Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd May 2006, 09:57 AM

Why did they wait until after the match had been played to refund your money? Is it safe to say that, had Lapentti lost the match, your money would not have been refunded?
Old 3rd May 2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydyboy
Theres tabs along the top of the page Sportz ......

Oh, thanks for that. I always use that site for Soccer scores. I thought that was the only sport on there.
Old 3rd May 2006, 04:55 PM

Question

Hi.

I received a reply from the TAB. My bet history with them has been changed, Przysiezny's name has been substituted with Almagro, consequently their records now show I had a bet of $50 on the Lapentti vs Almagro match even though yesterday it was correctly recorded in the bet history with the TAB that my bet of $50 was on Lapentti to beat Przysiezny. The Lapentti/Almagro match was cancelled because Almagro couldn't play, and therefore all money refunded, that's the reason my stake-money was re-credited to my account.

I have now sent the TAB an e-mail explaining the situation, and have even asked them to refer to this thread.
Old 3rd May 2006, 05:59 PM

Question

So, was Lapentti originally supposed to play Almagro, but Almagro withdrew due to injury???

It sounds like they've tried to cover themselves here after making a blunder.
Old 4th May 2006, 11:13 AM

Wink

My query has now been referred to the Claims Officer. Hopefully there will be a happy ending.

One can easily question the ethics of the TAB in changing the details of any bet after it has been made and which has also been confirmed in the Bet History. I'd like to think it was just human error and not "dirty tricks" by the TAB. I wonder if anyone else had bet Lapentti to beat Przysiezny?
Old 4th May 2006, 04:38 PM

I had a similar experience earlier this year with a betting agency. I noticed that they were paying Sri Lanka $9.50 to beat Bangladesh in a ODI. I put $200 on it but got an email later that day telling me my bet had been cancelled due to human error! It sucks they can just refund a bet if they think they have the wrong odds posted
Old 6th May 2006, 01:04 PM

Thumbs down

Hi, CTO5. I presume they contacted you before the match had ended. I suppose you can be at least be thankful they did contact you because the TAB didn't in my situation. They arbitrarily changed my bet without informing me. Most people would consider what they've done not only extremely poor customer service but a complete lack of ethics.

The TAB has "settled" my query by now crediting my account with $225 in addition to the $50 when they had declared all bets to be refunded. So I have received a total of $275. But by my arithmetic, a winning $50 wager on a $6.50 selection should be a return of $325, not $275. I have again sent them an e-mail querying this. Hopefully they have made an honest mistake (I'm assuming they have made a mistake) and have not penalised me for whatever reason.

Last edited by michaelg : 6th May 2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 8th May 2006, 08:18 AM

Default michaelg well done congrats

well done mate, took on the golly green giant and won!!! very deserved and they will fix up the difference prolly a mistake on there part but legally they wouldnt have a foot to stand on. This is great news for the battlers on this site and gives everyone hope. Again mate congrats!!!
Old 8th May 2006, 08:45 AM

just wanted to say good on ya mate
good to see the little guy come out on top every now and then
Old 8th May 2006, 12:33 PM

Question

Hi.

I'm still waiting for some news about the shortfall of $50. When any of us has an online bet with the TAB we do not have the luxury of cancelling our bet even if one second second later we realise we have made a mistake. At least they should give us five minutes leeway as they do at any TAB outlet. Even five minutes does seem miserly. One can easily conclude that their philosophy is "screw the punter, but ONLY after we've got his/her money".

Last edited by michaelg : 8th May 2006 at 12:41 PM.