Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th May 2005, 10:59 PM

Talking 6 POINT DIVISOR PLAN

Hi All.
Have been having success using the evergreen 6 point divisior plan manually.
Any excell guru's out there that have automated this staking system ???
From what I have read, and after using it, I agree that it is one of the safest staking methods that I have ever seen.
Old 11th May 2005, 09:07 AM

I don't even know what it is....
Old 11th May 2005, 09:53 AM

Smile 6 POINT DIVISOR

Here it is:-

. THE SIX POINT PLAN
The Six Point Plan has been around for a long time. Few people use it. And yet it is one of the easiest methods around to enable you to win on a consistent basis. There really is no great risk attached to its operation, because you can introduce a built-in safety brake if things threaten to get out of control.Professionals regard it as the soundest of all target-staking methods. It’s been played in Australia for more than 50 years, but seems to have been more popular in the 30s and 40s than nowadays, when punters seem more impatient than their predecessors.The aim of the Six Point Plan is to win six betting units every time the punter backs a winner, or winners, whose odds total six. The target figure decides the opening bet. Example: If you were aiming to win $6 altogether, the opening bet would be $1 because the DIVISOR is six. So you have six divided into six, which equals a bet of one unit. The betting action is just a matter of simple division of the DIVISOR into the TARGET figure.To explain the action, we’ll work to a target figure of $12. To work out your bets you use the divisor of six and the target of 12. The opening bet, then, is $2 (12 divided by six). If the opening bet lost, the objective would be increased by the lost $2 to $14 and you would then divide six into 14 to get the total of the next bet.Rounding off, your next bet would be $2.50. Let’s assume your bet lost again. You now have a target of $16.50 and this is divided by six so your next bet would be, rounded off, $3. Let’s assume the worst and we have this horse losing. Your target now rises to $19.50, which again is divided by six to get your next bet, which is, rounded off, $3.50.Good news! You get a winner at 2/1. That means you have won $7 of the target of $19.50, which reduces the target to $12.50. You now have to drop your divisor by two points (the price of the winner) and this now becomes a divisor of four.Your next bet, then, is $12.50 divided by four, which gives you a vet, rounded off, of $3. If this bet won, say, at 3/1 you would have a profit of $9 coming off the $12.50, leaving you only $3.50 to get to complete the Six Point Plan, with a divisor of 1. At this point you can simply rule off that particular section and begin a completely new Six Point target and divisor.
Should you strike a losing run which seems without end, you can easily halt any rapid rise in stakes by introducing the Safety Brake. The divisor may be six when you strike a slump which has taken the target figure to, say, 60, meaning a bet of 10 units next time. All you do now is bring in a new divisor to add to the present one, and a fresh target. This means a new target of 12 (added to the current 60) making 72, and a new divisor of 12.Your next bet, then, would be 72 divided by 12, equalling six. If you were still not happy you could even bring in a third divisor of six and a third extra target of 12, making your set-up now a target of 84 divided by 18, meaning a next bet of, say, $4.50.You can also introduce new divisor/target figures when your current divisor has, say, dropped to two, with an objective, say, of $5. This calls for a $2.50 bet. Whenever the divisor is lower than three it is sensible, to protect your capital, to bring in a new divisor and objective, as this prevents stakes rising too rapidly in the event of a long losing run.

Divisor Target
2 5
Bring in new divisor
6 12
New divisor/target
8 17

As you can see, you now have a new divisor of eight and a new target of 17, giving you a next bet of, say, $2. Why do we bring in this safety brake? Because, with a divisor of only two you strakes could climb too steeply and the situation just might become fraught with panic on your side.The good thing about the Six Point Plan is that it provides, through the safety brakes, for a common-sense approach. Also, you MUST win in the end! On any reasonable set of selections, you will eventually back winners whose combined total odds will wipe out the divisor and produce the desired profit.

Cheers
Old 11th May 2005, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up lovely

Kearsey,
That has to be one of the best descriptions of that plan i have ever read,
WELL DONE !

