Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st January 2006, 03:56 PM

you have had three weeks to work that joke out moeee and you still dont get???
Old 31st January 2006, 04:04 PM
Suspended

3 WEEKS?
Have I?
Oh my GOD!

I must change my user name to SLOWMO!
Maybe I don't got a sense of humour like yours.
Maybe it would work better if you were wearing a clown suit or a big red nose,like the DRUNKARDS have?
Old 31st January 2006, 11:57 PM
Suspended.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
SLOWMAN

Did you know there are forums on the internet that are not gambling related?
Perhaps you could try a Google search using keywords like,
Forum,"bagging people","Low I.Q."

JFC is in fact one of my favorite contributors.
I don't quite understand his mathematics,but it sure sounds impressive.

JFC is a class act, Probably bipolar [I'm an espie: Aspergous syndrome, a mild version of autism] just like the handbrake is [bipolar] but we get on and understand each other. Check out 'wrong planet.com' to understand JFC and yours truly. I'm a long term member !!! :-) We are easily misunderstood. Imagine a zebra in a paddock of horses. Looks like a horse, eats like a horse but there is somthing not quite right..... Get the picture? Of course the zebra is a nice bloke but unsettles the horses no end. He can't help it, it's who he is :-)
Old 1st February 2006, 11:08 AM

Wink

only one thing crash, your average tab/racetrack is full of zebras with a couple horses wandering around wondering what the **** is going on
Old 1st February 2006, 12:01 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
only one thing crash, your average tab/racetrack is full of zebras with a couple horses wandering around wondering what the **** is going on

I new it. I am normal after all [stupid child psychologists]. I feel totally comfortable at a race track. It's everyone else outside of the track that is a fruit-loop !!!
Old 1st February 2006, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
It's everyone else outside of the track that is a fruit-loop !!!

amen to that!
Old 2nd February 2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
JFC is a class act, Probably bipolar [I'm an espie: Aspergous syndrome, a mild version of autism] just like the handbrake is [bipolar] but we get on and understand each other. Check out 'wrong planet.com' to understand JFC and yours truly. I'm a long term member !!! :-) We are easily misunderstood. Imagine a zebra in a paddock of horses. Looks like a horse, eats like a horse but there is somthing not quite right..... Get the picture? Of course the zebra is a nice bloke but unsettles the horses no end. He can't help it, it's who he is :-)

Gday Crash

I know exactly where you are coming from... My partner has a 4 yo boy... He is autistic... can hardly put 2 words together without gibbering... But they (the so called experts) tell us he will learn to hide is autism as he gets older..
I feel that is unfair.. imagine having to hide who you really are just to be socially acceptable...

I have done a lot of reading on the subject and I obviously am no expert, but I am beginning to get an understanding of how autistic people operate. I have read many articles written by people who are autistic, and sometimes I think jeez they think a lot like me.. There is black there is white... there is no grey. They use people to their own ends, they respond in the way they that they suspect others would expect them to respond.. That is why on occassions, people with autism do scare the horses, their respones, to US seem inappropriate. Because they don't know the appropriate response (from society's point of view that is) and respond in an unusual way at times.

People who have no close contact with autistic or Aspergous syndrome people, really have no clue as to how they operate, and are unsettled by them.. People with full on Autism can be a handful, but they are not stupid, they are VERY HIGHLY focussed individuals, to the point of being single minded about a subject that interests them... the worst part of full on autism (to my way of thinking) is the apparent lack of ability to truly love.. they may mouth the words, but words are all they are..(I am sure some of us have said I love you to someone to placate them or to geet em into bed.. I know I have )they view that as a silly thing to waste time on.. and it is hard on my partner knowing her son goes through the motions of loving her, but is incapable of it.. it's not his fault, that is the way he is and we accept him for who he is.. we just wish society would....

Some here could be well advised to do the same

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 2nd February 2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptdriver

.......we accept him for who he is....... Some here could be well advised to do the same
So, as someone who doesn't know much about autism, let me be a little politically incorrect here and play devils advocate.

How do we know, on a forum such as this, whether someone is single minded because of some medically recognised syndrome or just because they are an obstinate SOB trying to stir people up. (There is more than one person on here who is probably more single minded than is socially acceptable.) And should we treat them differently if we did know?
I like to think I take people for what they are and treat them accordingly. If someone is a pain in the ar se they should be treated as a p.i.t.a. If they are 'normal' treat them in that way because they deserve it, if they have some syndrome - well, how else are they going to learn to fit in?

