Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th July 2005, 05:36 PM

Spot on KV. That's exactly how I would do it.

The easiest way would be to have an excel spreadsheet where the race date is in column A, Race Number in Column B, etc.

Then I just change the app so that it can read the data in from that spreadsheet.

CSV or TAB delimited files are just as easy. As is XML. Actually, XML is probably the best option truth be told but it would require the user to know how to export to XML which isn't necessarily the easiest thing in the world (but it's hardly rocket science either).
Old 8th July 2005, 06:11 PM
Former Member

Talking mee too

whiles you're at it, cobba........

I'm at ewan_huzearmy at i primus dot com dot au

I'll send you a couple of mine
Old 9th July 2005, 10:16 AM

Exclamation Question

Question.

Are we to assume, to send you our selections so they can be sent to Taboline via your current setup ?
Old 9th July 2005, 11:33 AM

Well, my idea was more to discuss ideas and systems with people and then if the people are interesed in the software, give it to them to get their opinion of it. Obviously, if those people want to continue sending me their selections then I would appreciate that, especially if they find the software useful.

This will lead me to make further refinements to the software to make it more user friendly and then depending on the popularity of the software and what the people thought of it, I was then going to decide whether to sell it or just continue to give it away in exchange for systems, tips, etc.

Truth be told, I had no idea whether this kind of software existed so initially I was just testing the waters. I'm really impressed with the feedback and communication and am currently making some alterations so that I can give the app to some people to see what they think of it.

I would imagine there will be a fair bit of back and forth once some people get the app as I make improvements, fix bugs etc.

But that was my plan.
Old 10th July 2005, 02:42 PM

Default gungadin software

Hi gunga
dont know too much about software but i use a system which requires me to sit in front of the qtab screen all day and night as i apply my method to dogs and trots as well as gallops. i utilise a program which is basically a recoupment plan in conjuction with the tab site but i have to be there. does your software have potential to scan the tab site and incorporate my recoupment software and place the bet without my involvement all day and night?The method i use consistantly wins , averaging around5-6%profit on turnover , which if betting on 500+ races p/week is considerable even if bets are around 50.00 each. i sacrafice some profits as i like to play golf and go for long runs and nice dinners out .
There are many methods but to find a consistant winner over along period of time is very very rare, mine have worked for 3years and on over 50000 bets so some degree of comfort there.
anyway good luck all round
pardon me
Old 10th July 2005, 02:53 PM

Hi pardon me,

That's the exact purpose of the application. The only thing I'd need to get an understanding of would be whether your program could export the picks so that my application could import them.

Does your recoupment application have the ability to export daily selections?

Very interested in discussing this. Drop me an e-mail and we can discuss further.

GungaDin.
Old 10th July 2005, 03:09 PM

Default gungas software

hi gunga
let me say that my software does not make the selections it only records the bets and then determines what the next bet amt should be based on last bet results. it is really just a calculator with built in parameters which calculates instantly . my selections are made by me with a minute or less to jump timeand are determined by the prices on offer on qtab. when certain critera are in place a bet is triggered, i enter the price and click to tell me how much to bet, i then click on my qtab acct and the bet is sent. this whole process takes less than 20seconds and the longer it can be left ie the closer to jump time the more accurate the result as pools still flow up to jump and prices can alter dramatically.
what is good about my method is consistancy, sure there are some fluctuations and even some bad weeks but month by month the results and profits flow much the same statiscally, it is just the problem of sitting in front of a screen all the time that gets to you (or the missus).
i will nut out some more details and example resuts and email, got to get back to the big screen now.
pardon me
Old 10th July 2005, 03:17 PM

Sounds promising. Will look forward to the e-mail.
Old 10th July 2005, 10:07 PM

hi gunga
since mgt changed setup some mths back i cant seem to access member details for emails etc.
have requested they fix up access for me.
Old 10th July 2005, 10:09 PM

Ahhhh, I thought that must have just been something with my setup.

What's your e-mail address and I'll drop you an e-mail?