Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th November 2013, 10:48 AM

In answer the the original question re late mail - from 2005 or somewhere- my view is that at best it is just marketing gimmick to portray some kind of up to date, exclusive inside information but more likely used to throw punters off the scent and improve the price of another horse whilst depressing the price of the nominated horse and thus making it more attractive to lay.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
F
Punters have to get their mind into a correct frame, the only way I know how to is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that their method works (on paper) and in real life without pressure of actually punting, and then approach their punt in a consistent manner regardless of short term results. .

yes i so agree with that. i have lost or more correctly not won over $100k in the last 12 months by either
1. doing some "personal laying" i.e not betting a selected horse because even though everything i calculated indicated it would be a selection i have left it out because it came up a bit long in the market and/or
2. not getting organised and putting my bets on in time.

re #2 i had a D&M with myself and tried to work out why this was so and i concluded that it was because i had subconsciously concluded that a bet missed was a bet saved. so many times i have missed the first couple of daily selections only to see them romp in a good prices.

both 1&2 seemed to happen if i am punting bad around it.

so as the man said get you head in the right space - now i just punt on like a robot and ignore as much as i can the performance.

for example- I think i have lost or broke even everyday this week - so overall down and had a rough day yesterday. i then got the night time bets going - lo and behold - first bet at gowran park ( ireland) calls for a $480 bet - my unit size is 80 so that was a bit outside my comfort zone - but i remembered my wise counsel and closed my eyes and put it on. 2 hours later it wins at 8-1 and i am closer to being up for the week..

so off we go again.