Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th February 2011, 08:14 PM

Talking

If you go to that site now (R & S) the particular horse is rated third at $7, so no use trying to check after the event........False or different ratings compared to before the event.

Hope this clears it up

Enjay

Last edited by enjay : 10th February 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10th February 2011, 09:05 PM

seeing as how that particular horse won, why did they increase its assessed price?

there must be a glitch in the database. each horses brr must be re-calculated the next day or something, and this in turn leads to a change in the previous days ratings.
Old 10th February 2011, 09:35 PM

Its not a glitch but how the ratings are developed.

I believe the ratings also take into account horses the horse has raced previously. If other horses which the horse raced previously also race today, then their results from today reflect in the horses price.

For example if horse A is in todays race and assessed at $2 and horse B is running in another race today. Horse A ran 3rd last start and horse B was the winner of that race (raced against each other). If horse B ran in a lower or similar class race today and came 15th when they redo the ratings the assessed price of $2 today would be dramatically altered to take into account that a horse which beat it (horse B) ran poorly today.

Its a bit hard to explain but hope you get the drift of it.
Old 11th February 2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Smile

I dont see the need of researching past results as they are just that - past.
The pattern may never repeat itself.
Just take the asessed price and get on with it.

Cheers
darky
Old 11th February 2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Smile 12/2/2011

Morphetville Rated for dead
R 2 H 4 (asessed $1.75)
R 5 H 6 ($1.80)

Randwick - rated for dead
R 2 H 3 ($1.80 )
R 5 H 1 ($1.30)

Caulfield -rated for dead
R 4 H 1 ($1.26 )
R 5 H 1 ($1.60 )

Recheck prices after scratchings are known.

Cheers
darky
Old 11th February 2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
Its not a glitch but how the ratings are developed.

I believe the ratings also take into account horses the horse has raced previously. If other horses which the horse raced previously also race today, then their results from today reflect in the horses price.

For example if horse A is in todays race and assessed at $2 and horse B is running in another race today. Horse A ran 3rd last start and horse B was the winner of that race (raced against each other). If horse B ran in a lower or similar class race today and came 15th when they redo the ratings the assessed price of $2 today would be dramatically altered to take into account that a horse which beat it (horse B) ran poorly today.

Its a bit hard to explain but hope you get the drift of it.
I except your explanation simply because I do not know any better myself.
However if I quoted a horse at $2 on my website and changed it to $7 after the race I'd be tarred and feathered in short notice I can assure you.

What is the POINT of putting up a price before the race and change it AFTER the race?

By all means change it if there is a scratching, but rating the same race again on the same day after the race had been run?

Makes no sense at all, unless you want to hide the fact that your rating was cr...p to begin with.

Trying to prevent collecting data is a silly thing to do too, because most people look at the neurals before the race anyway, so again why do it?

It's a puzzle.

Good luck
Old 11th February 2011, 04:34 PM

Wink

lomaca,

when the people at the R & S website started doing this some time ago I e-mailed them asking the reason(s) because what they are doing can be confusing and not really helpful to the punter who looks for any sort of consistency with ratings/rankings etc.

And anyone with a cynical and suspicious mind could easily say with some justification that its also deceitful.

I'm surprised that no one on the R & S forum has mentioned this, not to my knowledge anyway.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail, and I've had a couple of birthdays since sending it.
Old 11th February 2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
lomaca,

when the people at the R & S website started doing this some time ago I e-mailed them asking the reason(s) because what they are doing can be confusing and not really helpful to the punter who looks for any sort of consistency with ratings/rankings etc.

And anyone with a cynical and suspicious mind could easily say with some justification that its also deceitful.

I'm surprised that no one on the R & S forum has mentioned this, not to my knowledge anyway.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail, and I've had a couple of birthdays since sending it.
Michael, I never said this before, I take notice of other's tips and selections, but NEVER EVER make use of them.
Be it tabrate or 100 pointers, tips, whispers whatever.

My simple reasoning is this: you will never know when it's going to change, never know when it's going to stop.

It's OK for the occasional punter who almost expects to lose anyway, but to build a system-rating on it while you punt for a living?

That would be insane!

Good luck
Old 11th February 2011, 05:36 PM

Wink

I believe Maria had/s a mechanical system that made her rich and famous, even though we don't know how the system has fared over the past few years.

And with Betfair's high prices I don't think it's inconceivable that systems would necessary fail.

And its good for the gray matter.
Old 11th February 2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
I believe Maria had/s a mechanical system that made her rich and famous, even though we don't know how the system has fared over the past few years.

And with Betfair's high prices I don't think it's inconceivable that systems would necessary fail.

And its good for the gray matter.
Yes I heard about that one, but we don't really know what it was based on.
I suspect it was price?

If it came to that, and I had to rely on outside tips, I would recommend the tips on Supertab. The tips bit comes from Skyrating and the "Form Best Overall" on the betting page comes from somewhere else, I know because they are different and I just ran a test for someone else.

It's computer generated and if the operator changes, so what?
Secondly, the TAB creams its profit off the top before the race so they don't care who wins, as long people bet, they make money, so it should a be reliable source for the long term.

Private providers on the other hand may look grand and generous in providing info, but nothing for nothing as the saying goes, and every website can look grand on the internet but for how long?

Hence is my reluctance, to rely on ratings I have no control over.

I look at them and test them to see if they are any better then mine and why, but that's about it.

Good luck