Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th January 2006, 07:18 AM

The first round of both Auckland and Sydney have provided plenty of upsets. Sydney lived up to its historical past as the 2nd worst venue for seeds in round 1 by losing 4 of 7. Round 2 for both Auckland & Sydney are average with 70% of seeds winning.

I am on the following today:
Blake bt Moya $1.62 - 1 unit
Davydenko bt Calleri $1.36 - 1 unit

These plays are against Moya and Calleri in age situations that are 215-81 5% and 171-68 20%.

Niemenen bt Goldstein -$1.28 - .5 unit
This play is against Goldstein and qualifies in a 171-68 20% age situation.

Ferrer bt Sluiter - $1.55 - .5 unit
Wawrinka bt A. Martin $1.57 .5 unit
These plays are against Sluiter and Martin in age/form decline situation which is 62-15 29%.

Hewitt bt Melzer - $1.22 - 1.5 units
Hewitt qualifies in a seeded player situation that is 391-67 8% and gets a bonus being seed 1 which qualifies him in a 204-33 11% situation. I haven't placed this as screwy huey is once again having stomach problems. I lost heaps on him in the past with his various ailments and am reluctant to send good money after bad. I will watch the news reports and if I do bet it will be with a place like Centrebet which refunds if the match doesn't get to a played out result.

See, most of us are on similiar plays so hope were all smiling at the end of the day.

Karla
Old 11th January 2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoe66

Ferrer over Sluiter @ 1.58

Same reasons as the match yesterday, why is Ferrer so under rated he is Top 20? Maybe im just getting on because i was annoyed to miss out yesterday when i was convinced he would win. Head to head is 3-0 to Ferrer. I would have though Ferrer would be 1.40 at the best and is the type of player who eats up points in every event he plays to climb the rankings (like Davydenko)

Easy 6-4 6-3 for Ferrer. Have no idea why he was 1.58, is Sluiter that much better the Luzzi he played yesterday. Can't complain! Would have gone bigger then 2 units if i hadn't been 0-2 for the week. That's 1-2 now lets hope Rochus and Murray make it 3-2
Old 11th January 2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Week Two: 2-0, +0.61 Units (ROI 61%)

James Blake over Carlos Moya @ $1.74

Source: Pinnacle Sports
Stake: 0.5 Units

After a dissapointing start to the new year, James Blake comes up against the old Spaniard, Carlos Moya. Since August '05 Blake has accumulated a 22-4 win/loss record on hardcourt, beating the likes of Nadal, Berdych, Stepanek and Robredo. In contrast, other than his win in Chennai early last year, Moya had a lackluster year away from clay. He went 0-7 against players inside the top 25 last year on hardcourt and lost in the first round at this same tournament.

Both players faced capable first round opponents on their way to the 2nd round however I believe Blake had the tougher opponent of the two. Moya struggled to beat an out of form Grosjean, needing three sets to beat the Frenchman, whereas Blake outgunned Sanguinetti in two sets on Monday night. Blake should come into this matchup refreshed, after having Tuesday off. Conversely, Moya played until roughly 6.00pm local time today and now must get himself up for tomorrow mornings match (just flying in from India doesn't help either). Overall I see Blake getting this one in two sets, however, with the Australian Open being less than a week away we can never be sure of a players motivation, therefore I'm only going small on this matchup.

Good luck all
Betsy

Moya withdraws from Sydney International

Bet Void

That's the second time in two days
Old 12th January 2006, 12:25 AM

Lightbulb ATP 12th Jan - Syd Int

James Blake over Arnaud Clement @ $1.364

Match Writeup

Good luck lads
Betsy
Old 12th January 2006, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoe66
O Rochus over Herynch @ 1.51

Ferrer over Sluiter @ 1.58

Murray over Ancic @ 2.24

Blake is 1.62 here, not going to take that!

Please give me better results tonight i'm 0-2 this week and down 3 units!

2 out of 3. Not bad just need to learn where to put my money as i always seem to put too much on the losers.

