Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th November 2004, 05:30 PM
puntz

Then it it's goes back to what I once posted,
a proper open source concept with a proper GUI licence. No one owns it, but every one has it.
Where there are parameter settings, then they set to 0 (zero), it's up to the punter to adjust the parameters from a smorgasboard of options, plugged into this "mainframe".
Software supplied by TAB's to send bets, that is the cost of the person that wants the bets to be sent that way. But that software plugs into the GUI mainframe.
Internet prices ?...there are more options that the internet to get prices.
The code is the key, to stitch up the components that plug into this utopia mainframe.
The list goes on....

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-11-13 17:39 ]
Old 13th November 2004, 05:55 PM

The WA tab allows you to send text files to there computer...WA tab is tied in with Stab if you want to use that...easy to get a program like excel to generate the text file for you then you just need to send it
Old 13th November 2004, 06:08 PM
puntz

Shaun, yeah, but if you were to ask me to "get excel to send a bet", I have no clue whatsoever how to get excell the send a bet, but like the average punter,we all want the bet sent.
That's what the GUI concept is, what ever is the best method at the time to send_bets, it's there on the "smorgasboard" as a component.

Why re-create the wheel ?

But, my selections and your selections, Moe,larry and Curly's selections all differ from Bud's and Lou's selections...

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-11-13 18:51 ]
Old 13th November 2004, 06:45 PM

There is another option to try for anyone wanting a program to their own specifications without spending a fortune and that is to look for a low cost program on the net which is close to what you want. Contact the programmer and ask if the program can be modified to your own personal specs and at what cost.

Most programmers who write racing programs usually have a range of modules to cover the standard program and is often just a matter of "clipping" modules together and modifying or building an additional module.
Old 13th November 2004, 07:03 PM
puntz

Debug, that is the point.
A mainframe component where it's a GUI.
Anyone can have acces to it and do modifications, then submit the modifications.
We call the GUI component for arguments sake,
The PuntHole. (TPH)

TPH on it's own does absolutely nothing, except maybe show current market and an updater.

If then a programer has a specific task program, let's say "Hedge calculator A".

Hedge A plugs into the TPH, AFTER it is paid for by the person that wants to use it.

Hedge calculator A may have a competitor, B
sold by another company or programer.

Both A and B hedge calculators are TPH compatible.

TPH has a code to stitch components specific for the punt into the same punthole mainframe. Any fixes for TPH are done by anyone who may give a damm.
win/win
Hedge calc A and B get sold, and both can plug into the GUI TPH and the TPH is a free download.

Old 13th November 2004, 07:55 PM
puntz

crazy ideas i guess

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-11-14 10:14 ]
Old 14th November 2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
On 2004-11-13 19:55, puntz wrote:
crazy ideas i guess

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-11-14 10:14 ]

not at all, food for thought in this minefield.

talking of automation using excel i currently -

1. import the field & odds
2. set excel to update the odds at any time frame i choose
3. using simple macros show all market movements, monies bet, etc etc etc
4. filter for my selections & generate a file listing my selections & bet amounts, which then is imported direct to unitab, allowing me to bet a close to the off possible.

other than my initial data entry for form analysis, all of the above takes about a dozen mouse clicks with the only keyboard typing being to enter my account number & password to logon to netbet. also eliminated is the risk of backing no5 instead of no6 because the hands are a bit unsteady the morning after the night before.

price to anyone that wants it - $10k - (just kidding) :smile:
Old 14th November 2004, 02:39 PM
puntz

Na,
I am only trying to "hint" what is required from my own expirience.
I used excell to plan what I would want a program to do.
I still use excell to make different strategies and fomulas. Then these can get coded into a base program like I have mentioned.
The problem is, the program is not mine, I cannot do anything about that.
BUT, a TPH, (The PuntHole)can be established to plug in any module anyone wants. Look at web browsers, they are nothing but a program that the internet connects to, or vise-versa
Your HTML code web page has to be compatiable to connect to the browser. The browser is free !

Same thing with a TPH, it's GUI, free and fixed all the time till it's right by whoever.

OK, so betfair was mentioned, betfair plugs into a TPH, or betfair is "TPH Compatible"
(an option)
What other Plug-ins others have is of no concern. But betfair (obviously) will charge a fee to have their data download into the TPH module.
The trick is still, the code used for scripting to stictch the TPH and betfairs data feed and the datafeed to any other components that one may have plugged in.

TPH/Betfair/excell/back to betfair/send bet.
(if it could all be a simple as A/B/C/>BET>>
lol

THAT code is the key to making this all work.
I have read up on all this by doing a google search, type in "object orientated program code"...
It's suppose to be user friendly,yeah, it is, but for most other business,doctor,laywers etc.Nothing for the punt, yet.
A forum then is where the FAQ's get asked and solved on this code.
Need I go on ?

Old 14th November 2004, 02:56 PM
puntz

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-11-20 09:27 ]
Old 14th November 2004, 03:08 PM

Punz,
Just to get a handle on your idea is this the type of thing you see….

A mainframe program that has two functions.
(1). It takes the TAB prices off the internet and puts them out to a file - we can call the "Prices" file. This file would have the race identifier, TAB number, runner name, win and place prices. The file would be updated regularly as the TAB prices change and can be picked up by a spreadsheet or any other program.

(2) The mainframe also picks up a file that has bets from a spreadsheet - we can call it the "Bet" file. This file has the race identifier, TAB number(s) with betting units and win or place bet. The mainframe job is to pick up the file and format the bets ready for the TAB.

So anyone with a spreadsheet or their own program that has a copy of the mainframe does not have to be concerned about getting TAB prices or setting their bets up for the TAB. All they have to do is pick up the "Prices" file and after they have done all the number crunching and whatever put the bet information into the "Bets" file which will be collected by the mainframe program for action.