Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th January 2003, 06:05 PM

Hello there! I have been reading (with great interest) all the postings on this forum, and am searching for any ideas on staking plans for dutching - there don't seem to be any. As you know the strike rate is quite high when dutching, but a loss does hurt. Has anyone crunched any numbers on this? If so, I would welcome your input...
Old 23rd January 2003, 05:15 AM

I prefer the Dutch betting and the method I use is as follows.
5 runners is the absolute max and I prefer 4,3 or 2. If you can't get the race to 5 or less then leave the race alone.
Win betting only.
Back your main selection to win the most eg 5 times more than the others and then the others bets are covering bets that I like to get a 20/25% profit on turnover for the race on.
Its hard to do sometimes if all your selections are short in the market.
I tried to add a large place bet in as a cover once on the main selection (this was to cover no winners and the main selection running 2nd or 3rd) but 2/3 losses in a row had the bank struggling.
Thats the way I try to work it but then I still go out to work each week.
Good Luck from one Gym to another JIm
Old 11th March 2003, 02:19 PM

Try this ,

Increase your next bet by 15%, after a loss , win loose or draw , until you are in front , no matter how small the profit .

Dont make the mistake of increasing by 20% , because it will blow you out of the water.

I am making the assumption that your outlay equals the profit return , in other words equal to even money odds, for this staking plan to work.

Old 27th December 2004, 03:04 PM
Banned

hi all, i have reactivated this thread with the hope that there may be some alternative views on staking plans suitable for dutching.

Bhagwan, do you find that 15% is enough to acheive breakeven or profit? seems a bit low at even money returns.
Old 27th December 2004, 06:25 PM

Heres another one ,if one wants to ride with the wild poneys.

Increase your prvious bet by multiplying it by 1.5
e.g. Your take out figure or outlay figure , might be say 10 units on the 1st bet , it may look something like this on a looseing run.
10,15,23,35,53,80,120,180,270 ext.
When one winner gets up , repeat the bet , keep repeating the bet after winning bets, until we have broke even or in front.
If a looser presents itself ,
increase bet by multiplying by 1.5 (50% increase)

What this is relying on is one`s ability to strike 2 or more winners in a row in the sequence of bets to claw back losses.

What I find frustrating with Dutch betting , is how The Favs get up when you dont want them to.
But I like this concept of betting ,if you can pick them.

Cheers.
Old 27th December 2004, 07:02 PM
Banned

thanks for that, as it happens i have been looking at trialing a 1.5 increase - as you imply its very risky unless one can maintain a solid strike rate, which i have been managing to do.

as to the fav's getting up, i avoid those races with a short fav & aim for a even money return from whichever of my nags that get up.

it is certainly a different way to bet & can become quite a chore trying to obtain the necessary prices.
Old 28th December 2004, 08:36 AM

You are right about the prices Stugots.With TAB betting it can all become a bit of a lottery.You need a few minutes prior to the race to actually place your bets and we all know how much betting fluctuates in the last few minutes.

There is really no way around it,just pop your $$$ on and hope for the best.I find that it's a 50/50 situation,sometimes the fluctuations go my way sometimes not.

To Dutch bet successfully its necessary to have a good commercial program.I have mentioned previously that the free programs are ok to fool around with,but when it's time to get serious you need good technology on your side.They are not expensive.Take a look at the bottom of your Xmas stocking,you may have overlooked it,or mum might be waiting for the post Xmas sales.

Do you sell these things Rikki ??? I bought mine prior to joining this forum otherwise I would have asked earlier.With regard to staking plans its quite possible to treat your whole dutch bet as a single bet and use the Retirement Staking Plan.Having said that, I never place a bet that returns under 100% on outlay.Try making your divisor "3" with a run of six consecutive losses and a starting bank of $1000 your bets would look like this,,$10,,,$13,,,$18,,,$23,,,,$28,,,$34. then your divisor would progressively increase and your bets would stabilize at around $34.By this stage you will have either committed suicide or re-thought your selection strategy.Preferably the latter.

Someone will come up with a program that incorporates a good staking plan with a dutch betting program and they will make $$$$...Maybe sooner than later,,,, I hear............good luck,, good punting..
Old 28th December 2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

hmm, food for thought syllabus23, i use the retirement plan with my single selections but never seriously considered it with dutching becuase of the low divisor (if one follows the rules to the letter) - but i will run my results using a divisor of 6 & see how it goes.
Old 28th December 2004, 12:23 PM

I have said it before and will say it again...there is not maney program out there that can't be duplicated for free with excel you just have to learn excel and even if you are not the best with excel there are a couple of forums that will give you any answer you need.....i am currently working on an excel file that will gather information from the free cyberhorse form pages....and as far as dutching....you could write an excel file that will do exactly what you want
Old 29th December 2004, 01:36 PM
puntz

Talking

it can be done,correctly.