Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd November 2007, 05:52 PM

Thumbs down

Correct me if I am wrong......!
Do not the Articles Of Racing contend that every runner is presented in a condition which is condusive to performing at it's optimum level?
Therefore, how could some of today's results survive incisive scrutiny by the appropriate officials?
It is a time of year when "punt-hungry mug-punters" are attracted to the glamour of the Spring Carnival. However, I ask you ...at what cost to the long-term viability of the horse-racing industry?
It seems to me it has a bit of the "Nero Syndrome" -"let it burn".. while the longterm effects are neglected by panicked officials.
Therefore, please explain how some of the results today were not scrutinized thoroughly.
I, personally am very disappointed/disillusioned with how racing is currently being handled.
Any other disgruntled punters out there?

Cheers.
Old 6th November 2007, 03:44 PM

No complaints.. because I've definitely "cleaned-up" but I must mention that Lloyd was interviewed on Racing Radio this morning and duly nominated his best chance as being:
MR7 9 Zipping
that's racing..........,

Cheers.
Old 10th November 2007, 03:07 PM

Thumbs down

MR6,

what a disgrace.....by some of our so-called top jockeys!
With the massive media coverage the cynical amongst us would ponder what a "feelgood" conclusion to the carnival would be worth for it's newsworthiness alone...to the uninitiated public!
For the rest of us, who, by the way, keep this industry ticking over, even through the tough times.....well.....rip up your formguides!

Last edited by xanadu : 10th November 2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10th November 2007, 03:57 PM

Thumbs down

Surprise....surprise...!
MR7:
No.6 $46.8w$10.3plNSW...the first two legs of the quaddie have been won by "despised" long-shots!
On that basis a smart punter would expect the last two legs to be won by reasonably well-supported starters!
We'll see what unfolds!
4:15p.m.EDT-I just watched the overhead shot of the race and am more "p....._off!"
Any form student would notice that the top fancies "went hard" leaving a perfect opportunity for the "sitters" and the "swoopers" to come home in the final 200m. You make your own mind up!

Last edited by xanadu : 10th November 2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10th November 2007, 06:44 PM

QUOTE (konagold1 @ Nov 9 2007, 11:36 PM)
flemington 7th- w- #6 hidden strings
.......................w- #7 translate
.......................w- #8 red for lou

theres just a-bombs going off at flemington.

two 80/1 shots came in one two in the big stakes race.

#6 hidden strings- $59.40 $37.70 $24.50

this is linked from another forum.yes im konagold1 because konagold was one of the best dirt sprinters in breeders cup history.dude it wasnt to hard to figure out #6 hidden strings. you can tell on paper he needed added distance,the moonee valley race was a great prep and when horse stretchs out they move forward during a race so it was no surprise he was forwardly placed and stole it.

you will never be able to comprehend stuff like this if you just bet on m.rodd,greg childs,dt orbien,j oshea and the chalk posted in your smart punting thread. tell you the truth ive never seen punters bet races like you do.

get away from your usual stuff and seriously get into the form and find the prices. seriously smart punters dont bet every mount a jockey has for that day. if they win every race in a day it is once in a blue moon.

not trying to be an asz just want to see you expand your mind from the usual and show us what a real smart punter can do.

peace!

oh yeah theres no conspiracy going on. sometimes physics works against ya and its a bitch.

Last edited by pharfromoz : 10th November 2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:04 PM

Talking

Ah pharfromoz/konagold,

When you speak of expanding one's mind then surely you should look in the mirror...old son!
I am a form student of some years who has instigated some very successful threads and continue these because they are proven money-spinners and other forumites may benefit so my motives are benevolent. For example, did you win over the carnival? I certainly did and I expect to continue winning into the future as iI have been for a number of years now.
If you believe these are the only wagers I have on any particular day then, sorry, but I believe you may be in "Lalaland."
Your comments suggest that you indeed live in this "wonderland of milk and honey" where all is well and if that is the scope of your view of the racingscene then good luck because you sure need it!
I was going to make a reference to the character in "Rainman" but I wouldn't be that cruel!
So, have a good day old son!

Cheers.

Last edited by xanadu : 14th November 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:32 PM

Talking

pharfromoz/konagold,

Oh dear....!
You are wrong with your misguided assertions and do I detect the presence of "the green-eyed monster" in your personality traits?
I have always attempted to alert other forumites before race-start time and it has only been software problems if this has not always occurred.
It is about lunch-time so could I suggest a Bex, a cup of tea and a good lie down for yourself as you are displaying all the signs of fatigue.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:56 PM

Talking

MR4,
4* WON $5.0w $1.6plNSW
7 $2.5plNSW
8* $1.2plNSW
two stable-mates, the longer priced one winning and the more favoured runner only extricating itself in the last 50m and "flashing" home to run third.
Hmmmm...anyone have any concerns with this race?
Notwithstanding that I still returned a respectable 14.29%POT so not bad....even though I did not post details of my wager on No.8 Stashalot.

Cheers.

Last edited by xanadu : 14th November 2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 14th November 2007, 02:07 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

this is starting to look like something thats been going on between two members on "121 sports".
Old 14th November 2007, 02:22 PM

Talking

Dancing Sun,

Yeah, you're right but I am unfamiliar with that program so could you provide some basic details?
I took my "handle" of "xanadu" from the Mayan/Inca civilizations and they ruled for a couple of thousand years didn't they ...so, there is no doubt about me "going the distance."
I wonder if the same can be said for the "new boy?"

Cheers.