Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th March 2005, 12:57 PM

Sportz, Yes that's why with this one I stick to pre-post prices (after scratchings) 2nd to 4th favs (WA TAB-FORM). It is especially interesting on Fridays betting MR and SR only. But for Saturdays I prefer to back week to week with 8 banks for each meeting. i.e. Week 1, race 1, week 2 race 1 etc etc. This definitly spreads the risk and also gives you a week to think about the situation should there be a sequence thats looking dodgy. I have several "safety" nets one of which is to stop a sequence when the stakes are getting too high and ADD the target (proportionately) to the other 7 races.

As long as you think of this plan knowing that you are going to lose banks on more than one occasion, the trick is to win often enough to stay in front
Old 13th March 2005, 12:17 PM

Just a note to all those that requested the spreadsheet, rememeber that my workout is based on WA TAB-FORM Pre-Race prices after scratchings, we then take 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fav's. Although I'm sure that the same plan would work if you used say the top 3 ratings instead etc etc, but my plan uses the PP and jags some nice priced winners,
Also remember that when a winner is struck at less than 11-1 (most of the time) just alter the target accordingly and proceed. One person suggested that say a big priced winner was struck early on and say, you were 50 units in front to stop betting for that day at that meeting. There could be many variations, and as always, it's what you feel comfortable with. Good luck!
Old 17th March 2005, 04:48 AM

Thumbs down Backing 2nd - 4th favourite

Taken me a while to get back.

Kept records for 9 days and seemed to go well. The 2nd - 4th favourites won regularly (longest run of outs - 3) with some very good prices here and there. Staking to win 'x' dollars per race, plus recover would losses, would have been relatively easy.

Then, on Wednesday 9 March, it all blew to pieces. Of the 31 races I kept records of, there were 19 losses, including a 6 in a row. Only backing smaller fields (say 6-10) would not have helped much.

Another idea bites the dust!!
Old 17th March 2005, 11:50 AM

Bazzatoo, with this idea you have to accept that you are going to lose banks. My spreadsheet covers 8 races, though I find it works better if you are betting meeting to meeting rather than race 1 to race 8.The object is to stand losing those banks and still make money.
Old 17th March 2005, 01:00 PM

Smile

Hi Bazzatoo,

I have been using similar system for months now, i have found that yes the bank can get emptied before your very eyes.

Things the Dingo does in a loosing sequence (i may be wrong) !

A. walk away and have a cuppa, let four, five maybe ten races go bye and re evaluate fresh, dont get caught in the "must win my bank back on the next race" thingo.

B. As Party says, spread the "big risk" (your chase) over say four next bets, say you are down 400 units, instead of increasing next bet to 800, put 100 on the next 4 races.

C. (i use this) Dont be greedy, staking (and i do four nags usually) gives one a very high strike rate with good returns, STOP CHASING AFTER THREE OUTS IN A ROW. just go back to your base bet as the returns are more than enough to cover a loss like this, especially after you use it with rule A. If you end up way in front,......way way in front,.......chase your "big loss then if you want. Look for silly overs like unitab 4, stab 5, nsw 8,

D.Half the stake to say (in respect to rule B) 200, then use this to return half your stake loss but use two nags, 2nd and third fav, (Bhagwan) WAIT TILL FAV WINS AT A VENUE THEN BET THE NEXT RACE AT THAT VENUE, LEAVE FAV OUT. I used this once after a run of outs went to six, nails were short, sweat had started, the little ripper paid 12, but dont let it go that far if you can help it or a MASSIVE bank.

Cheers and hope you get something from my garble

Dingoboy
Old 18th March 2005, 07:38 AM

Try this.
Out of your 3 Mules , delete the widest barrier.
This will give you greater fire power as far as value .
You will miss some but that doesnt matter.
The greater value will compensate because one is backing 2 horses not 3.
Target races with 10 & less runners.
Old 18th March 2005, 09:24 AM

Default have a look at this bazzatoo

Gday Bazzatoo,

Attatched is a speadsheet i built (shes a bit rough) for 5% bank betting which may help you.
All you need to do is enter venue (mel) race number, your selections and your START FIRST BET, once you put in your win divy, the thing calculates your next bet for you either up or down, i use it for dutch, 30 units / 3 mules is first bet, 10 units per mule.
I find that using 5% in dutching you will never really break your bank.

IMPORTANT BIT

To avoid run of outs, try this on paper (and the dingo may be wrong again),
Dont back mules this way,

Melb race 1, then Brisbane race 2, Adl race2, try to stick venue to venue, ie.
If there is races in Mel, bris, adel, syd, then start with four banks, divide working bank by four, reserve bank by four and set these aside per venue, i have noticed that if you get a run of outs in one venue,....old murphy will shurely give you a run of outs in the other venue just to stuff you up, hope you know what i mean.

Any way, see if it helps, good luck,

Dingoboy
Attached Files
File Type: xls 5 percent place.xls (218.5 KB, 355 views)
Old 20th March 2005, 12:25 PM

Dingoboy. Your comp skills are obviously a lot better than mine (not hard to beat) that spreadsheet is handy. On the question of race to race etc, you know the "originator" of the $100 a day plan, based it on SR & MR only betting (eg) SR-1, MR-1, SR-2, MR-2, etc etc. I see your point it would be very confusing etc to try and bet all venues like this. What I do, is have 8 banks, for each meeting that I want to bet at, now say with SR, my spreadsheet runs from week to week rather than from race to race. i.e. today my first bet is on race SR-1, my next bet for that bank will be NEXT WEEK SR-1, etc etc, same for all other meets (Metro) I find this spreads the risk nicely.
Old 20th March 2005, 05:06 PM
Suspended.

Just out of curiosity, while all this action is going on between the favorite and 2nd. and 4th. favorites, how is the 3rd. favorite going ?
Old 20th March 2005, 05:57 PM

Crash,
I don't want to change the gist of this thread so will start a new one, called 3rd + 4th favs.