Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th December 2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
Well book the Hall for July 1 2014 at the Surf Club, pre order the kegs and prawns, dust off the red carpet, tee up the gold leaf signwriter and get ready to induct a new member for the One Per Center's Honour Board.....lol, coz I've averaged 10.8% POT for the last year.....hooray!! (fully verifiable)

10.8% POT through thick and thin and with your own money is a great effort.
you must be on top of the world.
IMHO now you would need to consider a few things

1. streamline your operation as much as you can.

2. scout around/think/evaluate the best wagering option - BF, ABE,corporate bookmakers etc - getting that optimised can double your POT again.

3. risk manage your operation - what would you do for example if your form provider went out of business( happened to cyberhorse 3 weeks ago). Try to get an alternative supplier/plan to insulate you from this.
Also imagine a scenario where you come home tonight and your computer and all its backups are stolen. Could you continue etc.

As i said anything >5% POT is very good - thank fully most people lose and they're the ones we rely on.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:21 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussielongboat
10.8% POT through thick and thin and with your own money is a great effort.
you must be on top of the world.
IMHO now you would need to consider a few things

1. streamline your operation as much as you can.

2. scout around/think/evaluate the best wagering option - BF, ABE,corporate bookmakers etc - getting that optimised can double your POT again.

3. risk manage your operation - what would you do for example if your form provider went out of business( happened to cyberhorse 3 weeks ago). Try to get an alternative supplier/plan to insulate you from this.
Also imagine a scenario where you come home tonight and your computer and all its backups are stolen. Could you continue etc.

As i said anything >5% POT is very good - thank fully most people lose and they're the ones we rely on.

Thanks for the feedback Aussie, much appreciated. Just to qualify a few things though:
Only Lay bet 1st & 2nd favourites, so Betfair is the only choice

Rather than streamlining, I'm adding more value all the time. As my results spreadsheet expands, other former non bets start to become viable long term, as price interactions are revealed over a larger sample.

My only achilles heel, is that I rely 100% on oncourse betting fluctuations, no previous form or ratings required! This limits the scope of venues, but still plenty of action at this stage.

With the passing of time I fear that the genuine on course flucs will be replaced by synthetic contrived prices as determined by online bookies steering bettors in a direction that they propose, rather than an honest assessment. If that were the case my contingency would be to subscribe to someone like Vince Aspinall's prices that he provides to the oncourse bookies now, providing he hasn't shut up shop too. It's a worry?
Old 13th December 2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Well book the Hall for July 1 2014 at the Surf Club, pre order the kegs and prawns, dust off the red carpet, tee up the gold leaf signwriter and get ready to induct a new member for the One Per Center's Honour Board.....lol, coz I've averaged 10.8% POT for the last year.....hooray!! (fully verifiable)
RP
This does not portray the true story. In this period you had the school of hard knocks. During that apprenticeship period, you lost your shirt, your pants, and your smalls. But you did not lose what was in your smalls. Your return for the courage for continuing has been on the up and up since day 196 when you sorted out what to do and what to leave. You may have averaged 10.8% over the year but the truth is double that.
Well done. Credit where credit is deserved. Kudos to you.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
RP
This does not portray the true story. In this period you had the school of hard knocks. During that apprenticeship period, you lost your shirt, your pants, and your smalls. But you did not lose what was in your smalls. Your return for the courage for continuing has been on the up and up since day 196 when you sorted out what to do and what to leave. You may have averaged 10.8% over the year but the truth is double that.
Well done. Credit where credit is deserved. Kudos to you.

Right, just added you to the Xmas card list Wally....lol Front row seat at the Bondi Icebergs Club confirmed for July, don't drive there, I'll organise a cab.....hang on, you live in WA....lol. How bout I get some frozen prawns and a case of crownies delivered??
Old 13th December 2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Right, just added you to the Xmas card list Wally....lol Front row seat at the Bondi Icebergs Club confirmed for July, don't drive there, I'll organise a cab.....hang on, you live in WA....lol. How bout I get some frozen prawns and a case of crownies delivered??
I can provide the kit for a spot of jousting on the dunes if that helps? In another life it would've been the 'dancing girls' but we must make do with the resources to hand, I guess.

LG
Old 13th December 2013, 11:03 AM
Banned

Smile

Maark.

Most of the Top Pro,s av 2 - 5 % on Turnover .

At 50 % strike Rate and 16 % 0n Turnover DONT change a thing.

Cheers
Old 13th December 2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Aussie, much appreciated. Just to qualify a few things though:
Only Lay bet 1st & 2nd favourites, so Betfair is the only choice

Rather than streamlining, I'm adding more value all the time. ....

with streamlining of operations - i meant reduce the WORK you have to do thru automation etc - NOT reduce the scope.

on the contrary i would be looking to see where you could replicate what you do.

re laying - you can also lay on ABE - asianbettingexchange.com.au.

it initially looks complicated but it is quite simple when you get the hang of it.

Last edited by aussielongboat : 13th December 2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 13th December 2013, 12:57 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
with streamlining of operations - i meant reduce the WORK you have to do thru automation etc - NOT reduce the scope.

on the contrary i would be looking to see where you could replicate what you do.

it initially looks complicated but it is quite simple when you get the hang of it.

WOW!! I'll check this out. Seen your PP post,... right underneath the BF banner...lol

As for automation forget it, if you want to do better than a few per cent POT. My best work is done between the Official start time and the Actual start.....if you get my drift??

Cheers again.
Old 13th December 2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
That works out to be an average Divi $1.43.
that's tight and would put a lot of pressure on the selected betting house /method that you chose as even an improvement to $1.5 would 3x your POT.

You misunderstand Aussie, I'm a layer. I win most days. Figures to the end of November show me winning on 1802 of 2547 races worked, of which 34% were won by favourites. This does not include UK/USA races or other sports.
Old 13th December 2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:

You're right, it is complicated. I gave up part way through the tutorial with discounts, limits and taxes, I was completely lost. Why didn't they just model it on BF and give them some decent competition.