Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th November 2007, 10:20 AM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Thumbs up

Xanadu is from Newcastle, so enough said, what a legend, i have been following Xanadu for quite a while now and made some very nice profits. I think its great to have difference of opinions, but a little respect will go along way!
Old 15th November 2007, 03:45 PM
Suspended.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm-f
I dont see what the big deal is i was just telling him to put all his tips in one place so they can easily be followed

Xanadu is entitled to put his tips anywhere he likes on this forum, just like anyone else. None of us here do 'tipping service' to order. If anyone would like it that way, write your directions onto $50 notes and send them in to the relevant member C/O- this forum.

Last edited by crash : 15th November 2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:29 PM

Please note Forum Terms of Use do not permit "Personal abuse or unpleasantness."
Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 17th November 2007, 12:39 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you fellow forumites and your point has been noted Moderator,
We'll now get on with the real task at hand...hopefully backing winners.

Cheers.
Old 22nd November 2007, 03:19 PM

Thumbs down

CanberraR2,
The favourite was backed late and was given no chance in the run.
It finished on to run 4th, yet the "jockey" gets his riding fee and the punters get "squat!!!"
It was a "barry" of a ride yet he goes home with cash in his pocket and the punters.......?
Make your own mind up.

Cheers.
Old 22nd November 2007, 05:57 PM
Suspended.

Smile

It's only my opinion [and what a jockie I once knew told me and which of course I can't verify] and not an accusation, "country jockies don't make their money from riding fees and city jockies often don't either"!

Have a look at some of the jocky rides around the state. Hundreds of Ks. for often 1 or 2 rides. $65 a ride? Ms J D Rose, 2 rides at Mornington today, one at $22w. Yeah, right! I see it so often it makes me ill.
Old 24th November 2007, 03:06 PM

Question

Just an observation....today in two separate races in Melbourne the well-fancied runner "played-up" at the barrier and missed the start thereby effectively negating any chance of winning.
To any impartial observer...how is it that the number of runners which do this are disproportionately represented by the favourite or well-fancied runner?
Hmmmm....something for we punters to muse over.
By the same token it is my belief that some horses have "gone over the top" after a gruelling Spring campaign and the trainer may "take them to the well" just once too many times.
That is only a human trait whereby the trainer attempts to get another win out of one of his/her charges before the horses go for their spell.
However, it leaves a somewhat sour taste in the "poor suffering betting public's mouths" as they feel they may have been duped.
Surely the publication of blood counts would allow the public to make up their own minds.

Cheers.
Old 24th November 2007, 04:13 PM
Suspended.

Spells used to be 3 mths. Now they are more likely to 4 to 6wks. Blame the cost of owning a horse. Young horses are flogged to death while they are still maturing to get early $ returns to the detriment of the horse's future.
Old 24th November 2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah, I agree crash....but I can't see things changing in the foreseeable future. Put ourselves in the position of an owner of a horse that cost $100k's(we wish!), we would want an early return on our investment and hopefully the horse's value may have increased proportionately-that's just human nature.
However, we continually see the overseas raiders coming here and scooping the pool in our middle to long distance races because they have put their youngsters out until they are a late 3YO or in some cases a 4YO.
Yes, there is a high attrition rate due to the pressure placed on young horses but as they say...that is racing...no-one ever said it was an easy game.

Cheers.
Old 29th November 2007, 02:54 PM

Thumbs down

MR4,
how could some of our top hoops allow the tearaway leader to get out to such an immense lead.....hmmm...you work it out.

Cheers.