Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th September 2013, 10:12 AM

Default You wouldn't read about it

After waiting most of the day for a decent in running laying opportunity I was claimed on a horse which won by almost 3 lengths. I decided not to waste any more time punting and went off to do other things. When I started work on the UK races I thought my Oz balance looked a bit better than it should have been. The loss had been corrected in my BF statement and replaced with a profit. I checked the TAB results and the winner had disappeared from the placings. I could only think of one reason and, sure enough, when I watched the replays there was a little note at the bottom of the screen saying that the original winner had weighed in light. The punter(s) who had backed it must have been disgusted.
Old 24th September 2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

Wangaratta R4 yesterday yeh? Is a David Hayes runner so a bit surprising something like that could happen.

Was a strange day yesterday, I was on the runner up Muswellbrook R7 who copped a big bump about 3-4 stides from the win post & lost by less than a head - thought I would get the protest but no chocolates
Old 24th September 2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
Wangaratta R4 yesterday yeh? Is a David Hayes runner so a bit surprising something like that could happen.

Was a strange day yesterday, I was on the runner up Muswellbrook R7 who copped a big bump about 3-4 stides from the win post & lost by less than a head - thought I would get the protest but no chocolates
I saw that one on the replay, Stugots, and did think it had some chance. I rank protest decisions with AFL tribunal rulings and air fares. All beyond my intellect.