Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th September 2004, 10:25 AM
Member.

Remind us all again just how many Grand Slam tournaments Tim has won. :smile:

Seriously, Federer was my tip all along at the US Open and although I expected Hewitt to give him a closer match, I never really thought he would beat him. Hewitt played brilliantly all the way through to get there, but he just doesn't seem to be able to match it with Federer these days. There's no big disgrace in that though because Federer's just playing unbelievably well at the moment.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-09-13 11:27 ]
Old 13th September 2004, 11:27 AM
Former Member

Yeah, we all know how talented the Pomms are at sport. How did they go at the Olympics again Morrisey?
Then theres your cricket team. Were you even born the last time they won the ashes?
Oh sorry soccers your #1 sport, it's about our 10th most popular and we even towelled you at that!!!
Old 13th September 2004, 11:33 AM
Member.

I don't think I'd be crowing too much about the Cricket Mug Punta. England are improving very fast and I personally think the Ashes will be a real struggle next year.
Old 13th September 2004, 03:36 PM
Former Member

You have got to be kidding Sportz. Why? Because they played well against the West Indies.They are the worst team in world cricket.
They will get smashed again.
Old 13th September 2004, 04:07 PM
Banned

At the moment i cant see them winning anything, EVEN darts, but i agree in a couple of years they might have their turn, the australian team will lose a few players and have to rebuild again
Old 13th September 2004, 05:28 PM
Member.

I am not kidding. In the past, Australia has had such a huge psychological edge over the English team, the games were almost over before they started. But Michael Vaughan isn't intimidated by Australia in any way and I'm sure under his captaincy England will be much stronger. Their form at the moment is basically just as good as ours and they have improved in many areas of their game. Australia may still come out on top, but they can't just expect an easy time like they have in some previous series.
Old 13th September 2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

cricket is my favourite sport - and i have to say that the pomms have NO chance of winning the next ashes...i mean who is going to do it for them??? They've got the most overrated player in the world Stephen Harmison, who, might i remind you bowled SEVEN test wides in an over last season. Michael Vaughn is in a complete form slump. Giles + Trescothic + Thorpe are all reaching the end of their tether. And when you compare most of their players to the likes of: Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Martyn, Gilchrist, Warne, Gillespie, McGrath - you can't really think anything other than that the aussies wil thrash them...
GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!
Old 13th September 2004, 05:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-09-13 10:19, morrissey wrote:
oh its so good to see federer beat hewitt so convincingly.. and you know what else... nah its just too good to see an aussie get humiliated... :smile: and i am english too, there have been calls to get henman in to at least give roger a game... or wina few in each set at least

Would you mind not coming to this forum and hanging ******** on the Aussies please.
We don't need your help.
Old 13th September 2004, 06:02 PM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-09-13 17:41, Chuck_3000 wrote:
They've got the most overrated player in the world Stephen Harmison, who, might i remind you bowled SEVEN test wides in an over last season.

Geeez, he's made a monumental improvement since then and taken an absolute stack of wickets. I take it you don't think much of those world rankings that have him as the number one bowler in the world?
Old 13th September 2004, 06:17 PM
Banned

Well said moeee,didnt see no pomms in the final, maybe their over the moon that he made his 2nd grand slam semi, so i suppose THAT is a success for them, they might even win wimbledon in 2050