Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd April 2005, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi
Congratulations to Goldcoaster and xpt first and third in sundays daily challange.You guys sure know how to pick 'em.I hope you did well on the tote as well.Both of you finished with a plus POT also .This is a challange when you need to pick a horse in every race.

Did you know if you go to players' selections you can display your picks?

I only got 4 winners today but finished -1% POT on win and 0% place, so as Chuck says it quality selections ultimately that build up the POT and keep you in front at the Tote.

Chas

Gday kiwi,

thanks for that... had a pretty nice day today.. I don't know that i could survive on backing just the one horse tho... we had some nice winners around the place today that weren't my "on top" raters.. I use the on top horses in the daily challenge, as they produce a few winners.. and score points.. I was happy with Orange Cup winner tho... upwards of 12 bucks is always nice..

POT is important, but the thing about the challenge is the POT is calculated at flat staking... ( I don't wanna start a flat V progressive staking argument here).. Personally I don't bet that way.. I am a bit of a chaser when need be, and for me, thats why the number of winners is important.. But chasing isn't for everyone and can at times get a bit ************ scary... I always draw a line at the end of each day tho.. start afresh tomorrow.. and it works pretty nicely for me .. each to their own I reckon...

I always display my picks because they are on display here (being the forum) on most days, so there is little point in me "hiding" them... I like to try and steer as many as possible into a winner or two if I can.. for me thats the name of the game

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 3rd April 2005, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptdriver
I don't know that i could survive on backing just the one horse tho... we had some nice winners around the place today that weren't my "on top" raters.. I use the on top horses in the daily challenge, as they produce a few winners.. and score points.. I was happy with Orange Cup winner tho... upwards of 12 bucks is always nice..

This is where I'm going to have problems in this comp and I don't really expect to do all that well. I NEVER back just one horse per race. Always 2 and sometimes 3 and even 4. Whatever it takes to finish in front. I too had that Orange Cup winner today (amazed at the price), but I only had it rated 2nd. I didn't go in the Daily Challenge today, but if I had, I would have picked Juerga instead which finished 2nd. On Saturday, so many of my 2nd selections won it wasn't funny. Proved frustrating in the comp, but I still managed to do okay with real money because I was betting 2 or 3 runners per race.
Old 4th April 2005, 05:44 PM

Thumbs up

Another difficult points scoring day on the DC.
However from a strike rate of only 21% I still managed a win POT of 6% again proving it is the value of the winners not the quantity that keeps you in the black.
There was a high % of favourites winning and the other standout was the number of TABonline 100 raters that won.
Old 4th April 2005, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi
the other standout was the number of TABonline 100 raters that won.

Yeah. Nice.
Old 5th April 2005, 08:43 PM

Thumbs up

Successful day in the Daily Challange for me tuesday, 28% SR 2nd place and a win POT of 103%..

Would have had the $36 winner of the last at Mackay also.No 17 was my original selection and No 15 my next choice but worked a double shift and couldn't get the scratchings.Number i7 was a PPM with a replacement jockey.

P.S XPT, did not bet today because of work, but when i do i use the Retirement Staking Plan, which is target betting, with moderate success.

Last edited by kiwi : 5th April 2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 9th April 2005, 11:56 AM

Has everybody got their tips in for today's challenge???
Old 9th April 2005, 12:06 PM

Yes Mummy

And remember a profit a day keeps the Girlfriend/Wife away.
Old 9th April 2005, 12:11 PM

Good boy.
Old 9th April 2005, 12:22 PM

I'm off to another SHOCKING start.
Old 9th April 2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
I'm off to another SHOCKING start.

Gday Sportz,

Yeah I know what ya mean.. I wish they had included NZ racing

xptdriver@hotmail.com