Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th October 2003, 07:39 PM

All I can say is winning is the best atmosphere that one can have....

Go racing go winning.
Old 20th October 2003, 07:46 PM

But Magoo when was the last time you experienced a 45000 plus day in Sydney.
Old 20th October 2003, 07:50 PM

************ syd bris and melb I love Mildura especially R7 no1 today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 20th October 2003, 08:25 PM

i thought this would get the sparks flying. Let's clarify one point, in no way do I suggest that any race be moved anywhere. None of the race tracks, fields or crowds are inferior to Sydney, just the facilities and the way the days are run. i think there is obvious room for vast improvement in these areas only.
In reply:
STORM: Haven't been to the Valley and really want to go, so can't comment. Heard it's great.
BOXHEAD: "People to the Races", yes i agree, but once there you must service them with good facilities and service otherwise they may not return.
CHROME PRINCE: You sound very intelligent as you have agreed with me.
KEN CALLENDER JEFF WELLS ETC: Big names and experience, well travelled...yes. They also agreed with the level of service...there must be some substance to our arguements. But I don't support moving any races to Sydney.
Keep the replies coming. Over 150 views but only a few replies, it suggests everyone agrees with MAGOO.
Old 20th October 2003, 08:40 PM

my own views and no wish to influence anyone.
I have been to 2 golden slipper meetings. absolute packed crowds. move and you dont get your seat back. watched all races except the first on the video screens due to not being able to get close enough to watch the races. generally i found it a difficult track to view races (rosehill) otherwise modern and attractive.
(actually extremely difficult to watch the races).
canterbury. surprisingly good except front gate opposite side to railway station.
good viewing area and facilities.
great day out there. (only meeting i got to was canterbury cup guineas (daytime) meeting.
randwick. went often in the old days havent been recently.
moonee valley i went recently what has been suggested (probably talking about caulfield you should have seen it before they done it up) but always enjoy caulfield. back to moonee valley. i thought it offered poor service. hard to find your way around unless you know. clumsily put together. but. BUT had an old world charm and really liked being there. I am not sure of the value of comparisons. I have enjoyed them all so it must be the races that I went for.
PS I used to go to Elwick a lot until they moved the races to sunday. used to be catastrophically cold for the mug punters but the members was all modern and great resteraunt and bars but men in coats stopped us going in there.
now sheltered from the wind and all that but unfortunately the public dont go anymore.
dont be too harsh in criticising or comparing. I think generally melbourne courses are okay. subject some areas e.g. tote etc. that dont offer real good service.
Its a great day at the races.
Old 21st October 2003, 04:13 PM

ah magoo you frocked up travelled all the way down from sicknee backed a horse that ran 15 lengths last and you reckon we dont know what we are doing pleeaassee!!!!!
Old 21st October 2003, 07:58 PM
jarred

LOVE YOUR WORK MAGOO TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!