There, that should win me some friends - not.

KV's alter ego.
Old 2nd February 2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
So, as someone who doesn't know much about autism, let me be a little politically incorrect here and play devils advocate.

How do we know, on a forum such as this, whether someone is single minded because of some medically recognised syndrome or just because they are an obstinate SOB trying to stir people up. (There is more than one person on here who is probably more single minded than is socially acceptable.) And should we treat them differently if we did know?
I like to think I take people for what they are and treat them accordingly. If someone is a pain in the ar se they should be treated as a p.i.t.a. If they are 'normal' treat them in that way because they deserve it, if they have some syndrome - well, how else are they going to learn to fit in?

KV's alter ego.

Gday Kenny

I guess I take people at their word on matters such as this. If the truth be known there are probably a lot of non diagnosed autistics running around the place. They are very clever at hiding their "disability" for want of a better word. We think of them as not normal whereas they see us. the non autistic as overemotional and bogged down with feelings, feelings that autistics can't get their heads around... They can play act... but that is all that it is.

AS for fitting in? Why should they? They are individuals like the rest of us. They just think and behave a bit oddly at times (according to our norms) and deserve be given a fair go.

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:32 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
So, as someone who doesn't know much about autism, let me be a little politically incorrect here and play devils advocate......snip

....I like to think I take people for what they are and treat them accordingly. If someone is a pain in the ar se they should be treated as a p.i.t.a. If they are 'normal' treat them in that way because they deserve it, if they have some syndrome - well, how else are they going to learn to fit in?

KV's alter ego.

Here is a surprise. I agree with most of the above [the rest was a personal value judgment that others may agree with or may not [depending on who you were talking about:-)]. For the rest of it, in the end, we sink or swim unless obviously seriously handicapped and then you won't find them on any forum.

Aspergerger's or Aspie's for short [I have corrected my original typo spelling mistake I was too late to edit] learn coping skills very quickly. Their big problem is difficulty learning anything they are not especially interested in. In other words, general learning problems even though they often are highly intelligent. Sounds illogical but heck, 'illogical' describes half of life and half of human history.

Espies are at the small end of Autism spectrum disorders and believe me, Wrong Planet Net.com is full of troubled youth more than genuine espie's. There there too, but mostly are the older members. Easy for me to spot the difference in a second. Autism wasn't even known about until not that long ago. I wasn't diagnosed with asperger's until 10 years ago and only after a slip-up from my mother's sister about visits to a Collins st. child psychologist when I was very young and then through visits to one myself after I had found that out. Explained why I had spent my whole youth as a misunderstood loner and unliked mostly. I was terrified of everyone, I thought [I really did] come from another planet. People, especially kids pick up that something is different, they fear that and people avoid what they fear [kill if it was allowed]. Normal human response.

We are not single minded except in extremely rare cases and they make it into the newspapers or docco's [obsessions with train timetables etc,] but we do tend to get into intense detail [handy for punting] and obsession with any subject or hobby we become interested in [I've had many], to the point that would physically exhaust anyone else while we are just cruising happily along. Can be very disturbing for someone living with you. Unusual traits and skills are par for the course and ditto lack of them. I can't remember numbers or letters unless I write them down, It is not uncommon for me to take up to 5yrs. to remember my phone number, pin. number or rego. number, yet because I went through an obsession with history at one stage, I can quote dates, times, places and obscure facts like a machine in any area of history I was interested in. Weird ah ? Anyone ever noticed how many times I edit some of my posts changing one word here or there? Another weird obsessive trait. Thank heaven there is now an editing time limit !!!

No problems with love [I've been married 3 times through good old fashioned love]. Seriously Autistic [or any other well known disorder] people though are rare as hens teeth and movies make it look far worse than it is. Ditto with docco's. They both portray worst case scenarios because it sells. Anyhow, not the place to say more. My original post about it was after a booze-up. I was horrified when I got up realizing what I had said and that I wouldn't be able to edit it out. There are sites available to anyone interested in Autism futher.

What disturbs me though is it is becoming a bit fashionable to have a 'gifted'
aspie child or to use the fact their kid is just a little f.... brat to claim 'he must be autistic' [and deserves special treatment and 'consideration' ..... puke!]. I'd like those parent to experience the real deal themselves for 24hrs. without the coping skills. See how ****** trendy it is after that !!

Cheers and if anyone treats me with any 'special' consideration now, I will just have to track you down and kill you:-)