Dingo
Old 11th May 2005, 03:04 PM
Banned

Smile darkydog2002

I use it for multiple betting as well.

i.e TARGET $120 /DIVISOR 6 = $20

4 selections = $5 0n each

Cheers.
darky.
Old 11th May 2005, 03:33 PM

Smile 6 point divisor plan (one more)

Six Point Divisor Plan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 6-point Divisor Plan has been around for the last 60 years. It is a form of target betting and, as we all know, this type of staking is usually hotly attacked.
Supporters of target betting, however, claim it's a way of controlling your gambling. You know what your target is, and you can easily put in a 'safety brake' to prevent losses getting out of hand. The 6-Point Divisor lends itself well to conservative betting. You can utilise a safety brake quite easily so there never need be a cause for desperation should you strike a string of losses.
Fact is, of course, that any form of staking looks a bit sick and sorry after a losing run, doesn't it? With level stakes, or target betting, the stakes always rise, and you alwavs need to win back a certain amount of lost dough!
The aim of the 6-Point Plan is to win 6 betting units every time you back a winner, or winners, whose odds total six. The target actually decides the betting unit sire.
Let's take an example: If your target was $60, your divisor is six, so the first bet would be $10 (that is $60 divided by 6). If your target is $120, then the first bet would be $20 ($120 divided by 6).
The procedure really is just a simple matter of division. You divide the divisor figure into the amount you are trying to win. Any win is deducted from the divisor according to the odds of the winner and the total. For the benefit of an example, I will assume that vou have a target of $12. Your divisor is six (the units you want to actually gain). So what is your opening bet? That's right - 2.
If the opening bet loses, the target is increased to $14, to include the $2 you have just lost. Now you divide $14 by 6 to get your next bet. It works out at $2.30 but 1 suggest you round this off to $2.50, or even perhaps $3.
If your second bet wins at, say, 2/1, and you have $3 on it, you have won $6. This is deducted from the target. The new target, then, is $14 less $6 equalling $8. At the same time, your divisor is reduced by 2 units (the odds of your 2/1 winner). So it comes down to four.
Thus we have a new target of $8 and a divisor of four, meaning your next bet is $2. Simple, isn't it. One point to make regarding the Safety Brake. Whenever the divisor reaches 2 it is best to bring in a new divisor and target figure - or rule off and start a completely new senes.
Using the safety brake, you can bring in another divisor of six to add to the two you have outstanding. At the same time, raise your target by six as well. Your new target might be 20 units and your divisor is now 8, making a next bet of $2.50 (or rounded off $3).
This is a key safety rule. One chap who has operated this plan for many years told me recently: "If you kept on dividing by two, the size of the bets during a losing run can mount very speedily and you could have a situation fraught with danger.
"The safety brake is a powerful weapon and it doesn't matter how many times you use it. You always have control of your capital."
The safety brake can be introduced if at any time you consider the stakes are rising too steeply. The divisor may be six when you strike a bad run and the objective may have risen to 60, calling for a bet of $10. By adding a new divisor (6) and a new objective ($l2) the new figures would be a divisor of 12 divided into a target of 72, calling for a bet of 6 units, not 10 as before. What you have to remember to do after each win is to deduct from the divisor the total points you have won, ie 2/1 winner, deduct 2 points, 3/1 winner deduct 3 pts, 4/1 winner deduct 4 pts. When you have a 'half' involved (as in 5/2), always round off to the higher number (5/2 becomes 3/1, take off 3 etc). Also, after a win deduct your profit from the target total.
Old 31st May 2005, 03:23 PM

Has anyone got a spreadsheet for this that they are willing to share?????
Old 2nd June 2005, 06:41 PM

Red face Jose

Depends on what you mean by "spreadsheet". I have a Mickey-Mouse calculator I sometimes use for testing ideas. I've added a few notes to help. But I haven't bothered to protect any cells, so be careful.

Tell me what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: xls SixPoint.xls (28.5 KB, 1837 views)
Old 2nd June 2005, 07:26 PM

Talking

Many thanks Seedee.
I have only had a quick look at it but I don't think that it is quite what I was looking for.
Will just have to keep on with the pen & paper I guess.

Speaking of stationary,
Q. What did the constipated accountant do when his calculator broke down?

scroll down

A. He worked it out with a pencil.