Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th February 2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots

Proves nothing. Aces get cracked all the time (oh, hang on, then it IS rigged).

Of course Mac's son is the guy going all in with a K6 at the moment. Tomorrow he will be the one with the AA.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 20th February 2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

nah, didnt post it to 'prove anything', other than these guys are either all nuts or trust fund babies or probably both
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:03 PM

Hi macs
I believe you !!!
Any chance of an update to this incrdible story.
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:25 PM

Hi Sharntee, yes there's an update alright but as one or two of the experienced guys around here said getting his money could be a problem and it is. The bottom line is their terms and conditions read like a 101 ways we will keep your money!

Fatal mistake number 1, he deposited the funds from his Mum's account, not his own, it's against their rules. Fatal mistake number 2, he opened an account over a year ago and hasn't used it for many months so opened another one, it's against their rules and for both of these they can close your account and keep your funds at their discretion. It's not over yet by a long way but I'm not feeling confident at all.

The Ocho, the attachment is just for you. I don't mind looking like a tool if I've made a mistake but I'm not real fond of anyone thinking I've made up a story for 5 minutes of fame, it's not my style! Just saying, no hard feelings mate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  PJcropped.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  81.0 KB  
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:12 PM

I dont know how those site work, but Macs is there any way you can create an account, fund it legit, and play your son to try and win his loot?
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:20 PM

Chip dumping is about no3 on the list, they know exactly when it's been done via their systems. We're trying to do this the right way and to be fair to them they haven't said no, we're not paying you but they are totally aware of how the account was funded and we are still waiting to hear back from them.

Obviously we won't let it go without a fight but he has broken their rules. The kid just wanted to see if he could turn his 50 bucks in to a decent bank and had no idea this would happen. We live and learn but as I've said to him, even if they do take your money they can't take your talent. He's been invited to a million dollar torny at 6.30am tomorrow morning so we'll see how he goes.
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
Chip dumping is about no3 on the list, they know exactly when it's been done via their systems. We're trying to do this the right way and to be fair to them they haven't said no, we're not paying you but they are totally aware of how the account was funded and we are still waiting to hear back from them.

Obviously we won't let it go without a fight but he has broken their rules. The kid just wanted to see if he could turn his 50 bucks in to a decent bank and had no idea this would happen. We live and learn but as I've said to him, even if they do take your money they can't take your talent. He's been invited to a million dollar torny at 6.30am tomorrow morning so we'll see how he goes.

Macs
(1) Obviously they are trying to find ways to avoid paying. So you have several ways to approach this. (a) walk away, (b) fight or (c) compromise.
(a) may be the least painful. you lost $50 and learnt plenty. (b) To stand there and fight with their resources you are going to lose a lot more than $50.
(c) if you can get something out of them plus a legitimate means of getting more do so.

They have their rules to back them in any fight and will win in any court. They also are holding the bikkies. You do have another weapon in your arsenal other than truth. Social media and the internet.
You can create a web page and if you do it correctly it will rank over their site. You can then get comment from other victims. each comment you ask for a link, it may be to another similar site or comment so long as it has some relevance. Each comment you create a new page. Each page you link to your page plus every otherpage. In each new page you place a list of keywords. Each new page is new comment. In a very short time nobody can search their webpage without getting 100 pages of negative comment. It is all done with backlinks and forward links. The more of these you have the higher up the search engine you go.

That all I am going to give you. Read it, comprehend it, then ask them what they think about the idea. Ask them to ask their advertising team about it.
It is a game changer.

Last edited by beton : 22nd February 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:10 PM

Thanks Beton, with plenty of friends in IT that is totally achievable if need be, I hope it's not. The thing that gets to me is even if they do keep it the people that lost it will never see it again, it goes straight to their bottom line which is just criminal.

Talk about a learning curve! I just feel sorry for the lad, he doesn't understand about corporates and their devious ways, he just loves playing poker.
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:52 PM

These guys make the totes, Betfair and the bookies look like philanthropists.
I do agree that shouting as loud as you can is the way to go and a letter from the likes of Slater and Gordon might put the wind up them and get you on the TV news and current affairs programs. 888 would not like that.
Good Luck
Ron
Old 22nd February 2013, 05:38 PM

Beton, I've just reread your post as I was running late for my last appointment when I replied before. Ha, you mention truth, I've been working along side, with but never for corporations for over 20 years and I can't remember that word ever being spoken, I don't think it exists in their vocabulary does it?

Thanks for taking the time for the comprehensive post, I will most certainly stash those ideas away for a rainy day which I think maybe fast approaching.

Shout we will Foxwood, if it was 600 bucks I wouldn't care, 600K will change my boys life.