Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th July 2005, 10:51 PM

Heh, Heh, I bet you bet on the Poms in the test match too. :-)

KV
Old 28th July 2005, 01:55 PM

"" if you have to travel and it costs, you are there to WIN. Watch those trainers!!!! Good luck, too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks very much for your response. for your comments. Yes I agree about watching trainers, and jockeys also who travel interstate for one ride. I recall R Thompson venturing to Moonee Valley to ride NSW horse Reckless Tradition and winning at more than 30-1. Now if we could more days like that one...
Cheers
w924
Old 4th August 2005, 05:05 AM

Hi KV,

I do believe i have found what you have been looking for. These are a few sites that i came across yesterday, made an awful mess of my screen i don't mind tellin ya. Anywho, one of the sites is actually run by the good people at ozmium, the purveyors of this forum, who i am sure will have no problem with me posting the link:

http://smartgambler.bestbetting.com/Default.aspx?

Unfortunately their selection is somewhat limited as it seems that the same three or four major outlets keep recurring across the board. Similarly, some are international sites, not sure if this will be a problem for you. However the service is free.

Subsequent searching provided me with another site (Sportspunter) that can provide a larger amount of quotes from numerous sources however you would have to subscribe $250 p.a. There are other subscription options of varying lengths and cost. I subscribed for one week to see how good their offering was and can say that the selection is substantial and varied. I might add that I am in no way promoting this site and have no affiliation with them whatsoever.

Finally, TVF provides real time quotes of the three major TABs for free, all you have to do is register.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Old 4th August 2005, 07:48 PM

Any luck?
Old 5th August 2005, 01:47 PM

Thanks for that. I checked out the smartgambler sites and can't make out what the racing page is all about. They haven't got the races I've been watching today.
TVF is great isn't it. I've been watching my bets dive in price on all three tabs immediately I bet best div for a while now.

What I was actually after people commenting on was the way the fixed price and the tabs move relative to each other. Like sometimes the tabs will start higher than the set price and they will swap over at some point. Other times it can go the other way. I usually work with three sets of set prices and TVF and try to guess which is going to give me the best price. I'm not sure if practice makes you any better or not.

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

KV
Old 5th August 2005, 02:38 PM

Hi KV. As before, I reckon the correlation between tote odds and bookie odds is simply this; the shorter the price, the more likely the bookie will be best. Once the price is about 5-2 or shorter with the bagmen, go with THEM. Occasionally you will be wrong (ie one of the TABs will be better) but not often. The reasons are many but the main ones have already been pointed out A) Individual pub/club punters are much less likely to understand "value" or "true odds" etc and will keep putting money on horses even as they fall well below their realistic odds (any price a winner!!!!) so that while bookie bettors have said that "enough is enough" , TAB punters will continue with the lemming-shuffle, dreaming of finally cashing a ticket,regardless of silly ideas like "true" odds. B) If there has been a real "go" with the bookies on a shortie (say 6-4) and the TAB is still showing better (say $3.00) the bookies will quickly plonk the plunge money on the TAB to lay that horse off, and consequently murder the TAB odds C) Ditto internet gamblers and 'bots who/which detect "overs" and scoop the TAB "overs" and D) Any big TAB bet AUTOMATICALLY depresses the odds while the bookies must first accept the bets before doing so (ie a last second $100,000 on a $2.00 TAB shot will immediately push it in but the bookie will still be writing/printing the ticket at 1-1/$2.00 which will remain the STARTING PRICE while the TAB closes in, at $1.50 (say).
The opposite (TAB better over about 3 or 4 to 1 SP) is also easily explained. As all the forces pushing "shorties" in (see above) begin to dominate, longer priced nags MUST blow (MORE THAN 90%!!!) since its a pari-mutuel situation. Cheers

Last edited by punter57 : 5th August 2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 5th August 2005, 02:54 PM

Thanks for all that Punter57, very logical and seems to be very true in practice. Another trend I notice is if there is a short price favorite, i.e. less than $2.00 the second favorite seems to come in at the last moment as the shortie sometimes lengthens. Maybe the last minute punters are put off by such a short priced horse and go for the second chance.

Maybe the degree in psychology wouldn't be a waste after all. :-)

KV
Old 5th August 2005, 03:20 PM

After many years of darkness, the fog slowly began to lift. Soon there was light and he could be heard to exclaim,

"I see, i was blind but now i can see!"

Yeah, the smartgambler and sportspunter websites are off with the fairies as far as the races go. Not bad for other sports if anyone else is interested, sorry to peak your interest and dash your hopes. Am i correct to assume the system you are using is odds/market based, if so then i guess these websites would be of no use. (No response required). I suppose placing your bets a little earlier and taking top fluctuation is also out?