Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th September 2002, 10:23 PM

Ok members. I have your attention. This is not an offer to sell a system.

This is a genuine query as to how good this sounds to all you experienced punters who know the sort of returns you are making for yourselves.

So if this was a real result during twelve months of testing. How good would it be in your opinion? I want feedback before I do anything rash.
Old 19th September 2002, 11:36 AM

Probably need more information to make an informed comment - in particular what was the actual turnover? You mention half unit bets but you don't say whether you are placing 1 bet/day, 10 bets/day or 1000 bets/day. Also how consistant was the winning pattern? Did it give lots of winners or was all the profit made from just a few big wins? If it is making consistant small wins then I would be a lot more confident than a few really big wins - much harder to tell if the system is working or is just being lucky if you are relying on big wins to make a profit.

Certainly $20,000 in a year is a good return but without knowing the amount invested, etc, I can't say much more than that.
Old 19th September 2002, 12:10 PM
Banned

Cameron,

Sounds good to me. I do agree with Becareful on wanting to know turnover though.

I've been watching the forum long enough to know the heat you copped when you first ventured your idea, so my guess is you DID produce the result and now want someone to tell you you've done well.

Cameron.....you've done well.

Placegetter

PS. My guess is your strike rate was between 10 and 15 percent. Am I right?
Old 19th September 2002, 03:45 PM

Cameron,

Well done and definitely not going to flame you for sharing what appears to be a handsome profit.

As well, if it were 2/3 bets which resulted in the profit, then it's a different story, but if it's consistent profits then you are well on your way!

Were they half unit bets level stakes or did you increase your units after a loss?

:grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-09-19 15:46 ]
Old 19th September 2002, 04:05 PM

Hey there guys - thanks for your replies.

As usual I am a little fearful at sharing any aspects of my methods. However I will give it some thought and may include some details shortly.

In the meantime...

As for strike rate - I had not bothered to keep track of that. I may review my results and advise for sure but at a guess it would probably be about 10-15% - so you may be right on the mark Placegetter.

I will say that I have used level stakes consistently. I had a little look at increasing units after a loss or two but it did not seem to pay off for me.

Equine Investor - I only looked at increasing the number of units up to four bets in a row before reverting back to the half unit - if you have a better method I would love to check it out and apply to my history of results.