Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th February 2003, 05:51 PM

Not a bad effort yesterday El Gordo.
I see your five winners paid (in WA) - $3.10, $4.10, $3.70, $8.40 & $2.70.

Royal Omen improved on recent form to take out the cup. Taxa won yet again - 3 in row since stepping up in distance & could be a visitor to the city shortly.

Sandgroper :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-17 17:51 ]
Old 17th February 2003, 07:02 PM

Thought I would add a bit more to red's post race review for Saturday.

Keep up the good work red, (and all our other posters) - I'm sure many appreciate the input.

Race 1 - A very good win by Fore Stay, red. Being set for the Pinjarra and Bunbury cups.
Nice improvement by Animagic - would you believe a 9YO originally from Ireland (one for Paddy) who also raced in Hong Kong.

Race 2 - And yes, a very good win by Air Pocket, red. Money for first starter Rubyclass - reared at the start & raced greenly throughout. Stewards trial before racing again.

Race 3 - Pleasantly surprised by Early Express's short odds, I had it rated 3rd. Mercury Halo did a good job but thought Precious Lady a little unlucky - shifted in a bit around the 150m mark. Pure Penny looks an improver. Mercury Halo will next tackle the Challenge Stakes (1400m) on March 1.

Race 4 - We finally saw the real Lulugui with Harvey on top. Also nice runs by Spirit Of Jules, Mogul and Dante's Kalista. Nice overs for Spirit Of Jules and Mogul, both I had well up in the ratings.

Race 5 - Trainer Colin Webster is to spell Eastern Standard, who ran last in this race. Lovely overs for Face Your Fears. Good run by Son Of Vasac. Voltega proved that his previous win over Eastern Standard was no fluke and is back to his best.

Race 6 - Good win by Blinded who continues to improve and will be stepped up to longer races. Instantaneous got too far back early - top run. Also a good run by Twin Power, who is still maintaining his form, and also a good run by Turnez who is yet to find his consistent Brisbane form.

Race 7 - Interesting that Silentium who was a unlucky 2nd to Crimson Sakura last start and met that horse again at similar weights, started around 40/1, whilst Crimson Sakura who finished 5th in this race, started around 9/1 :wink: Good run by Twin City Girl who is about to strike best form. Disappointing runs by Aunt Katie and Miss Belhus. WA Oaks plans for Silentium.

Race 8 - Pleasantly surprised (again) by the short odds on offer for both Star Trekking (apparently a SKY Channel super special) and Western Tycoon. Had neither rated in top 3.

Top run by the winner Orange William, back to his best. Now a winner 2 out of 3 starts, since a long spell. Burrington Coombe improved on his last start. Star Trekking ran up to his best. Bay Of Mine looks to be ready to find form.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-17 19:05 ]
Old 18th February 2003, 12:16 AM

Nice work El Gordo.

Well done Sandgroper and Redcraze on your perth analysis.

Keep up the good work all.

Cheers
Cosmo
Old 18th February 2003, 09:00 AM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

I’m finding the information posted on this thread invaluable. Appreciate all the input from fellow posters.

the prince tipped the quinella in race 1 at Ascot. El Gordo did well at Mt. Barker on Sunday even after some selections were scratched.

El Gordo, must thank you for the extra double. Took the field in the first leg (race 3 – maiden) with your remaining two selections, and made a nice profit. :wink:

I know we have many more WA members, I'm sure their input anytime would be appreciated.
Old 18th February 2003, 06:37 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Summer Surprise is racing at Pinjarra tomorrow - race 6 no. 1. As I mentioned in a previous thread, has gone extra well 2nd-up in the past. Bit concerned about the weight she has been asked to carry (56.5kg). Might couple her up with nos. 3,5,9 & 10 in the multiples.
Old 18th February 2003, 07:46 PM

Good luck tomorrow BettyBoop.

News this morning that Old Spice, the sire of top gallopers including Melbourne Cup winner Rogan Josh and Australian Cup winner Old Comrade, has died at Clairefontaine Stud, near Busselton. He was 22yrs old.

His progeny have earned stakes totalling about $13 million to-date.

Last month's Perth Cup winner Tumeric, a six-year-old by Old Spice, is expected to further boost his sire's national reputation when he tackles the Caulfield and Melbourne cups next season.

Rogan Josh's 1999 Melbourne Cup win gave Old Spice his biggest success as a sire. Old Comrade, sired by the stallion in 1996, won a Railway Stakes and two Fruit 'N' Veg Stakes at Ascot before his Australian Cup triumph at Flemington last year.

Natasha, Old Role, Old Money, Field Officer, Forge On, Spectrum, Old Nick, Old Cobber, Chelsea and Lawmaker have been among other classy gallopers by Old Spice. More than 150 of his progeny are winners.

Eight yearlings by Old Spice are entered in next month's Perth Magic Millions Premier Sale.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-18 19:47 ]
Old 19th February 2003, 10:29 AM

Good luck with Summer Surprise today BettyBoop. 56.5kg over 1600m at only second run since a spell seems a big ask, but it is achievable.

At Pinjarra today

R1: A number of first starters with good trial form, so watch for any betting moves. Expect Crystal Clear to be hard to beat. Danzeyo (blinkers added) and Dreaming of Money could be value.

R4: A repeat of his last start effort and Shirazamatazz will be hard to beat. Platinum main danger. Ted’s Spirit next best. Twice could fill a placing at good odds.

R5: Like the topweight here, Bold Endeavour (also qualifies under angel416’s topweight system) Main dangers Prince Georgios and Brave Act. Final Affair might be placed at good odds.

R7: Expect King Lomond to be hard to beat again, shooting for three in a row.
Hoolagain well drawn and well weighted. Pekan Flyer and Blazing Morn could go well fresh.

R8: Expect a big run from Cation first-up. Lady Didalot consistent of late. All Ferrari another with a good first-up record. Two at value for the multiples – Simply Marooned and Sky Storm.

Old 19th February 2003, 09:35 PM

Congratulations BettyBoop, Summer Surprise duly saluted AND you tipped all the multiples – in WA tri paid $159.30 and quartet paid $651.60. Keep em coming!

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-19 21:36 ]
Old 19th February 2003, 09:49 PM

A top effort El Gordo.

Three or four scratchings, some places and a few winners amongst your lot.

Winners – Shirazamatazz - $5.20, Brave Act. - $8.10 and King Lomond - $4.00

Between you and Betty, almost scored the quaddie- in WA paid $1,073.60

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-19 21:50 ]
Old 19th February 2003, 11:53 PM

Well done again Betty and El Gordo, along with Sandgroper, Red and Paddy for your thoughts on W.A. racing.

Unfortunately I only have time to get on the net late at night and only then a couple of times a week, so haven't had a chance to follow the leads given in this informative thread, but hope you guys are cleaning up, and if anyone else is cashing in, then why not say thanks.

Being in Qld I've always found it hard to get useful information and thoughts on Perth racing, so please keep up the good work people, much appreciated by all I'm sure.

Cheers,
Cosmo

[ This Message was edited by: Cosmo on 2003-02-19 23:54 ]