Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd July 2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Smile

Almost there MO.

I download ratings from a.a.p megaform which,
Identifies the main 4-5 chances in a race using weight ratings.

I then do my own form, statistics, videos, etc,
To re-rate them throw some out completely,
But never bring in horses outside of 5.0 kg of the top rated.

I then set my own prices, and bet accordingly on certain,
Races in certain states on whatever i have left over.

Cheers.
Old 3rd July 2012, 03:57 PM
Banned

Smile

Do your filtered results differ substantially from their original ratings.
I,m very prone to use inracing ratings as a odd on to r+s.
Cheers
Old 3rd July 2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Are they?
I didn't realize that.
In fact , i assumed that they were amongst the major players of the tote pools.
But I have not been to a Racetrack for over 10 years now , so things sure have changed.

Moeee.

I could not let that one go through to the keeper. One thing you have to realise that when I make a post or a reply, it is not necessarily coming from a great deal of knowledge.

However, I could say it is general knowledge, but, because I do not have the necessary quote or report to say that I am correct, I will not.

Let just say I assumed that the day of the big battles between bookie and punter might be close to over. To me, bookies are just glorified accountants.

Maybe you can explain what you mean when you say they are the major players of the tote pools.

To me that means laying off the over bet, so bringing all horses into their expected margin range. Balancing the books was an old term used for this. To me, that does not tell me that they can shape the market, they might just be the middle man, holding on to what they want and getting rid of the balance onto the TAB.

In my opinion, they cannot play the margins because they give Best tote on most if not all races, at least the major players do.

Star

Last edited by Star : 3rd July 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 3rd July 2012, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Moeee.
Maybe you can explain what you mean when you say they are the major players of the tote pools.

I only wager and observe the small greyhound Pools , and there are some remarkable and Huge Wagers that take place in the last seconds before the close of betting.
Monitoring the pools often gives the impression that SOMEONE is getting on after the jump.

If the Bookies aren't doing it , then who?
Old 3rd July 2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I only wager and observe the small greyhound Pools , and there are some remarkable and Huge Wagers that take place in the last seconds before the close of betting.
Monitoring the pools often gives the impression that SOMEONE is getting on after the jump.

Ok. I think I can now see where you may be coming from. ( maybe )

I do not think you can bring greyhound pools into the equation of the bookies being the major players if you accept my view that they are only the middle men.

I understand greyhounds a little bit being involved with them on and off for a long time. I have owned a few , about six and my best was a Group 3 winner and top grade at Albion Park.

I have this feeling that over the last ten years the sport has gone back to its old ways. The punter is gone except for a few stalwarts and some guys who stand on a stand with a satchell around their necks who call themselves bookies.

It is well known that the money goes on in the last few minutes. The pools are so small that if the owner, trainer and connections want a bet they cannot get set with the majority of bookies, they have to go tote.

They cannot afford to give too much of a leg up to the public hence the money goes on as late as possible,

I have said also that in quite a few cases the price at the jump is not the same at the finish. But this is another story that deviates a little from the original point that bookies are major tote players.

Star
Old 5th July 2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Barny Read up on William Benter.

Identified around 140 variables that could affect a race result. 24% POT at around a net value of $50 Million.

when wesmip talked about filters he would often identify 2 sets of ratings, the use of a wide barrier and Days last start. The ratings were very unique but in the background many other variables gave him this total.

If your trying to find winners for every race that goes around, you do indeed, need to account for over 140 variables, but as Wesmip stated identfying a couple of variables, when combined produces a super variable but this will only let you win on a certain subset of races. This is akin to a broken down handicapping system

To help us find all the winners, groups like Benter turned their attention to geo-science and two theory's namely Inverse Theory and Forward Theory for the answers
Old 5th July 2012, 08:44 PM
Vortech

I've found myself with so much data and not knowning what to do with it all.

Is there any good sources of reading material around the two theories?
Old 5th July 2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Hi moeee
The 'who?' is a group of very successful punters who manipulate certain pools to profit. It's not the large wagers that go on at the jump that are critical, but more so the large wagers that go on the losers much earlier to inflate the prices of the dogs that will actually win. Very selective and ridiculously, lavishly & insanely profitable!
Old 5th July 2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rails run
Hi moeee
The 'who?' is a group of very successful punters who manipulate certain pools to profit. It's not the large wagers that go on at the jump that are critical, but more so the large wagers that go on the losers much earlier to inflate the prices of the dogs that will actually win. Very selective and ridiculously, lavishly & insanely profitable!
Rails, I do not think that you and 'Moeee" are on the same tram in your explanation to him.

The question he asked in my opinion is of a more general nature unless I have misread him. it is a fact in Greyhounds, no matter what track or even class of race that the "informed money" goes on late. A lot is put through the Corporates who off load on to the Tabs at the last minute to balance their books.

That is a whole lot different to what you are saying about the very successful punters who attempt to manipulate the pools to their advantage. The last time they were able to do that was the sting at Gold Coast's Parkland when the dog, Lucy's Light who was a certainty and was well into the red just before the boxes opened.

Because of the small tote holds approx $5 to $10 thousand, four of the main chances had $5 thousand placed on each of them just before they jumped. causing Lucy's Light to blow out to about $4. The bitch won comfortably. The trainer Elaine Williamson was not even in on the sting.

But a bookie in Adelaide coped the brunt losing over $600,000 because he bet ' Best Tote " This bookie who's nickname was Curly was a bit upset. The brains behind the sting was alleged to be the owner of a few high class men's Clubs where the girls were reported to entertain a few high profile Nrl current and ex players.

But, the loop holes were closed fairly quickly so now the best you can get is middle tote which is a lot harder to manipulate.

Maybe, you are aware how they are able to manipulate the pools, because I cannot.

Last edited by Star : 5th July 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 5th July 2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Rails, I do not think that you and 'Moeee" are on the same tram in your explanation to him.

The question he asked in my opinion is of a more general nature unless I have misread him. it is a fact in Greyhounds, no matter what track or even class of race that the "informed money" goes on late. A lot is put through the Corporates who off load on to the Tabs at the last minute to balance their books.

That is a whole lot different to what you are saying about the very successful punters who attempt to manipulate the pools to their advantage. The last time they were able to do that was the sting at Gold Coast's Parkland when the dog, Lucy's Light who was a certainty and was well into the red just before the boxes opened.

Because of the small tote holds approx $5 to $10 thousand, four of the main chances had $5 thousand placed on each of them just before they jumped. causing Lucy's Light to blow out to about $4. The bitch won comfortably. The trainer Elaine Williamson was not even in on the sting.

But a bookie in Adelaide coped the brunt losing over $600,000 because he bet ' Best Tote " This bookie who's nickname was Curly was a bit upset. The brains behind the sting was alleged to be the owner of a few high class men's Clubs where the girls were reported to entertain a few high profile Nrl current and ex players.

But, the loop holes were closed fairly quickly so now the best you can get is middle tote which is a lot harder to manipulate.

Maybe, you are aware how they are able to manipulate the pools, because I cannot.

Hi Star. The answer is Quinellas.
I hope I haven't stuck my nose in. I think moeee or Bhagwan once mentioned the dog prices change after the jump because it takes the tote up to a minute to calibrate, whereas most dog races are over in half that time. Cheers.