Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th November 2004, 08:50 AM
Member.

Well, he ended up beating Mickelson by two.

I personally would never have this sort of bet, because anything can happen in just one round. However, if I WAS to back one of the two players it would definitely have been Vijay. He's simply playing far too well to ignore. In the form he's in and with his form on this course, he simply has to be the man to beat again this week.
Old 5th November 2004, 08:59 AM

Without any facts and figures to back me up it has just seemed to me that when someone at the top of there game and winning regularly in individual sports their form seems to drop off when they get tangled up with a woman or married maybe its just my imagination .poor old tigers form has certainly gone off the boil . I think his greatest attribute was his mental strength driving his ability ....but if you got other things on your mind it well lessen your ability to focus in the tunnel so to speak
Old 5th November 2004, 09:18 AM

Perhaps he's focusing to hard on the Tunnel Flodyboy.

Vijay is a rock solid player, playing better golf then anyone in the world. I cant see how it is Flippant or foolish to bet on the best, most consistent player to beat someone in nowhere near as hot a form. Especially as they were teeing off at the same time so weather had nothing to do with the result.
Old 5th November 2004, 09:24 AM
Member.

Well, I think you know more about Golf than you previously let on. From your earlier post, it appeared to us that all you knew about Golf was that some bloke called Vijay Singh seemed to be winning a lot lately, so you decided to throw a lazy 500 on him.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-11-05 09:27 ]
Old 5th November 2004, 09:33 AM

No way! I pride myself as being a punter not a gambler. When i say heard i mean looking at results as i do not watch the sport. I do not know much about the game, such as good amatuers or up and coming players but when you keep seeing the one name on top of the leaderboard it is hard to ignore.
Old 5th November 2004, 09:38 AM

Ha ha yep the tunnel could certainly be the prob and the split with the coach could have been to do with the seemingly unrelated effect of the tunnel
...... And apart from tiger i cant remember seeing any one in such rare form as Vj
My point being though it only takes two or three puts to missed by a hair or a degree or two off the tee catch a branch drop behind a tree drop a stroke or two and your outa d contenst
Im a bit like sportz I prefer the top 5 finish..... but hey nice pick up on todays win
Old 5th November 2004, 09:41 AM
Member.

Well, I don't get to watch much of it either, but I still like to follow it. I've done well lately simply backing Vijay to finish in the top 5 every single week he plays in the US (not Europe) and he doesn't let me down. His run must come to an end soon you would think, but I'll still be ahead when it does.
Old 5th November 2004, 12:31 PM
Banned

Floydboy read my posts again. I was never making an arguement that Vijay was a bad bet. All I was saying is that when you spot what looks to be a great bet based off widely available info, chances are it's not really a good bet at all. In this case it just looks like the bookies were too lazy to post an accurate line.

Mr Ed, a punter IS a gambler. Punter = gambler who bets on sports.

Also "when you keep seeing the one name on top of the leaderboard it is hard to ignore."

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Plenty of people could tell you who's in great form, it's widely available information. You won't usually get profitable bets from widely available info.
Old 5th November 2004, 01:10 PM

Yes I stand corrected and I do appologise with the words IF he was great value escaping my view...often things slip past the one brain cell that Ive got left ....So we are in agreement .......cheers
Old 5th November 2004, 01:29 PM

What do you call an accurate line sorry im not bein funny but what is accurate ...
after the event when the result comes in ?
Thats what I was talking about before to an extent To my way of thinking yes Vjs in form Mickleson not thems the facts ......
I dont believe they can set an accurate market especially with that calibre of player...
Two strokes at the end of the day is over 1 round is nothing ... there not too lazy they really only have an opinion and unlike a lot of other events I believe it is less informed this sort of match up is closer to an even bet with a small advantage to Singh I believe this even after the result