Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th October 2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks, Michael, understood.

Will be interesting to see how things go today --- there are over 80 races!!! I know that there is no way they all will be qualifiers --- and I may get some sort of fatigue syndrome, anyway --- but things seem to be going well so far.

Incidentally, I will try (on paper) using the 4 selections on Unitab (or perhaps you have already done that)?
Old 11th October 2008, 01:47 PM

Wink

Merriguy, I forgot to mention that if a $11 selection is layed then one of Sky's selections must be over $11. So if there are two selections then its possible that the lesser price might end up being the one that is layed.

Ive looked at Unitab using the same method but it failed miserably, so too did the DFS ratings.

The only one that showed promise was the neural BP barrier (can't remember the exact rules) but I had a couple of bad accidents. I remember that the damaging accidents were in fields of 12-plus. I might see if I can find the rules.

I've just had my first "11 runners" accident - Port Mac R5 no.7 (liability $6.60) but am still in profit for the day.
Old 12th October 2008, 07:41 AM

Wink

Merriguy, I did not have the best of days yesterday. I layed 31 selections for 4 accidents including a $10 liability. However, I finished the day with a profit of 1.85 units. Did you give the method a go?

From last Tuesday I've layed 81 selections for 73 successes giving a profit of 32.60 units with a success rate of 90%. Two of the accidents were the race fave - it's surprising that Sky didn't select them.

So far so good...

Last edited by michaelg : 12th October 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12th October 2008, 10:32 AM

Well, I came out ahead --- about the same amount as yourself, just over 2 units.

I only layed in 18 races as I had to go out for a few hours on a 'mercy' mission; but was unsuccessful in three races --- two by a nose!!! One of them was also a favourite not selected by Sky (probably one of yours) which I too found strange.

I was probably not as strict as yourself with a couple of your rules so I doubt we can directly compare results --- but the 'trend' is there I think (hope). I cannot quite get myself away from the taking of the lowest possible horse to lay when there is more than one available. Must be the Scrooge in me --- but, to be honest, I doubt it makes much difference from what I have seen. The savings in liability add up!

Perhaps the advice I mentioned above from that English site is a necessary filter: "Never laybet the favourite".

Thanks for the advice --- and Good Luck.
Old 13th October 2008, 07:59 PM

Wink

Merriguy, I've added another filter to the method - if the selection is the fave then it becomes a no-bet race.

I've now been using the method for exactly one week.

I've layed 110 selection for 100 successes giving a profit of 42.88. This includes accidents of two faves and also an unraced horse. The current rules would have eliminated these three accidents.

So far so good...

Last edited by michaelg : 13th October 2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 20th October 2008, 08:10 PM

Wink

Merriguy, I've added another rule - if the Betfair fave is odds-on then it's a no race. Are you still using the Sky selections to lay?

It is now the second week - it has not been as promising as the first but still profitable. There were 128 selections for 112 successes for a profit of 11.10 units.

As per the method I have now layed 238 selections for 212 successes (89% strike rate) for a profit of 53.98 units.

So far so good.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:13 PM

Hi Michael,

Have been very busy over the last few days --- and have not been able to concentrate on the idea. I struck a very bad patch on Friday, however, and lost about 5/9. Still I am pretty sure that I am still ahead with it even if only a little. Hopefully will be able to concentrate a little better later this week.

Good Luck
Old 20th October 2008, 10:36 PM

Wink

Merriguy, I think the rule that if there are more than one selections then laying the highest liability has paid dividends (pardon the pun) over the past two weeks.

There have been a few instances that laying the lowest liability would have been quite damaging.

But as it has been only over the past two weeks it's too early to say if it has long term benefit.

Friday was my worst day - 3 accidents from 10 selections for a loss of 9.15 units.
Old 27th October 2008, 07:43 PM

Wink

Merriguy, or anyone else, have you been laying the Sky system?

It's now the end of the third week. During this period I have layed 127 selections for 116 successes, a strike rate of 91.33%, for a profit of 35.70 units.

After three weeks I have layed 365 selections for 328 successes, a strike rate of 89.86%, for a profit of 89.68 units. As a matter of interest, the strike rate to date is higher than Maria's.

Because of the strike rate I have been considering a stakings plan - start with 1 unit and when an accident happens it then increases to 3 units until the loss from the accident has been regained. However, if another accident happens before recouping the loss its then increased to 6 units until the loss has been recovered. However, continue at 6 units even if the loss has not been regained even if another accident happens. If I had used this plan then the method would be 216.00 units in profit.

So far so good, and there's a lot of action.

Last edited by michaelg : 27th October 2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 28th October 2008, 10:44 AM

Michaelg,

If you would like me to put your 365 odd lays into the TSM staking software, I can but we need to be able to email each other.

Cheers Wombat2