Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th July 2002, 12:32 PM

The idea of this staking plan is to show a overall profit even on a smaall level stakes loss on selections ,without over exposing the bank to total devistation.

1)This plan is a little different to what you may have seen because we start with a minus bank & add losses to it & deduct profits from it.E.g.-$1000 +50=-$950

2)We always make our target 5% of the -bank.

3)Bet the odds of the selection into the 5% Tar.Fig. E.g. If showing $3.00 on TAB screen , odds would be 2/1, you would now divide this into your 5% take out figure.

4)Once your -$1000 becomes less than that , you are now in profit , once this happens rule off & start again, once again -$1000 plus the profit you previously made e.g.$50,
so your new Target would be 5% of -$1050
as soon as that becomes less than the -$1050, rule off & proceed accordingly.

Example:
-$1000 @ 5%=50/3 to one=17 L Bank now -$1017
-$1017 @ 5%=51/2 to one=26 L Bank now -$1043
-$1043 @ 5%=52/2 to one=26 L Bank now -$1069
-$1069 @ 5%=53/2 to one=27 W Bank now -$1015
-$1015 @ 5%=51/2 to one=26 L bank now -$1041
-$1041 @ 5%=52/2 to one=26 W bank now -$989

Rule off & start again , only the bank is now shown as -$1011 (1000-989=11)
We are now +$11 in front or 1.1% bank increase.
It would take you nearly all year in a traditional bank deposit to get this after you have paid tax on it.

This plan has a low exposure to risk , I have seen it work very well chasing the newspaper pre-post favs. using the Teletext prices 2 min. before jump.

Check it out,
you will see how it can make a profit contrary to popular beleif that a staking plan can only work if it can break even at level stakes.

Old 24th July 2002, 02:09 PM

Looks like a standard loss-chasing plan with a slight variation that stops the bet size going up too drastically in the early bets.

As with all loss-chasing plans it will often show good results in small to medium sample sizes but will bite you badly when you hit that inevitable losing streak.

Mathematically NO staking plan can turn a losing system into a winning one in the long run (it may work for a few months or even a year or two if you are lucky but eventually the law of averages gets you in the end!)
Old 24th July 2002, 03:57 PM

I agree with becareful,

However, this sort of system seems to be the best option of the staking plans.

Bhagwan, you are always looking at methods etc. and I have to praise you for the obvious dedication and hard work you put in to racing.
Old 25th July 2002, 01:22 AM

Bhagwan, very interesting. Sort of a dutching system across all races rather than just one. As I understand dutching you alter your wagers to offset others for a consistent profit. Profit is usually a fixed amount, e.g. $100. Yours seems to be percentage based but, even better, can carry on all it likes without doubling out of control.

And when I typed that I just thought about moving average systems. These are popular in the stock market, of course, but they might work here. The move well with a trend but don't whipsaw back and forth. Practicality just about flies out the window but just maybe....

-Duck
Old 25th July 2002, 11:44 AM

To E.I. ,thank you for your kind words of support, its appreciated.

As with any staking plan ,non will work if you cant pick winners within a given sequence, not even level stakes.

If you cant pick any winners or dont have a
"what if plan", (say 8 loosers in a row then stop, then start again once one of your selections gets up, this works well on shorter priced horses) , then my suggestion is DONT BET.

Old 26th July 2002, 01:23 AM

Smart thinking Bhagwan,

Exactly, a staking plan will work on a small level stakes loss, but ONLY if there is an emergency "brake" to ensure against a long series of outs not destroying your bank. To find WHEN to apply the safety measure is the key to success.
Old 29th July 2002, 11:10 AM

This staking plan increased the bank by 20% on Sat.27th. July. simpley following the paper favs.
E.G. $1000 bank now $1200