Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th January 2006, 10:26 AM

Default ATP 9th January - Auckland

Stanislas Wawrinka over Tomas Zib - $1.581

Source: Pinnacle Sports
Stake: 0.5 Units

$1.60 is available at TAB NSW but I don't have an account with them

Tomas Zib has lost his last eight ATP Tour matches, with six of them being played on hardcourt. He hasn't won an ATP singles match since August 2005 and I can't see him breaking that streak today. Wawrinka is an up and coming player and at 20 years old is on the improve. In '05 Wawrinka posted the majority of his results on clay, however when he did venture onto hardcourt he showed some positive signs. With wins over Ferrero, Puerta, Serra and Grosjean all coming on hardcourt I'm surprised that he doesn't play more tennis on hard. Coming off a tough three set loss to Tommy Haas (7-5 in the third), Wawrinka should prove too much for the old Czech, who should post his ninth straight ATP tour loss before the days end.

Good luck and happy punting
Betsy
Old 9th January 2006, 11:27 AM

Ferrero over Gucionne @ 1.31 (argh its 1.34 now) 1 unit

Should have started but its raining i hear. Hoping the superior player wins here and isn't too rusty. Might take 3 sets but i think Ferrero will pull through.

Good luck everyone.
Old 9th January 2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Stanislas Wawrinka over Tomas Zib - $1.581

$1.60 is available at TAB NSW but I don't have an account with them

Tomas Zib has lost his last eight ATP Tour matches, with six of them being played on hardcourt. He hasn't won an ATP singles match since August 2005 and I can't see him breaking that streak today. Wawrinka is an up and coming player and at 20 years old is on the improve. In '05 Wawrinka posted the majority of his results on clay, however when he did venture onto hardcourt he showed some positive signs. With wins over Ferrero, Puerta, Serra and Grosjean all coming on hardcourt I'm surprised that he doesn't play more tennis on hard. Coming off a tough three set loss to Tommy Haas (7-5 in the third), Wawrinka should prove too much for the old Czech, who should post his ninth straight ATP tour loss before the days end.

Good luck and happy punting
Betsy
Wawrinka wins 6-3 6-4

No more bets today

ATP Tour '06 Record

Week One: 10-4, +2.68 Units (ROI 15.4%)
Week Two: 2-0, +0.61 Units (ROI 61%)

YTD: 12-4, +3.28 Units (ROI 18%)

*Ljubicic's win was counted in week 2
Old 9th January 2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoe66
Ferrero over Gucionne @ 1.31 (argh its 1.34 now) 1 unit

Should have started but its raining i hear. Hoping the superior player wins here and isn't too rusty. Might take 3 sets but i think Ferrero will pull through.

Good luck everyone.

Gucionne won in 3. Ferrero must have been rusty.

Well done on Wawrinka, a much better bet!
Old 10th January 2006, 10:57 AM

Acasuso over C Rochus @ 1.78

Discussed in the other thread, Acasuso should have too much power and shot making ability for C Rochus to trouble him.

Ferrer is into 1.3 so not gonna bother unless someone excepts my 1.38 but i doubt that will happen.

Edit: just got Moodie over Minar @ 1.64

Really only the good odds that took me here. Betsy's advice is more then often very good and I like Moodie to beat a player who has more then his fair share of first round loses.

Good luck guys hope to wake up to some good results!

Last edited by bobjoe66 : 10th January 2006 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Add a bet
Old 10th January 2006, 11:44 AM

Lightbulb ATP Tour 10th January - Auckland R1

Wesley Moodie over Ivo Minar @ $1.602

Wesley Moodie really finished well last year on hardcourt. The big serving South African won his first ATP singles title in October, where he beat the likes of Ancic, Nieminen, Youzhny and Stepanek, who are all quality players on hardcourt. We can let him off the hook for his loss to Bjorkman in his last hardcourt match for '05 as this was one day after his breakthrough win in Japan. Since the Us Open Moodie is 8-3 on hard and has been making huge inroads on consolidating a place in the top 25.

Moodie comes up against a challenger level player in Ivo Minar. Minar, although playing out of his skin in Australia last year, finished off the year playing challengers. Since the US Open Minar has posted one win on hardcourt out of seven matches. As it is early in the season, I'd normally steer clear of a match where one player has played some Qualifiers to get into the main draw, as this extra match practise is very helpful. However, Minar struggled against third rate players while attempting to qualify and these results have only confirmed my thoughts on Minar's lackluster form.

My only concern was Moodie's shoulder problems, as he called for the trainer against Monfils where he lost 76 64. This may be the only reason Moodie is ~$1.60, otherwise I don't know why these odds are so generous.

