Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th July 2004, 07:30 PM
Suspended

Only one thing they need.
Sack the coach.
He even admitted he stuffed up.
I watched almost the whole game and didn't see Milne until the last minutes of the 3rd when he kicked a goal.
Couldn't find a better place to put him than the bench.
And a big man like Gehrig can't make his prescence felt in the back line?
Like they say.You don't win 10 in a row by fluke.
Grant Thomas needs to stop pretending his name is Sheedy and get back to the winning format.
Hopefully young Maguire is back next week.Sorely missed.

Old 5th July 2004, 07:40 PM
Member.

Moeee,

I can understand why you're a bit confused.

I follow the system strictly and bet on EVERY single selection no matter what. It doesn't matter what my ratings say and it doesn't matter if I personally think the home team is going to get thrashed, I still back them. I may have a smaller bet, but I will still back them.

On the other hand, the ratings that I do each week are ONLY a guide and I do not go by them strictly. Sometimes my own gut feeling doesn't actually agree with the numbers that my ratings spit out. As an example, my ratings suggested Brisbane would slaughter Richmond, but my own gut feeling was actually that the margin would be more like 30 points. As a result, I left the game alone. There are at the most 2 or 3 games each week where I am totally confident that my ratings are close to the mark and those are the games I look at to bet on.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-05 19:44 ]
Old 5th July 2004, 07:42 PM
Banned

Port would have beaten any side on the weekend, when there in that mood they are probably the most exciting team to watch. was maguire injured or what, i can only see the team on the afl site, not any changes as they didnt show the footy show because of the tennis.
Old 5th July 2004, 07:46 PM
Suspended

And which 2 or 3 were they last week?
Old 5th July 2004, 08:51 PM
Member.

Well, on the weekend, apart from my two system bets there were actually NO matches that I was confident enough about AND that I thought I could get value in. All of the other matches appeared to be too close to call or there was simply not enough value to grab me. I was thinking about having a Friday night AFL/NRL double with Essendon and the Melbourne Storm, but I had second thoughts. Glad I did.
Old 6th July 2004, 09:22 AM

In my opinion this round confirmed to me that there is currently only 1 genuine premiership chance – the Brisbane Lions.

Have been in cruise mode for a while now (a tipping margin nightmare!), poised & ready to step up a gear or 2 when the championship rounds commence.

Old 6th July 2004, 10:24 AM
Suspended

From the bits and pieces I saw on Saturday night,the lions were just awe-inspiring.
Where can I get the $2.10 for the premiership.
Sorry Paddy,but I think there is some logic missing from your logic.
Old 6th July 2004, 01:33 PM
Banned

Sportz, the only problem is they can't keep winning at that rate.
Old 6th July 2004, 02:34 PM
horse9

Sportznut

Would you be kind enough to publish your homedog system again?
Old 6th July 2004, 03:29 PM
Member.

Okay, but be careful. As Mr J said, it's doubtful that it will keep going so well.

Anyway, it's really very simple. You simply back any home team which is given a points start and has a genuine home ground advantage. Here's an example. Let's say the West Coast is playing Brisbane in Perth and West Coast receives 8.5 points start. They are the selection. Simple as that.

Important things to remember: In the AFL, I don't bet when two Melbourne teams play each other and of course I don't bet on the Adelaide and Perth local derbies. In the NRL, I don't bet when two Sydney teams meet. And in Super12 Rugby, I don't bet in matches between two S.African teams or two NZ teams. Also, I won't bet when teams play at a neutral venue or when teams give away their home ground advantage to the opposition, like Melbourne playing their home game against the Lions at the Gabba. I hope you understand all that.

I use TAB Sportsbet for the lines and sometimes if a match is pretty even, they won't have line betting at all or they might put up the odds late in the week, sometimes even on game day, so you have to look out for that. Anyway, you can use any bookie you want, but I've found TAB Sportsbet reliable when using this system.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-06 15:31 ]