Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th October 2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

if extend does what he did last start he might help set a real good tempo ,,,might suit the stablemates , littorio and Tuesdays Joy ..
could Loyd be using the pacemaker tactic ?? i've backed littorio and had a little on Zipping at the 81's ..
Old 4th October 2008, 04:23 PM

Proven!!!
Old 4th October 2008, 04:56 PM

wow.. nice work.. does this mean WH spring is finished? He got Pwned!
Old 4th October 2008, 05:00 PM

Question

post21,
Aren't those tactics illegal under the Rules Of Racing?
Old 4th October 2008, 05:36 PM
Suspended.

WH's renowned flat spot just went on and on ! Is this the end?
Old 4th October 2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu
post21,
Aren't those tactics illegal under the Rules Of Racing?

Post 24
Not sure ?
might come under the rule "riding the horse different for previous start ect" Extend always leads or atleast takes off early ,, its only my opinion that thinks he was wasting his time and doing a favour for the stayers out the back.,,an opinion that was luckily right and very profitable.
Old 4th October 2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filante
Try this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gzrusADoM

He doesn't get past Indio Glorioso until around 1:13 into the race. Before that he sits behind Indio Glorioso, and probably wider than that horse (which is one of the fence outside Maldivian).

There is a clear picture of him racing 3 wide between 0:47 and 0:49.

It is a matter of perspective as to whether he was racing 3 wide before that - you just can't tell with the camera angle.

What was impressive about the run was that he raced wide without cover on the speed for a significant portion of the race and was still too good for Pompeii Ruler, who had the sit on him.

Tomorrow should be much the same pattern - with Maldivian leading from Weekend Hussler and Pompeii Ruler sitting back 3rd or possibly 4th if Extend pushes up. The advantage to these three runners, compared to Caulfield, is that Indio Glorioso is not in the field. This takes some pressure out of the speed.

Barring some crazy track bias (remember this meeting last year) Weekend Hussler should win.

With the track bias IN FAVOUR OF WEEKEND HUSSLER he still got his brains kicked in by opposition that are finally reaching their peak form.

Simply put HE WAS EXPOSED !!!

Until today Weekend Hussler had never done anything "OUTSTANDING" yet we had people talking him up in the class of Phar Lap....INSANITY !!!

How quickly we forget a horse like Octagonal who followed up his Cox Plate win in the Spring with four Group 1 wins in the space of five weeks against horses like Saintly, Nothin Leica Dane and some other class horse with a stupid name.....yet Weekend Hussler wins Group 1's against an EI ravaged field and some decent sprinter-milers and next thing we know he's installed favourite for the Cox Plate and Caulfield Cup....

I honestly thought I was going mad, which is why I'm so glad he flopped today as it justified my original belief that I'm the only sane punter in the whole damn country.....snapping up the overs on horses like Zipping and Co. as everyone else got swept up in the Hussle...

C'mon, surely I earn't bragging rights on this one. In fact if any of you gave some long, objective thoughts to my post then there was plenty of value to be had on the Hussler's opposition.

That said I didn't back Littorio in the Turnbull and I don't have him in any of my futures at fixed odds so it may all be for nothing in that respect.

I did however snare;

Zipping 20 (Caulf. Cup) x Samantha Miss 16 (Cox Plate) @ 320/1 9th Sep.

Zipping 20 (Caul. Cup) x Efficient 10 (Melb. Cup) @ 300/1

and a few others that are in with a chace.
Old 4th October 2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda
WH last run wasnt that impressive as for me. Another word is that the longer it go, the less impressive I am. This weekend will end his great performance. I believe Tuesday JOy, PR or Littorio will impress.

Hope you had something on him today or at least in the Caulfield Cup where he'll carry 52.5kgs.

My best Caulfield Cup bets revolved around Zagreb at 50's and even a couple at 60's and with 50.5kgs I still think it was a good investment but after watching today's performances I would much rather be on Littorio at half the price if I had the chance.

The first three over the line in the Turnbull all went super.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:29 AM
Banned

must admit i didnt think he'd be gone so early,,then again i suppose any other horse facing the breeze 3 wide the whole way around a flemington 2000m would have excuses...

anyone heard what the plan is for him ?? do they go the Cox ??
Old 5th October 2008, 04:14 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
must admit i didnt think he'd be gone so early,,then again i suppose any other horse facing the breeze 3 wide the whole way around a flemington 2000m would have excuses...
When you start talking Phar Lap and Kingston Town you expect a horse to do better than he did against the horses that belted him today.

Champions can overcome unfavourable circumstances when required and to be honest I didn't see Weekend Hussler's situation as any reason for him to be so soundly defeated.

It wasn't as though he got badly checked and almost fell....had to be pulled across heels and forced to start his run again with only 150m to go...in a race like the Australian Cup against Makybe Diva, Elvstroem, Mummify, Pentastic and Delzao.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R29N...feature=related

Quote:
anyone heard what the plan is for him ?? do they go the Cox ??
I doubt that McDonald would throw their plans on the scrapheap after one loss because he has such a huge opinion of him but if they were to change anything you'd have to think that the Cox Plate over 10f at WFA would suit him better than a handicap at Caulfield over 12f.

On NSW TAB fixed odds he's still favourite (just) at 5/2 while has lost favourtism to Littorio for the Caulfield Cup.

He is 25/1 for the Melbourne Cup....

=============================
Content deleted ---- Members do not read these posts to be called idiots. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 5th October 2008 at 11:15 AM.