Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st March 2003, 06:35 PM

Gallops...
Fields of eight or more
Box 1to8 for Trifecta's
Has this a chance of winning long term????
Has anyone checked this out???
Old 31st March 2003, 07:13 PM

Long term.....never never never....a single bet will cost you $336....check out the div's from the trifectas....sorry to dissapoint you
Old 31st March 2003, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Shaun
I have since had a random check of Trifecta results and now i have had a good look ,i tend to agree with you. How ever on Sunday23 March 03 WA Races Albany R6 Trifecta paid $5675.90 for combination of 4.8.7 not bad for a $336.00
Regards
William
On 2003-03-31 19:13, Shaun wrote:
Long term.....never never never....a single bet will cost you $336....check out the div's from the trifectas....sorry to dissapoint you
Old 3rd April 2003, 02:59 PM

G'day William,

I'm sorry but Shaun is correct!
Investing $336 each race will send you to the poor house very quickly.
However, utilising the NSW Tab flexibet you can still back that many of starters each race and only invest $20 or so.
If the plan is any good you should be able to build a sizeable bank fairly quickly and increase the investment amount,
eg box 8 starters = $336
invest $20 on the flexi-bet and you will receive 5.95% of the winning dividend if you are successful. It doesn't sound very much but it protects capital and it is a much better approach than potentially losing $336 per race. Betting exotics with that many starters, you would be unpleasantly surprised at the number of divs which don't even recoup your outlay.
It's food for thought so I welcome any opinions.

Cheers.
Old 3rd April 2003, 08:37 PM

willam
You could try trifecta standouts.

Boxing 8 runners = $336

Nominate the 4 outsiders to finish in 2nd or 3rd positions only = $168.

Nominate the 4 outsiders to finish in 3rd position only = $72.
Old 4th April 2003, 12:17 AM

Sorry to disappoint all you cockroaches,but this canetoad sincerely hopes that tabq never brings flexi-bet into this state!All it does(my opinion only)is totally stuff up any chance of getting any value out of a trifecta divvy!Every small punter can take many more combinations than was ever possible,thus eroding the divvies.I don't know anythingabout the technicalities of flexi-bet,can you take a percentage of a box trifecta?Even if you can,say you took an 8 horse box@10%=33.60,then if you got it,it would have to pay 336.00 just to get your mopney back!To me box trifectas are a waste of time and money.If you need to box 8 horses,then you are only guessing!Or playing numbers.If you can't narrow a field down to 2 or three main chances,then I would suggest you don't bet on that race,let alone take a trifecta!How many times could take an 8 horse box,even at 5%,at cost of $16.80. Say you get it.It pays $400.Your divvy @ 5%=$20
WOW...you have got a $400 trifecta,and won the princely sum of $3.20!!!A $5000+trifecta was quoted as an example,how many times do you se that?And how many times could you expect to strike one?I would like to suggest a more sensible approach.

Rule 1.
Only operate on quality races(i.e.the main races of the day,such as the daily double)

Rule 2.

Field size no more than 14

Rule 3.

Take the first three in the prepost market to win.

Rule 4.

Take the first five in the prepost market to come second.

Rule 5.

Take the field to come third.

That's it.

No form study.It is a proven statistical fact that the first 3 in the market win 70% of all races run.That fact has stood the test of time.So you have a 70% chance of snagging the winner.
With those three to win,and also to come second along the next two in the betting,and the field to come third,your trifecta looks something like this:

3x5x14=144
or@50c=72
heaps more value,heaps more money if you strike it!!!

Just my thoughts,cheers,.angel416

darkydog,yeah mate,it sure is a small world!
Old 4th April 2003, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Angel
Thank you for your advise i will give your Trifecta System a go.
Regards William
On 2003-04-04 00:17, angel416 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint all you cockroaches,but this canetoad sincerely hopes that tabq never brings flexi-bet into this state!All it does(my opinion only)is totally stuff up any chance of getting any value out of a trifecta divvy!Every small punter can take many more combinations than was ever possible,thus eroding the divvies.I don't know anythingabout the technicalities of flexi-bet,can you take a percentage of a box trifecta?Even if you can,say you took an 8 horse box@10%=33.60,then if you got it,it would have to pay 336.00 just to get your mopney back!To me box trifectas are a waste of time and money.If you need to box 8 horses,then you are only guessing!Or playing numbers.If you can't narrow a field down to 2 or three main chances,then I would suggest you don't bet on that race,let alone take a trifecta!How many times could take an 8 horse box,even at 5%,at cost of $16.80. Say you get it.It pays $400.Your divvy @ 5%=$20
WOW...you have got a $400 trifecta,and won the princely sum of $3.20!!!A $5000+trifecta was quoted as an example,how many times do you se that?And how many times could you expect to strike one?I would like to suggest a more sensible approach.

Rule 1.
Only operate on quality races(i.e.the main races of the day,such as the daily double)

Rule 2.

Field size no more than 14

Rule 3.

Take the first three in the prepost market to win.

Rule 4.

Take the first five in the prepost market to come second.

Rule 5.

Take the field to come third.

That's it.

No form study.It is a proven statistical fact that the first 3 in the market win 70% of all races run.That fact has stood the test of time.So you have a 70% chance of snagging the winner.
With those three to win,and also to come second along the next two in the betting,and the field to come third,your trifecta looks something like this:

3x5x14=144
or@50c=72
heaps more value,heaps more money if you strike it!!!

Just my thoughts,cheers,.angel416

darkydog,yeah mate,it sure is a small world!