Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd October 2012, 04:59 PM

kenchar, to the best of my knowledge only gave away the info on blood counts once. Now this may be bread and butter to some on here who have an in depth knowledge of racehorses, but it was an interesting read. He said if the bloodcounts were not spot on then they would not back the horse, they'd run it but wouldn't bet on it. So you can shrug your shoulders and say so what, there's nothing I can do, or you can have a good hard think about how this info affects your punting.

I could write a couple of pages on what I got out of this throw away line, but I also needed other info gleaned from this site as well to put the pieces together. Let's assume the horse loses ..... do we accept that we don't know why the horse lost, or do we "find" that it hadn't won at that weight before ?? Ah Ha !!! An incorrect assumption !!! And we use that info in the future and the effect of all this snowballs. THAT'S precisely what I get out of info like "bloodcounts weren't spot on". We cannot always / mostly know for sure what reasons there are for a horse being beaten, or running below par, but some of us sure do a lot of research and come up with incorrect assumptions time after time after time. I'm sure there's times when the stable don't know what happened, then how the heck are we supposed to know. A good read on this stuff is punter57 who blasts the scientific mindset in a game where there are so many variables that cannot be quantified.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by syllabus23
Well done,,,,"You've all done very well" as Mr Grace would say.

I don't think that is the way to get useful advice syllabus23.

I know I get depressed when I hit a losing run , but I also know that getting useful advice is very difficult.
Whether members are part of the 2% or not should not concern you.
Concern yourself with knowledge divulged by those that are.
The Search button will be your best friend here.
Don't be frightened to go a long way back.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:11 PM
Banned

My suggestion does not give a pot overall but does have some good runs and does get some great longshots if that is the aim. Surprisingly it works best from March to November and has given me some profit years in that period. Try Brisbane 13/10/12 for an example.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:13 PM

Bloodcounts, shmodcounts - all more stuff 'we cannot know', or perhaps if the horse is in a 'wealthy' stable & gets solidly backed, I guess we can assume it's blood is good.

Will go out on a limb & say that more good blood loses than wins...
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:14 PM

Post deleted as it is quoting a disrespectful and now moderated post. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 23rd October 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:47 PM
Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
ONE winning selection (and there's no guarantees) could not possibly solve any difficulties that some members that your alluding to might have. No matter how you approach your punting there's information in abundance on here that will enable you to fine tune your methods and get into profit. It's all about research. There's probably hundreds of systems on here that can be tested for accuracy, there's a mountain of information on ratings and handicapping, odds, percentages. Whatever your area of interest is, there's plenty of brilliant posts on here to steer you in the right direction. So while I'm sympathetic to those members you point out moeee that need a winning selection, medium to long term its useless for them. Give me your email moeee and I'll send you a couple of selections over the weekend .....

From the forum front to back I'm testing every system with a random selection period. Found some interesting systems that are working like this baby

Sydney Races on Saturday, Horses 4--6, Metro LS, Only going up 1kg max and LS Margin Less than 4 lengths.

Basically I'm testing through to the end of 2011. Calling these my bronze systems.

I'll re-test them all over 2012 once completed. If they met the criteria and make a certain POT they hit the Silver systems.
Again the test is applied over 2013 making at the end a selecton of Gold Systems. I'm assuming only maybe 4 max will make it this far but as I've learnt from John West only back the best!

I'm agreeing with you Barny on all of these scientic information is often too much at the end of the day.

I'm currently read through to 2006 posts on the forum with 9 systems making the cut so far!

I'lll start a new thread from 1st of Jan called the Silver Systems!

So Barny keep your systems rolling. The facts are they can be tested and monitored going forward.
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:54 PM

Interesting stuff.. Who would be the most prolific systems maestro on your list to date ie with systems that still work = 'baby' - bronze category?

Cheers LG
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:15 PM
Vortech

I have used a couple of Wesmip rules and configured a little as I couldn't get all the rules tested around the R&S site.

But looking at all the systems in place the top 3 rules are as follows which are used in around 70% of the systems

Metro Last STart = Y, Age of Horse, Starting PRice

Not far behind is Place %. and Track condition.

The rest is very random!
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
I'm agreeing with you Barny on all of these scientic information is often too much at the end of the day.

Vortech, I do believe there are a couple of posters on here who do the scientific stuff that would have my head spinning. They're looking for an edge in an area where they believe they have expertise ..... I'm thinking my simplistic approach frustrates the bejeezus out of them because they know what they're doing works (or does it?). I'll concede there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
I have used a couple of Wesmip rules and configured a little as I couldn't get all the rules tested around the R&S site.

But looking at all the systems in place the top 3 rules are as follows which are used in around 70% of the systems

Metro Last STart = Y, Age of Horse, Starting PRice

Not far behind is Place %. and Track condition.

The rest is very random!

Give the place percentage the big Heave Ho, there was discussion on this a fair while ago and apparently it used to work, but not anymore. It's a Malcolm Knowles filter and he said it was the only "stand alone" filter he'd ever seen that shows a profit. But I think that's old news

Throw in this and get back to me ..... Zero wins over the distance !! If this doesn't improve your system I'll streak naked when Camilla Parker Bowles is presenting the Cup and give her a kiss !!. I've got 5 other beauts too.