Good luck lads
Old 10th January 2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Wesley Moodie over Ivo Minar @ $1.602

Wesley Moodie really finished well last year on hardcourt. The big serving South African won his first ATP singles title in October, where he beat the likes of Ancic, Nieminen, Youzhny and Stepanek, who are all quality players on hardcourt. We can let him off the hook for his loss to Bjorkman in his last hardcourt match for '05 as this was one day after his breakthrough win in Japan. Since the Us Open Moodie is 8-3 on hard and has been making huge inroads on consolidating a place in the top 25.

Moodie comes up against a challenger level player in Ivo Minar. Minar, although playing out of his skin in Australia last year, finished off the year playing challengers. Since the US Open Minar has posted one win on hardcourt out of seven matches. As it is early in the season, I'd normally steer clear of a match where one player has played some Qualifiers to get into the main draw, as this extra match practise is very helpful. However, Minar struggled against third rate players while attempting to qualify and these results have only confirmed my thoughts on Minar's lackluster form.

My only concern was Moodie's shoulder problems, as he called for the trainer against Monfils where he lost 76 64. This may be the only reason Moodie is ~$1.60, otherwise I don't know why these odds are so generous.

Good luck lads

Moodie retires at 2-1 in the first.

Bet is refunded
Old 10th January 2006, 11:18 PM

Lightbulb YTD: 12-4, +3.28 Units

Week Two: 2-0, +0.61 Units (ROI 61%)

James Blake over Carlos Moya @ $1.74

After a dissapointing start to the new year, James Blake comes up against the old Spaniard, Carlos Moya. Since August '05 Blake has accumulated a 22-4 win/loss record on hardcourt, beating the likes of Nadal, Berdych, Stepanek and Robredo. In contrast, other than his win in Chennai early last year, Moya had a lackluster year away from clay. He went 0-7 against players inside the top 25 last year on hardcourt and lost in the first round at this same tournament.

Both players faced capable first round opponents on their way to the 2nd round however I believe Blake had the tougher opponent of the two. Moya struggled to beat an out of form Grosjean, needing three sets to beat the Frenchman, whereas Blake outgunned Sanguinetti in two sets on Monday night. Blake should come into this matchup refreshed, after having Tuesday off. Conversely, Moya played until roughly 6.00pm local time today and now must get himself up for tomorrow mornings match (just flying in from India doesn't help either). Overall I see Blake getting this one in two sets, however, with the Australian Open being less than a week away we can never be sure of a players motivation, therefore I'm only going small on this matchup.

Good luck all
Betsy
Old 11th January 2006, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoe66
Acasuso over C Rochus @ 1.78

Discussed in the other thread, Acasuso should have too much power and shot making ability for C Rochus to trouble him.

Ferrer is into 1.3 so not gonna bother unless someone excepts my 1.38 but i doubt that will happen.

Edit: just got Moodie over Minar @ 1.64

Really only the good odds that took me here. Betsy's advice is more then often very good and I like Moodie to beat a player who has more then his fair share of first round loses.

Good luck guys hope to wake up to some good results!

Unbelievable set of results when i woke up this morning. I just knew Andreev would beat Gasquet and thought some of the other but why don't i ever have the confidence to go against the favourites?

I think Moya and Ferrer (the bet that was never taken) were the only favourites to win. So many upsets, but this is what i think happens on a week before Grandslam.
Old 11th January 2006, 04:08 AM

O Rochus over Herynch @ 1.51

Rochus typcially does well at this time of year and cruised through his first round match. He leads the H2H 2-0 with beating Hernych at this tournament this last year 6-3 6-1 and Hernych has done nothing since to make me think he will change it this year. Motivation is always a question this week but Rochus doesn't seem the type to let this bother him.

Ferrer over Sluiter @ 1.58

Same reasons as the match yesterday, why is Ferrer so under rated he is Top 20? Maybe im just getting on because i was annoyed to miss out yesterday when i was convinced he would win. Head to head is 3-0 to Ferrer. I would have though Ferrer would be 1.40 at the best and is the type of player who eats up points in every event he plays to climb the rankings (like Davydenko)

Murray over Ancic @ 2.24

Suprised at the odds would have thought everyone would get on Murray in this country which always explains awful odds on Henman. Ancic has great potential but it failing to fulfil it really and 2.24 has to be good when it looks an even match at best...especially with Ancic in poor form.

Blake is 1.62 here, not going to take that!

Please give me better results tonight i'm 0-2 this week and down 3 units!