Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th May 2011, 11:26 AM

Default Hey 4legs

Hey this might be of interest to you, it is a sheet designed to lay at SP using gruss you can set to auto so it will lay all races one after each other or manual for race to race laying.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm LAYSP.xlsm (24.4 KB, 787 views)
Old 29th May 2011, 08:38 PM

Hi Shaun - thank you for that. I also just read your reply on Gruss & sent you an email!. I will try yours tomorrow; however that is virtually the same as mine; and when I run it I get an API-Error. But thinking I have been running under excel 2003 - even though I do have office 2010. I have tried it on 2 machines laptop visa and desktop/windows 7 and I have even bypassed my modem and ran it on a portable Broad bad modem - still same results - so very puzzling. Never mind I will keep trying. I will let you know tomorrow the results I get with yours.

Once again thanks for the kind offer - and I will use 2010 tomorrow. Regards, Fred
Old 29th May 2011, 09:06 PM

Hi Shaun - I was just going through your spread sheet and comparing it to mine and I did notice 2 things that are different. I searched the user manual and could not find how to adjust, but I have a feeling they may be relevant. These are:

Cell Heading Your Value My Value
J3 Blank 66 Blank
L3 IR Delay 1 0

Especially the IR Delay. Could you please point me to how I set these. Apart from these we are virtually the same.

Many thanks ... Fred
Old 29th May 2011, 09:28 PM

I think those 2 cells are only active when betting is enabled the J3 i think is the number od races left from the pick list and the L3 is in running delay because the race has not started it would be a delay of 1 second when the race starts i think you would find it changes to 5 as there is a 5 second in running rule, you would have to confirm this with the boys from gruss.

As to your main problem you have me stumped as i have provided sheets for excel 2003 and up with no issues apart from the normal comparability ones.
Old 30th May 2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks Shaun - I should have posted this to the Gruss forum - I will get these forums worked out in time. I have posted it there this morning. My problem must be something to do with my environment - but no idea what. Never mind will keep working away at it. Fred
Old 30th May 2011, 08:50 AM

Np mate, there are a few of us on here that use that program so we could help at times if needed.
Old 1st June 2011, 08:19 AM

For your information, the problem I am having is because of a BUG in Betfair's API - Their response:

"This is a bug with AUS SP and causes an intermittent failure of Aus BSP bets placed via the API"

and lucky old me found it!

Fred
Old 3rd June 2011, 08:59 AM

If anyone else is having this problem, Betfair have advised this Bug fix is due to be released on 6th June -- Fred
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default Gremlins in the Works

4legs I haven't had the same problem you reported but over the last 6 months have had several BACK-SP bets return a 'invalid_persistence' error message which, according to my post on Gruss, means I was attempting to place a SP bet on a non-SP market, which definitely was not the case as they were all SP markets. That said we are probably talking about less than .1% of all bets I have placed.

It did appear to be a API issue so fingers crossed it was somehow related to the problem you discovered & is about to be fixed.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:55 AM

Betfair have confirmed that the API fix has been implemented - I will test it today and post results tonight ... Fred