Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th November 2012, 11:19 PM

Default Betting in running

I was wondering how many of you bet in running using BF and what your approach is. I appreciate that you may not want to divulge actual methods but things like whether you back or lay, whether you concentrate on favs or leaders or backmarkers etc.
I started off betting in running at my home pacing track where I reckoned I could pick the winner a fair way from home, having watched thousands of races at the venue. I still do this. I then branched out into the thoro world where I started offering a price on all horses in running. This too still continues. While I've been doing this I started to watch the races closely to see if I could pick the winner out of the leading group a fair way from home. I got to the stage where I thought that I was good enough at it to do it with real money. My bank and bet have increased 15 fold since I started but I am only just now feeling really confident with it. I had nine bets today for 5 collects. The best priced winner today was 6.20. I got matched on a winner one day recently at 26.0 but that, of course, is not common. The trick for me is to watch the jockey on each of the leading group of horses and see how relaxed they are. I don't bet every race but if I see one jock more relaxed than the others I back it as early as i can. It helps if you can watch races most days of the week.