Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd February 2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns
What has been you max drawdown so far, percentage of bank wise, before you have returned to profit.
Max drawdown about 20% of bank. Bank had increased by 30% so never in the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns
what are your thoughts on stopping after clearing one set for the day? Originally I liked the idea, but then I sort of came to the conclusion, that if the results are going your way, you might as well plug on, as there is no difference between the next race, or the next race you start on tomorrow.
One set a day would be hard for me I love to bet, I can sit on the computer all day punting, some can't. Doing it the slow way (one a day) would make it last longer as it will fall over eventually. Clearing 4 ,5,6, a day will speed that process up.

My aim is to double the bank then start again. if I get to this stage I will have a safty net when and if the dreaded run of out happen.

I stoped today after one set, two reasons Don't like Sunday racing and the cricket was on.
Old 5th February 2008, 05:59 AM

Hi Thorns,
You stated there is no difference betweem the first race to the last race, well there is usually a huge difference.

Example, lets say one strikes 3 winners in the first 4 races , thats a 75% SR.
Statisticly favs win approx 1-3 races out of every 8.

It is highly unlikely one will strike 3 more winners out of the next 4 races after 3 out of 4 have already got up at that meeting.

One method that works very well at securing a winning fav is target 2 venues only, betting race No.1 to race No.1
Stop betting those 2 venues once a single winner is struck.

One can now do the same thing on the day on 2 other venues for the day.
Breaking up all venues on the day in sets of 2 stopping at the first winner for each set.

It is very rare that a fav is not struck from one of these 2 venues combined.
If one were to target just one venue, the risk is much greater of a fav not getting up.

It is a strong idea not to bet any selections under $2.80 so as to try & keep the outlays under some control.

Cheers.