Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th May 2013, 11:41 AM
Banned

Another Bhagwan edict was, "Don't Dutch if 1st Fav is over $4.00". Fact or Fiction?

A: Fiction

Of the last 55 > $30 BF Back price winners, the first favourite was less than $4 Tatts price, 82% of the time.
RP
Old 19th May 2013, 12:14 PM
Banned

Later in Feb 2012 Bhagwan amended his earlier edict and it became:
"Only Dutch if Fav is $3.25+". Fact or Fiction?

A: Part Fiction

Of the last 55 no. >$30 BF Back priced winners, 50% were > $3.25 Tatts price.

So we're starting to see a useful filter emerge. Confidence can be gained by only Dutching races wherein the Fav is $4.00+. this is confirmed by long term stats wherein Fav's $4.00+ only win < 21% of the time so the luck is more spread amongst the other horses.
It's uncanny that longshots appear more often when the Fav is an average of $3.00 (29% Win S/R). Anyone got a theory on that?
RP
Old 20th May 2013, 12:59 PM

I would like to be able to pick races where the favorite is less likely to win, but I have looked at many scenarios and haven't cracked it yet.
Old 20th May 2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
I would like to be able to pick races where the favorite is less likely to win, but I have looked at many scenarios and haven't cracked it yet.

Hi Clive

One way to achieve your objective is to find a way to profile the types of favourites that are more likely to under perform. This is what I and most professionals that I know do. A few tips that might help are:

1. Avoiding back markers (especially when the likely early pace conditions are against them and more relevant in larger fields);
2. Avoid those that are ridden by jockeys who are over bet by the market place.

In respect of the first point you will need access to reliable speed maps (unless you are able to construct them yourself and in regards to point 2. you focus on each jockey by only considering those rides when they are expected to perform. Personally I use this data and measure each jockey on a short and medium term horizon.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 20th May 2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Cool Diary of a Dutchman

Tried the new Dutching Bot at $5.00 stake today. No filters on any races, come what may! Dutching to approx 90% Max $30 BF Back.
18 smiles 3 accidents. Nett profit 87% of liability or $4.36.
There were two small losses associated with unmatched bets going SP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  May-20-races.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  78.3 KB  

Last edited by Rinconpaul : 20th May 2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 21st May 2013, 03:46 PM
Banned

Default Slippage and what to do about it?

I've noticed today with two races, even though my Dutch had the winner I still lost about 13% of liability due to unmatched bets going SP.

With the bot you select the horses to Dutch, it does a calculation and returns a potential profit for you to approve. You hit the GO button, the bot fires but not all the bets are matched straight away. Some unmatched bets then go SP.
Example: The bot has staked a horse $41.90 @ $6.60 when bot fires. If unmatched BF gives you the SP price, in this case $5.17 but you're still staked at $41.90. Your Dutch is now out of kilter by $59.92.
There's swings and roundabouts, sometimes it works the other way.

Has anyone encountered this Dutch betting? Any solutions?
Cheers RP
Old 21st May 2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
I've noticed today with two races, even though my Dutch had the winner I still lost about 13% of liability due to unmatched bets going SP.

With the bot you select the horses to Dutch, it does a calculation and returns a potential profit for you to approve. You hit the GO button, the bot fires but not all the bets are matched straight away. Some unmatched bets then go SP.
Example: The bot has staked a horse $41.90 @ $6.60 when bot fires. If unmatched BF gives you the SP price, in this case $5.17 but you're still staked at $41.90. Your Dutch is now out of kilter by $59.92.
There's swings and roundabouts, sometimes it works the other way.

Has anyone encountered this Dutch betting? Any solutions?
Cheers RP
only solution is bet even earlier so you can adjust or a much faster computer connection.
Old 21st May 2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

UB, because I'm Backing' is there a bot that can connect with a fixed price bookmaker and dutch bet? Their fixed prices don't fluctuate as much.
RP
Old 21st May 2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
UB, because I'm Backing' is there a bot that can connect with a fixed price bookmaker and dutch bet? Their fixed prices don't fluctuate as much.
RP

there would be somewhere as a start try looking at rewardbet
Old 22nd May 2013, 06:18 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Using what ever method, with one bet, do you think you can make a profit of about one quarter of one per cent per day?

It needs to be a very safe bet, you could Dutch the field to 99.97%. You could Lay a 350:1 shot each day. The object is to make just .028% nett profit each day.
Say you've got a lazy $1,000. Win your first bet, you've now got $1,002.80. Your stake tomorrow is now $1,003, you win and make $2.81. Add that to the stake and bet again and again, keep adding your winnings to the stake for the next days bet.

RP
Started my Christmas Club All Up yesterday. Found the perfect horse in "Van Hooligan" Ballina R3. 39 starts 0 wins 85 Rating L3S 829. $500 @ 231.69SP = $2.03. Stake today $502
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Van Hooligan.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  24.8 KB