Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th June 2005, 07:08 PM

One that I will be backing tomorow will be Prior Viscount. It won a maiden plate on the 4th june in a very impressive manner. He was drawn the widest runner, got caught a little wide early making his way across the field. The thing that impressed me was the turn of foot 300 out, making pretty easy work of it hitting the line strongly. With only 3 starts under his belt and racing from a great stable, I think he will win a few more yet.
Canterbury Race 6 no 8.
Old 14th June 2005, 09:52 PM
Banned

werribee race 4 No 1 Moggs.
I've been following this horse through the grades and was impresses with him last start..Not sure what price we'll get but there'll be speed on which will suit him and he looks good in this..theres a couple of promising types in this so am hoping for some value but with Shinn aboard and a good barrier ..will be hoping i think..
A horse in this that has shown some ability ..Tall Trees... ...he was trained by Corstens but is now trained by a david Cave of whom i know nothing about, ... his last run he showed he might be on the way back and maybe the new trainer has found the secret to him..he might be grab a place at huge odds in this....might add value to the tris.
Werribee race 5
Our Court...this horse made up huge ground last start behind Willie Comand and has been in good form..2 starts ago was only just behind delvechio..
he'll have to get back and the tracks a worry for him.. but there will be speed on ..
Campaign is a horse i've been on so i'll be sticking with him..he didnt get the lead last start but still boxed on nicely..this race he'll lead for sure and if he dictates and if sneaks away on the turn..he'll win this..Hong Kong Beri confirmed his form by winning his next start..
I'll be backing both these horses if i get the right odds..
i'm willing to risk El Zahia ,,he hasnt beaten anything yet..and hopefully they'll be all over him so i'l get a better price about Our Court and Campaign.

A horse that needs our Forum support is Lair ,,Gawler race 8 no 3..
this horse i think beat Starcraft yonks ago and i saw him at eagle farm run a huge race as well,,running favourite i think.....he moved down to SA and got some sort of virus ...but he looks over that now,,races well fresh and is 0 for 20 ...
i sort of feel sorry for him and hope he wins...wont have my cash on him but i will be cheering him home.

Leica Lite ..is another booker,,Canterbury R4..it'll be tough to beat the toppy with the claim..but this filly ran a huge race last start and has had a freshen which will suit her over the shorter trip..has a crappy barrier which is the only concern she'll coming late though......might be at nice odds ..

these are the only races i'm looking at tomorrow,,,,taking it easy for awhile..

good luck all
Old 15th June 2005, 04:28 PM

Well done with El Man Goss Mr Ed. What was the run like? Do you think he can measure up to group racing?
Old 15th June 2005, 04:29 PM

......and well done with Our Court Mav.
Old 15th June 2005, 04:29 PM
Banned

Hope you guys got on

Our Court with wet track form and a good jockey and also some good performances of late was huge value....i must admit i was expecting about 6's ....
Campaign cant run on the wet but scared me alittle when he got the lead so easily and was just cantering along..
But a great ride by Gauci stole it...the fav ran well and impressed me alot....will keep an eye on this horse.

Had a big go at Moggs...the odds were just to good to refuse...havent seen the race yet but heard it and it sounded like he took off from the back fairly early ,,,something you have to do there at Werribee and tired but still ran into 3rd...
when he gets on a track that suits and maybe over alittle more ground he'll be right in it..

Also Leica Lite ran away with my money...but i wasnt to dissapointed...had a bad barrier and did alot of work,,sometimes 4 wide....havent dropped off it just yet..

I've have a litte token $10 e/w on Lair in the last at Adelaide...poor thing needs alot of help but i'm doing my best to get it over the line..

Well done Mr ed on El Man Goss...just got there ...was a huge effort and yes your right he looks above average ....

also have a bet on Kennedy to win the MOM tonight...i am a Queenslander but he's been in such fine form ..he looks good value at 11's..
Go the Queenslanders..
Old 15th June 2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

thanks Sportz....check out Lair..in Adelaide...$6 here and $17 in Sa ...its not my $20 bringing him in is it ..lol
seems as though the brissie boys remember him..
Old 15th June 2005, 04:32 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
also have a bet on Kennedy to win the MOM tonight...i am a Queenslander but he's been in such fine form ..he looks good value at 11's..

That's okay. Remember, you should bet with your head, not your heart.

Have you put your SOO tips in for the tipping comp yet Mav?

Last edited by Sportz : 15th June 2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 15th June 2005, 04:35 PM

Not a bad run. Might have got a place.
Old 15th June 2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

yeah..great run..not sure it even likes the wet....
cant beleive the money that came for it..
poor old lair..still a maiden but it looks like he'll break that this prep..i'm gunna follow him...no serious money but will have something on him..

I actually did ratings similar to my horse system for the SOO ...Kennedy was my highest rating Cocker roach..

Berrigan rated highly for the Queenslanders....might put the $30 from lair on Berrigan for the first try scorer..

oops thanks Sportz..will jump over there now and put my tips on...i'm trying to get away from the wooden spoon...i must be odds on i think

Last edited by maverick1993 : 15th June 2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 15th June 2005, 05:19 PM

Talking

Well done with Our Court Mav, great ride by the Gouch, Campaign was nearly sniffing the grass they were going so easily. Race really didn't suit horses like El Zahia and Opio Miss both ran very well.

El Man Goss was a great win, especially after looking at his condition, he was pretty fat and I think that's why he eased (got $4 with Winbet). I really think he has a big handicap race in him, the straight track suits him perfectly so maybe a race like the Standish (or one similar). He is not a big horse and i think he will derive great benefit from the run. I hope i'm not getting the tag of favorite backer on here, i promise i don't look at prices or tipsters before making my selections, i actually get pretty dirty when everyone picks them, like today.

Moggs was a nice run Mav, just got to far back but finished strongly, he looks close to a win in this class, a track like Sandown or Flemington (already a winner) would suit him amiccably.

Cheers ED