Im on Blake too Betsy
Old 12th January 2006, 08:10 AM

Hi everyone

A good day yesterday with all 5 selections getting up. I finally went with Hewitt as the tempreture dropped to a nice 25, they showed Huey on TV and the commentator said he looked fine and his price started to drop at Betfair.

That's one of the problems with presenting a system as sometimes I have to leave it to the last moment.

Betsy gave real good advice about not backing anything under $1.25. I agree. Because I follow a system where the value is in the system not in individual matches I do play the shorties but if you are a value punter, go with Betsy's advice.

Hewitt bt Seppi - $1.15. 2.5 units
Seppi got beat in q/f last week to a simialar player in Malisse 6-0 6-1 and I hope for this to be the case again. Hewitt qualifies as a database (DB) selection which is 222-54 (7.5%) and a subset which is 153-25 (10.3)%. He also quallifies in a situation based on seeding/form situation that is 391-67 (8%) and a subset which is 204-33 (11%). Seppi qualifis in a play against him based on his upset win against Blake and then bad effort against Malisse which is 66-3 (17.7%). A bad value bet but too many situations for me to ignore.

Blake bt Clement. $1.32 1.5 units
I'm on the Blake bandwagon as a DB bet. Blake also qualifies in the seeding/form situation that is 391-67 (8%).

couple more in a minute
Old 12th January 2006, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla909

Hewitt bt Seppi - $1.15. 2.5 units
Seppi got beat in q/f last week to a simialar player in Malisse 6-0 6-1 and I hope for this to be the case again. Hewitt qualifies as a database (DB) selection which is 222-54 (7.5%) and a subset which is 153-25 (10.3)%. He also quallifies in a situation based on seeding/form situation that is 391-67 (8%) and a subset which is 204-33 (11%). Seppi qualifis in a play against him based on his upset win against Blake and then bad effort against Malisse which is 66-3 (17.7%). A bad value bet but too many situations for me to ignore.

Blake bt Clement. $1.32 1.5 units
I'm on the Blake bandwagon as a DB bet. Blake also qualifies in the seeding/form situation that is 391-67 (8%).

couple more in a minute

congratulations of 5/5 thats great. youve convinced me on hewitt. he is short but could be shorter he is 1.18 for me
Old 12th January 2006, 08:29 AM

..........continued

Sorry the missus wanted to read e-mails.

I don't think Blake's match will be that easy as Clement will always fight.

The next 2 selections are from my "dogs" situations. I didn't present these last year but will go ahead this year. They don't have a very high strike rate but because of the value produce a profit.

In Auckland the #1 and 2 seeds don't reach the final that often and this situation plays on that happening again. Where the DB percievs a fairly even situation on 2 seeds in q/f then go for an upset. The situation is 57-32 since January 2003 for a nice ROI of 19%.

O Rochus bt Ferrer $2.05 .5 unit. I have Ollie a 57% chance so their is a bit of value to go with the situation. He should be motivated to get to final again here.

M Ancic bt Gonzalez $2.38 .5 unit. On most hardcourts the line would be the other way around but in Auckland the south american clay men seem to have the advantage. I have these 2 dead even and seek comfort that Ancic has beaten Gonzo on clay. However Ancic will have to be in rythmn on serve and Gonzo will have to miss a lot of attempted winners. The price of Gonzalez is coming in so I haven't placed a bet yet hoping the price will go out a bit more for Mario.

There is a situation on Davydenko but I'll have to wait to see what the early game produces. In Sydney, the rain is clearing and should be a nice day with a top of 27.

good luck with your plays

Karla
Old 12th January 2006, 09:16 AM

2 for me tonight

Hewitt to beat Seppi 1.18
Blake to beat Clement 1.33

Hoping to regain a bit on 2 matches that look certain winners, espeically Hewitt.
Old 12th January 2006, 05:08 PM

Thumbs up YTD: 13-4, +3.46 Units (ROI 18.31%, SR 76.5%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
James Blake over Arnaud Clement @ $1.364

Match Writeup

Good luck lads
Betsy
Blake wins in three sets, 3-6 6-1 6-4