Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th October 2004, 09:04 AM

Sportznut,I am offering my humblest apologies to you here.I had no right to attack you the way I did.Also apologies to Shaun who is doing so well in the tipping comp,I had no right to declare that he would not finish in the top 5.Having said that he will more than likely win it.I am a Vietnam Veteran diagnosed with PTSD and am prone to anger attacks,amongst a multitude of other things.That is no excuse for my errant behaviour,and I am not hiding behind that.I will quit the tipping comp,and this forum,and sadly leave with my head hung in shame.I wish you all well in the future.
Adios Amigos.
Old 20th October 2004, 09:19 AM

If you are referring to your comments on the latest spring tipping thread purpleheart68 I think you are being a bit hard on yourself mate.

Can't speak for sportznut or shaun but I took no offence even though you left me out of your winning predictions :smile:

I say hang around :wink:

Old 20th October 2004, 10:33 AM

Purpleheart
You have seen your error admitted to it and been man enough to apologize. Over and done with. There is no need for banishment or self imposed exile. All you need is to gain one valid point or impart one valid point to your fellow forumites to make this an invaluable source of punting learning. I know that you have exceeded this already so there is no need to abandon ship, if not for your sake then those who could benefit from your contributions. LSB

Regards Beton
Old 20th October 2004, 10:40 AM

Having just read the alleged thread, to be honest purpleheart68 can't see what you have to apologise about :???:

Old 20th October 2004, 10:48 AM
Member.

Purpleheart68,

No worries. Certainly no need to leave. You're obviously a pretty good tipster because I think you also did well in the last tipping comp too. Why not continue posting a few tips once the comp is finished?

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-10-20 11:12 ]
Old 20th October 2004, 10:59 AM

hey purpleheart, comon mate don't give up the site no need to do that we all lose if you do.
i can understand how you feel and how difficult it can be with the dreaded PTSD, i also am a vietnam vet and like many of us have been diagnosed with PTSD. only yesterday was abused by groundstaff on the golf course (mistaken identity) and that was the trigger , almost got myself banned for life, so keep on posting please .
Old 20th October 2004, 11:21 AM
Suspended

No one has ever said something to me on this forum that actually made me feel proud as to turn red,as did you purpleheart69.
Well you were a bit harsh,but you have realized it was uncalled for but I'm sure it was well intentioned.
If you have been approached by Management,well they really did have to bring it to your attention.
Please don't take your bat and ball and go home like Rocksteady did.
And if you must,please send me an email as to where I could read more of your stuff
Moeee at telpacific dot com dot au.
Stay and share with a lot of obvious fans who are supporting you.
Old 20th October 2004, 12:16 PM

Sportz,I sincerely thank you for accepting my apology.I mean that.To you other guys for your kind words of support thru my errant behaviour,I thank you from the bottom my heart(if I still have one!)I will soldier on(no pun intended).
Moeee,I did not intend to embarrass you in any way,or to make you turn red.Please accept my apologies.
Old 20th October 2004, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Hey purpleheart68.
Now you're goin' overboard with this apology stuff.
Keep on tellin' everyone how good I am.The redder the better.
I'm just getting out of my depression and you lifting my self-esteem can only help.
Good luck with your rspca.
And thanks for trying to stop them nips.

Old 20th October 2004, 06:48 PM

Purpleheart....yes mate i took it as a challenge to win..lol...and as a joke as well like you said.....if you look at my selection a lot of them are based on a very similar form line not any form study i have been lucky and as this week showed luck can run out....i praise anyone that can look at race form and decypher what is the best bets...i do understand form but am going for the longer priced winners...i value everyones input on this forum..not just the ones with lots of posts there are a couple of people on here that hardly post at all but are up there with the best some of whom i have become good friends with.....so stick around if you every tick me off with a comment i will be the first to tell you

[ This Message was edited by: Shaun on 2004-10-20 18:52 ]