Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th June 2006, 12:06 PM

Interesting there Chuck thought you may have had Makybe a little higher to be honest but it is your list and I can't really argue so far will be interesting to see what happens from here on in.
Old 7th June 2006, 12:18 PM
Banned

achievements speak for themselves, however she really didn't beat all that much, had conditions made to be suited for her in a lot of her last runs, and couldn't do anything overseas like some of those higher up
Old 7th June 2006, 12:27 PM

I can't argue with you mate she definitely didn't beat a great deal last season as has been evidenced since her retirement.
Old 7th June 2006, 02:41 PM

Chuck your an idiot..

she didnt beat much? she SMASHED much.... Every race she was set for she won... towards the end she was if nto getting within a nose she was winning her warm up races, whether be 1400 or 2400
Old 7th June 2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

and much of the above could be said about the horses above her in the rankings. And they didn't have the tracks tailored to the conditions they wanted to, or have a great run nearly every time. You said she SMASHED much - she won her first two melbourne cups and the cox plate by 1 length only - and tell me, who, really did she beat. Rare few that spring to mind are Elvstroem (who wasn't really a 2 mile horse anyway), and maybe Vinnie Roe, who became famous after winning the same race over and over (and its not the best race at that) plus he was at a huge weight disadvantage.

don't get me wrong, i am a huge fan of the diva, however she doesn't deserve a spot that high and in my opinion is lucky to be that high in the first place
Old 7th June 2006, 03:08 PM

Was there really any need for that Bordi seriously it is someones opinion against someone elses opinion and last time i checked everyone is allowed to have one of them.

You may feel the horse is the best you have seen maybe not but just because Chuck feels the horse beat a bunch of nags which I do tend to agree with doesn't mean he is an idiot, I for one have been enjoying reading this each day and really give credit to chuck for even giving it a go.
Old 7th June 2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Instinct
Was there really any need for that Bordi seriously it is someones opinion against someone elses opinion and last time i checked everyone is allowed to have one of them.

You may feel the horse is the best you have seen maybe not but just because Chuck feels the horse beat a bunch of nags which I do tend to agree with doesn't mean he is an idiot, I for one have been enjoying reading this each day and really give credit to chuck for even giving it a go.
Chuck

Good to see some reaction from the gallery.

I'd have to back Chuck and say Makybe will in time perhaps be the MOST FAMOUS of the nags to be listed here, but not the BEST..... Keep it going mate, makes for interesting reading - even if I'm way to young to remember most of these ! (LOL )
Old 7th June 2006, 03:49 PM

he is entitled to his opinion but to spin crap about tailored tracks and conditions is a load of bull****. i go bak to a very wet day at oaks day in 2005 where it ****ed down for much of the day yettttt the track was rated GOOD. now how can u tell me that on a 30 degree melbourne day a little bit of water at 6am is gunna cause a track worse then good? think about it boys. (mind you its racing policy). also think about where this mare sat in the field.. this explains y i say smashed them. to be 13 wide in a cox plate at MOONEY VALLEY, where the straight is of a few hundred metres and to still win by 2 lenghts is quite an achievment. especially when the placings and perhaps 4th 5th 6th all ran on from the inside, it was more then a mighty effort. many of u talk this mare down and it annoys the **** out of me. she was retired at her peak and i would say she could quite have easily made it 4 or 5 melbourne cups, and however many more coxplates, against whatever company..
Old 7th June 2006, 03:58 PM

Bordi

You sound like a disgruntled "silent" partner.....who didn't want to retire

She was good.... deserved to go out on top.

All the best
Old 7th June 2006, 04:09 PM

I'm not getting into the watered track crap again the evidence is there do what you want with it Bordi I am not trying to say that she was bad or anything I am saying the opposition is pathetic to say the least, she did well to achieve what she did but if you can't see that she beat some pretty average horses then you are kidding yourself.