Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th August 2015, 12:57 AM

Default Why not a system with few bets?

I've just been fiddling around with my systems. My MAIN system (not the one that drives me spare with Vic & NSW class), one I've followed for decades, with Herald Sun form guides, a pencil and paper, once again came up trumps. It's uncanny in it's consistency given that it has few bets ..... I've used Chrome Princes database for several years now so it's easier.

It got me thinking that there must be some shrewd punters out there who are extremely selective when they bet and only have a few bets each month. Why not with systems?

My system focuses on Open Hcp, Listed, Group 11 and Group 111 races only, so the bets are mainly in springtime in Melb and Sydney, and over the year there will be approx. 30 bets, that's all! The return is nearly 60% on a win strike rate of 25% and the maximum number of outs is 11. It shows a place profit also, but I only bet for the win.

It's not been backfitted because when I started way back when I had hair I was drawn to one main filter (there are no weights filters, days between runs, track condition, margins) and added 5 more which includes Metro as one of them. Will it keep working?, I don't know. How many would follow it?, only me probs It's certainly NOT the holy grail

I recall Shane Dye saying if he was a punter he would only have one bet each year on the favourite in the Golden Slipper. Not sure how that would have gone, but the comment was interesting. If you're a Vic you could back Lloyd Kennewell's horses when they come over ..... who knows? Food for thought at least. There'll be a couple of well credentialed NZ horses come over and clean up this spring as they normally do.