Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st February 2005, 01:11 AM

Exclamation Help Required - You Get A Bonus

This is a serious request for help from someone that has a database which is able to print out every Metropolitan race in 2004.

What is needed is an excel spreadsheet of all horses that had a spell of more than 30 days but are NOT first starters.

Here's the tricky part, if the horse has had a spell of more than thirty days, I need the prizemoney WON, last time it was first up after 30 days or if it was it's first start.

Failing that, I need the horse's average prizemoney WON first up only over all first up starts. I'm sure there are people out there that can help me.

So I'd need it in excel format with columns:

DATE TRACK RACE TAB HORSE (PRIZEMONEY WON FIRST UP LAST TIME)

or

DATE TRACK RACE TAB HORSE (AVERAGE PRIZEMONEY WON FIRST UP)

I have been working out a ratings method that I'm only willing to share as compensation to the person that can help me with what I need.

This is not some dark lure to get someone to pay for something, if they can genuinely give me what I want, I'm prepared to offer my ratings method for FREE to that person only.

A BRIEF SYNOPSIS

Public results for favourites for 2004
30.10% Strike Rate
-14.44% LOT

My initial ratings based on my rated top pick (favourite) for 2004
20.95% Strike Rate
-13.68% LOT

Note the small improvement on loss, BUT I have not factored in horses first up at all!
Therefore, I'm confident that I can greatly improve the results by rating the first up horses which were not even in the equation or given a nil rating.

Examples:
Ascot 1/1/2004 Josie's Show first up would be rated favourite given the rest of the field strength and won paying $7.40 (this is a further winner to my results)
Eagle Farm 1/1/2004 Show Poker first up would be rated third favourite and won paying $21.20
Eagle Farm 1/1/2004 Royal Shiraz first up would be rated favourite and won paying $2.40

Note: I'll only give this to the person that helps because it will take me months to complete manually, so please no fishing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 1st February 2005 at 01:20 AM.
Old 1st February 2005, 12:24 PM
Adrian

Smile

If you are able to provide an XL sheet containg a sample of say 50 rows of data (but obviously containing results of say 5 to 10 horses), I will see what I can do. I really need to see the exact format of your data before I can assist with a potential solution.

It should be a relatively easy task to get XL do a sort and get a few formulae running to help you out.

If you have the ability to add the horses for a race meeting yet to be run as a "blank" row containing a horse's name, race date etc. , I think I can get it to spit out the selections for you.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Old 1st February 2005, 02:50 PM

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply, I think we are on the wrong track here.
I don't need a formula to extract data, I need the data.

What I need are the horses that have had a break of more than 30 days and the prizemoney they won last time they had a similar break and were first up.
Old 1st February 2005, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Chrome Prince]This is a serious request for help from someone that has a database which is able to print out every Metropolitan race in 2004.

Hi Chrome!
If no one else can supply the data you want, I can do it for you but it will take a few days because I am busy at the moment, and would have to write a few lines of code to extract the records you want.
I can save it in Excel for you.
Your kind offer is a lot more then some people offered in the past for sometimes quite serious programming.
But please don't take it the wrong way, I have my own rating which has been working very nicely for the last few years and any new idea just may confuse me.
Let me know if you want me to go ahead!

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2005, 05:46 PM

Thumbs up Systems Data File for ya

Hey there CP,

Rules I applied ,

Venue: SMBAW
Career Starts: 1 +
Days to Last Start: 30 +
Runs this Preparation: 0
Last Start Finish Posn: 1

I have enclosed an example sheet for you to look at. This is just to show what I can give you, not actuals.

I have the data for ALL metros last year, I am missing a couple I think but close enough maybe.

Also I will also need a couple of days to upload all data for the spreadsheet, so mail me at laish at optusnet dot com dot au and I can let you know and send it when ready if you like.
Attached Files
File Type: xls chrome prince.xls (28.0 KB, 508 views)
Old 1st February 2005, 05:47 PM

Thankyou Marcus,

Your offer is greatly appreciated.
As you are busy for a few days, I'll see if anyone else can help, otherwise I'll post back for your assistance.

There's no worries if you have your own successful ratings, perhaps I can help you out in return in some other way. We can discuss that later.

Thanks again.
Old 1st February 2005, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laish
Hey there CP,

Rules I applied ,

Last Start Finish Posn: 1

I have enclosed an example sheet for you to look at. This is just to show what I can give you, not actuals.

I have the data for ALL metros last year, I am missing a couple I think but close enough maybe.

Also I will also need a couple of days to upload all data for the spreadsheet, so mail me at laish at optusnet dot com dot au and I can let you know and send it when ready if you like.

Hi Laish,

Thanks for the effort, greatly appreciated.

I know it's just an example, but I need the horse prizemoney won, not the race prizemoney and not that the horse was a winner per se.

So you should output prizemoney won by the horse (whether it's $0 or $800 or $100,000)

Your initial rules would be

Last Start Finish Posn: 1 +

And I would need it for the horse last career first up not current race.

Thankyou.
Old 1st February 2005, 06:10 PM

Smile Me again

Hey CP, The 1st 2nd etc was just if yu wanted them, but can be ommitted. The prize was supposed to be horse but does seem to be race, will work on looking fr it for ya, I will post here if I hav it all organised. Catch ya then.

Laish
Old 1st February 2005, 07:24 PM

Thankyou laish,

When we get it sorted, I'm quite prepared to share my method with you.

A -13% POT is pretty damn good when I haven't included the win dividends for first uppers (as they are not rated yet), but have included the outlay!
Old 3rd February 2005, 09:45 AM

Not sure if you got your stats or not Chrome. If not I can probably provide what you need. If you still need them could you just post a list of the tracks you want as I'm not 100% sure which ones they are.

KV