Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th April 2011, 06:27 PM

I agree with Dale here.

I use to be able to run 8 different types of ratings at one time & the Pre-post market had the highest SR when using the top 5 selections as a base test , than any ratings available.

Targeting top 5 ,returned -5% LOT using UniTAB prices.

Not bad when considering 5 runners a race was bet.
Delete the correct runner & your now in profit.
Old 25th April 2011, 06:29 PM

Top 6 pre post will win around 84% of all races,

An angle that might be worth pursuing is looking for big open races, leaving out the first 3 pre post favorites and betting the 4th,5th and 6th pre post.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Suspended.

This reminds me. I bought a system back in the 90's with a mate. I am actually still young by the way! That actually I think was called Financial Success System based on the Gold Coast of all places.

It actually just followed on a Sat and Wednesday the pre post favourite Mel, Syd, Bris and stopped at first winner for the day. Target based.

Won every day. Sometimes though the losses mounted as it was a target based. Not sure if anyone remembers this.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:49 AM

Smile

Hi Max,

Well done on your system so far.

Using different prepost markets obviously will throw up different selections - Melbourne Herald Sun gives different selections to Brisbane's Courier Mail hence I would not have backed your selections if I used the Herald Sun form guide.

What you have done is make me look closely at the 3rd, 4th and 5th favourites. At this stage I am only paper testing but results since 1st January 2011 are more than acceptable with some simple elimination rules it is possible to achieve a 50% race success rate and a 50% POT. This is for Saturday and Public Holiday Melbourne Metropolitan meetings betting $10 per race ($4,$3,$3).

Thanks for getting my grey matter working!
Old 27th April 2011, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

No qualifying races for Wednesday 27 April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dale. Interesting you should mention 6th favourite and the 84%. I have been tempted to expand my reading to the 6th favourite and get some stats on that. I may go back, otherwise I will begin that from tomorrow.

The whole idea is to get a few bets daily that return good money with an acceptable strike rate. This is done by using elimination rules which I drew the line at as 3rd at 6/1, 4th at 8/1 and 5th at 10/1.

If anyone else can suggest any other "eliminators", please throw them forth. I would love to refine it even more.

Once we get a great S/R, then I want to apply a staking plan to ready ramp up the returns and avoid any losses. This will be the next phase.

Marko. Do you still have that system? Can you explain it or send it to me. I would love to compare it and check it out.

Hi Try. I understand about the papers. The idea is to find the selections the day or morning before, lodge the bets and forget. The thing is, your selections may not be the same as mine. Does not mean you will not get the same results as you may win on a race I did not bet on or vice versa.

If anyone can suggest a better source for these morning odds, please add it in this thread.
Old 28th April 2011, 02:19 AM

Hi mark,
The chasing of Pre-post fav stopping at a winner is the oldest system around & a number of mobs tout it to this day.

The problem arises if one tries to bet those that are under $3.00 using a progression.

The bets go through the roof even betting to a 1000:1 ratio trying to win $1.00

The up side is that sometimes these PP Favs pay $10.00
Old 29th April 2011, 08:16 AM

A poster in another thread suggested I ignore any Maiden races and 2YO races. In my system to date, I have noted Maiden races but not if they were 2YO races. Luckily none of my selection races to date have been maidens. When I do check the results for Maidens only not using my race selection process, Maidens only returns a good profit. It may be something to watch. I did note however that the 1st Maiden I recorded had the 5th fav come in at $46 which helped with the figures. But one of those regularly could be good.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:04 AM

Sorry for being slack in updating this thread. I am still working on this system. Hoping to identify more ideas for filtering to increase average return and minimise losses.

I have other days to update you all on but have not had much time to throw them all up here but will do soon.

I have tidied up the selection process with strict rules now in that I only want to spend a max of $10 per selected race (with each selection rounded up) for a goal of earning $20 (100% profit). In reality most winning races are returning around $52 per win so there is some good buffer there even though my S/R so far is around 42%.

As for today, I have 1 selection:

2011 05 06 FRI CRWAGGAWAGGA8, numbers 9 for 4 units, 4 for 4 units, and 13 for 3 units

Hope to have Saturdays selections up soon.

I am also tracking more information on the races so I can look at other filters, such things as whether or not they are true Maiden races (i was categorising anything with horses with no starts as "Maiden"), distance, number of runners and race class. I am also tracking 6th favourite from now on as well.

Any other thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to turn this little baby into a long term profitable system, but got a long way to go yet.

Last edited by max : 6th May 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 6th May 2011, 02:49 PM

Race selections for Saturday May 7th:

2011 05 07 SAT QRGOLDCOAST1, numbers 3 for 5 units, 12 for 4 units, and 8 for 3 units
2011 05 07 SAT SRCANTERBURY3, numbers 2 for 4 units, 3 for 4 units, and 1 for 3 units
2011 05 07 SAT SRCANTERBURY7, numbers 5 for 5 units, 9 for 4 units, and 2 for 2 units
2011 05 07 SAT MRFLEMINGTON3, numbers 7 for 5 units, 2 for 4 units, and 5 for 3 units
2011 05 07 SAT MRFLEMINGTON5, numbers 6 for 5 units, 1 for 4 units, and 10 for 3 units
2011 05 07 SAT MRFLEMINGTON6, numbers 13 for 5 units, 6 for 3 units, and 5 for 3 units

Not sure about regional but:
2011 05 07 SAT BRIPSWICH8, numbers 7 for 4 units, 3 for 4 units, and 12 for 3 units

Last edited by max : 6th May 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:58 PM

Wagga did no good today.

Here's hoping for tomorrow to make me proud.