Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th January 2005, 08:46 AM

Talking

Hi Bahgwan,
Yesterday playing on paper for all its worth i DID increase the loosing ones by 50%, the forgetting of the first and second favs (or as far as i could tell on the TAB at the time) produced 13 races, 8 returns, outlay 900 units, return was 1187 units, i guess that works out at 32% POT ?.
Every 50 unit bet that loss was increased to 100 then that won, not too bad, BUT THATS ON PAPER !!. It will be interesting to see what Puntzs' remote control, reclyning, coffee making, all singing and dancing whiz bang computer scanner (i want one though) comes up with on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers and Good luck.
Dingo
Old 8th January 2005, 09:46 AM
puntz

Talking

Dingo,
you can make them ya self.
All ya need is to get a old game' smthing or rather computer game set at a garage sale ( the lable is scratched, so is the serial number, and make sure buttons work)and a house alarm with dial up.The type that, "rings the security crowd and they ring you" type). ( remeber to change the the number, so it rings YOU and not THEM)
You convert the dial up chipset in the house alarm so it fits the cable in the usb port. Then you cable the game-set so it fits in the coverted house alarm.
Then from the usb port, you make your spreadsheet connect,somehow.
The dial-up in the house alarm actualy rings the TAB. You pre-record messages,(so they think it's you) and let's say, it's MR01 10 units on 3
You record all the bits and pieces of information, file it alphabeticaly and numericaly, the spreadhseet does the rest)
From there, the imagination is limitless.You can tell it to do almost anything!

I do have sounds though, one is cash register sound. But it has a glitch.
The glitch is, when it results, the cash register sounds, but it sounds on both won and loss races, and I only want to to sound on the win races, ya know ?, like, do I HAVE to keep checking all the time??
geez, when will these programmers ever get it right !!??
Oh yeah, and ya realy do need a programmer to do the yuk stuff with the usb port thingy, can't help ya there though, sorry about that.

Last edited by puntz : 8th January 2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 8th January 2005, 10:13 AM

Hi Dingoboy,
That was an impressive result.
Did you run with the 1st idea or the 2nd idea (odds of top 2 being less than 3rd selection)
Old 8th January 2005, 11:00 AM
puntz

BTW,
to keep the focus, balance at this stage is not that important.
What is important in my opinion is strike rate,win/loss streak.
Old 9th January 2005, 11:20 AM

Default Need more info

To create a successful staking plan, you need to know what you will be dutching....
If you are working on a 50% win strike rate you could increase by about 120% and decrease by about 80%. You need to accurately determine your strike rate though, I don't think you can pick your own horses. I think you would have to dutch the first 3 favourites or anything under $10 or something similar.

Without knowing a reasonably accurate and consistant strike rate, you cannot create a staking plan for it.... If you were to dutch the 3 longest horses in each race and use the figures I quoted, by the time you had a winner the bet would be so high that you would back the horses right in anyway.

Oh, and you must use fixed odds......
Old 9th January 2005, 04:29 PM
puntz

Bahgwan,

After much consideration and advice, I have to ask you first, do you want your parameter findings posted, or sent privately by email first ?
What you do from there is up to you.
Old 10th January 2005, 01:37 AM

Hi Punz,
Feel free to post your findings .
Thanks for that.
Old 10th January 2005, 09:21 AM
puntz

Look at the spreadsheet. I have copied and pasted the races it selected,the cost,total units on that hedged bet,if it won, what it paid and units on the winning horse.
What else is there to show ? They are simply the parameters posted.
The Spreadsheet is called 2-4 cos 2 Favs out,next 4 in.

3 days is not enough to give this test any justice.
But, it can be done so I'll let this setting run on it's own and when time permits....

These settings are extremely tight, 13 races in all since Friday were suited.

You will see where it did a chase, these chase figurse are high because you have chosen to hedge 4.
My math on the 7500 is based on 3

I'll explain later on the NZ race and the 120.
I don't have time to do technical corrections.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2-4.xls (22.5 KB, 461 views)

Last edited by puntz : 10th January 2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10th January 2005, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Hi Dingoboy,
That was an impressive result.
Did you run with the 1st idea or the 2nd idea (odds of top 2 being less than 3rd selection)

Hi Bahgwan,

My "method" was this.
I watched the fav win at that venue, then set the next race for the bet.
I deleted the fav if it was short (less than 4) at 5 mins prior and took the next four runners most of which run around at between 6.5-7-10s, when that won i did the same in the next two races from another venue, when a favourite wins, thats when i look at the next race.
I cant "back test" this for example get to work this morning and go through the TAb results as they dont show 5 mins prior to jump nor what was the "real fav", so its a pretty much live test for this black duck.

It works,....but i dont think i have the bank nor the bal_s for playing with it for real.

Puntzs' figures look interesting !

Cheers Dingo
Old 10th January 2005, 10:42 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntz
Dingo,
you can make them ya self.
All ya need is to get a old game' smthing or rather computer game set at a garage sale ( the lable is scratched, so is the serial number, and make sure buttons work)and a house alarm with dial up.The type that, "rings the security crowd and they ring you" type). ( remeber to change the the number, so it rings YOU and not THEM)
You convert the dial up chipset in the house alarm so it fits the cable in the usb port. Then you cable the game-set so it fits in the coverted house alarm.
Then from the usb port, you make your spreadsheet connect,somehow.
The dial-up in the house alarm actualy rings the TAB. You pre-record messages,(so they think it's you) and let's say, it's MR01 10 units on 3
You record all the bits and pieces of information, file it alphabeticaly and numericaly, the spreadhseet does the rest)
From there, the imagination is limitless.You can tell it to do almost anything!

I do have sounds though, one is cash register sound. But it has a glitch.
The glitch is, when it results, the cash register sounds, but it sounds on both won and loss races, and I only want to to sound on the win races, ya know ?, like, do I HAVE to keep checking all the time??
geez, when will these programmers ever get it right !!??
Oh yeah, and ya realy do need a programmer to do the yuk stuff with the usb port thingy, can't help ya there though, sorry about that.

Love your work Puntz, love it!
Dingo