate it.
cheers
Geoffro