Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd September 2006, 02:48 PM

This is the one I used.DAX error with hotmail.
Old 22nd September 2006, 02:51 PM

The browser is great,,,but this error is a pain in the azz.I asked the moderator yesterday and he said that they were working on fixing that problem.
Old 22nd September 2006, 02:58 PM

This may be the answer.

After the above problem, I checked for more updates and added the following: KB904942, KB829019, and KB891122. Avant now works fine with no DAX error. I'm pretty sure the first one listed is the patch that fixed the problem. It has to do with authentication problems.
Good Luck
Old 22nd September 2006, 03:07 PM
Suspended.

The MSN hotmail problem was fixed in release issue:
Avant Browser 10.2 Build 39, Released: 04.02.2006 [2 releases ago].

if you are having that problem with MSN hotmail with the latest issue, I can find no posts from anyone else with the problem and nor can you it seems. If there is any posts about this issue please post a link as previously requested.

I suggest you put your problem [in detail] to the Avant forum where it can be investigated. Not much use putting it here [?]
Old 22nd September 2006, 03:11 PM

Been doing some research.

Would like to get your thoughts on this crash, if you don't mind.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index...3;pid;1480;pt;1
Old 23rd September 2006, 09:25 AM
Suspended.

Mad,

Toshiba Tecra A7
ComputerWorld: $1794.00

or [both are good]:
Toshiba Tecra A8 Notebook [check review here:http://www.mobilised.com.au/content/view/579/77/
Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83G, 80GB, 15.4"WXGA, DL-DV...
Sale Price: $1795.00 [Computerworld]

Both priced at: http://www.cworld.com.au/product_info.php?ID=120371

XP needs re-installing about every 18mths. as it slows down ...and down ....
SO.....
You want to specify: to have the HD formated for 15G primary partition [drive C: for XP OS and for all program installs] and and the rest [Drive E:] formated as a Dynamic partition [not extended-primary] for all you files,data and everything else etc.
That way, when you wish to re-install windows XP [or it crashes for some reason], it's a simple mater of re-installing the OS and programs on drive C: leaving all your data and files etc. untouched still on Drive E:-)

Whatever you buy [I'd go the A8], DO NOT let them install the free 90day Nortons software [it's very hard to get rid of] !

I've recently reviewed and upgraded my security combo and I can recommend this little lot for complete no-fuss and non-intrusive security [download them to disk for instant installation to new laptop or whatever].

All free:

AGV free version anti-virus [covers your mail too]
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Sunbelt Kerio Personal firewall [replaces Sygate]
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

Ewido anti-spyware [it's free after the 30 day trial but you lose a couple of features which you will not need].
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Hope this helps,
cheers.

Last edited by crash : 23rd September 2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 23rd September 2006, 09:58 AM
Suspended.

Add Win Patrol [free process protector] to the above security combo:
http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html
Old 23rd September 2006, 08:05 PM

Hi crash, I'm fanatical about security but expert I'm not!! I've just d/load Avant & am wondering how to transfer all my Firefox favs. Manually? I haven't thoroughly checked it out yet so with some luck, might be able to answer my own question!! Hoping ....... can't even work out the smilies!
Old 24th September 2006, 05:47 AM
Suspended.

Cinna,

This is how you do it:

Open up FireFox / Bookmarks / Manage Bookmarks. Within the MB window click File/Export and choose a place to save the file to [Desktop or My documents].

After you have exported your Firefox favorites as an html file, you can import that file into IE. Once in IE, the favorites will also be available in Avant.

To import the favorites file to IE:

Open Internet Explorer, click on the File menu and select Import & Export.

An import/export wizard will start. Click on Next / Import Favorites and then Next.
Use the browse button under "Import from a File or Address", and locate the bookmark.html file you previously saved on your Desktop or My Documents.

Regardless which way you are importing the remaining screens are the same. It will now ask you which "Destination Folder" you would like to save the imported bookmarks into. It is recommended you simply click Next.

Click Finish on the following screens and you are done.

These IE favorites will now be available from Avant.

--------------------------------

For future use to Import/Export or to save favorites and anything else etc:

The easiest way to transfer your favorites etc. to a file is to use XP 'Backup' available in accessories in XP Pro. If you have XP Home addition you won't have this feature but it is on the XP Home CD ....hidden.

[Avant has no Import/Export utility so you cannot export favorites into Avast directly into a favorites file useing backup].

Here is how to access it and install it to your accessories menu:

1.Insert your Windows XP CD into the drive and, if necessary, double-click the CD icon in My Computer to run the CD.
2.On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen, click Perform Additional Tasks.
3.Click Browse this CD.
4.In Windows Explorer, double-click the ValueAdd folder, then Msft, and then Ntbackup.
5.Double-click Ntbackup.msi to install the Backup utility to accessories folder.
6.Remove XP CD and Re-start your PC.

If you wish to export any files or setting to disk useing backup, make sure you export to desktop or my documents first and from there you can copy the file[s] to disk. Exporting directly to disk useing backup wizard is only possible if you have XP Pro.

Don't click on C drive by itself when using this utility and try to backup your whole drive!

Hope this is of some use.

Last edited by crash : 24th September 2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 24th September 2006, 01:47 PM

Thanks crash for such a quick & detailed reply. No time today but will do the changeover tomorrow with some peace & quiet! It'll give me an excuse to get rid of a few rarely used or now defunct ones!!