Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st January 2007, 11:38 AM

in reply to your excellent point CRASH regarding why the flood of information hasn't increased the strike rate of favs winning..my answer would be that corruption in racing prevents the strike rate of favs from increasing despite the apparent increase in knowledge to punters..... also i believe that TOO MUCH CONFIDENCE can be a bad thing in punting... when we have too much information and become so convinced that we have found a certaity or a good thing we can then over bet a horse thus creating a favourite that is essentially overbet and in terms of long term value becomes a false favourite.... so depite rises in form technology perhaps corruption in racing (favs not getting the greatest favours in the run) combined with a new found over confidence (hence creating over bet false favs) combined with the old age constant factor of LUCK means that the winning rate of favs remains static... after all u can watch as many videos as u like and do all the form in the world but u will never be as wise as those who are closest to the horse or are sitting on its back.....
Old 1st January 2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

with the flood of "rubbish racing" comes the realisation that most of these races are a lottery, a crap shoot, & the "money" is more often wrong than right, & as most punters are essentially sheep following the money or ratings or tips etc etc without a thought for what might actually be going on, of course the fav's keep on winning as many races as they possibly can

fact would then be that most (if not almost all) of us are fairly useless at what we are trying to do, what other pursuits where a failure rate in excess of 70% would be acceptable (to ourselves) or tolerated (by the missus)?

happy new year
Old 1st January 2007, 12:07 PM
Suspended.

Nothing new about corruption in racing Red Anchor. If anything there is far less of it nowadays [it's still there though] than their used to be before cameras were everywhere and they had vet checks which can pick up any type of drug enhancements. The crooked things still going on in racing though will mostly be happening on a Sat. for sure.
Your right on the money about country racing. I win more money during the week than I ever do on a Sat. In fact all my winning bets in the 'sudden death' comp. were all during the week, not Sat. Cherry picking for for the right horse and odds is the go.

I agree with Topsy about 'class'. It's an elusive thing that comes and goes in a lot of nags. How many Golden Slipper winners every go on to win another decent race and I wouldn't have liked to be on Gold Edition at $!.40 last Sat. [3 failures at 1400m now]. A good way to go broke is chasing the shorts that so called 'class' attracts. I want winners at decent odds and they are usually horses that are beating the 'class' runners :-)

Last edited by crash : 1st January 2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 1st January 2007, 12:12 PM
Suspended.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
with the flood of "rubbish racing" comes the realisation that most of these races are a lottery, a crap shoot, & the "money" is more often wrong than right, & as most punters are essentially sheep following the money or ratings or tips etc etc without a thought for what might actually be going on, of course the fav's keep on winning as many races as they possibly can

fact would then be that most (if not almost all) of us are fairly useless at what we are trying to do, what other pursuits where a failure rate in excess of 70% would be acceptable (to ourselves) or tolerated (by the missus)?

happy new year

lol. lol
Old 1st January 2007, 03:24 PM

Default gold edition

just a note on my observation of Gold Edition;s run on Saturday.

Not apportioning any fault here but I didnt think the jockey took advantage of his barrier 1 draw. he didnt keep the fence/lead and when he tried not to be locked in on a horse that had prior difficulty with the distance left the fence (too early) and then got done by a horse coming through on the fence.

If he had been beaten by being run down from barrier 1 and holding the fence/lead then I think fair enough but it didnt look good and made it harder for Gold Edition to win (over confidence???)
Disclaimer; I backed neither Gold Edition or the winner.
Old 1st January 2007, 04:07 PM
Suspended.

In the magic millions 1400m race [Gold Edition's target], he is going to have trouble beating Publisher after it's 1400m decisive victory today at Cauilfield.
Old 15th January 2007, 06:50 PM

hooray a jockey with initiative. bounced to the front from way out there and killed em'.
bit different to last time from barrier one and didnt take the front.
very impressed with both the horse and jockey.
Old 15th January 2007, 08:34 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy99
hooray a jockey with initiative. bounced to the front from way out there and killed em'.
bit different to last time from barrier one and didnt take the front.
very impressed with both the horse and jockey.

Boss falling helped Gold Edition getting across from the outside [helped for sure]. What luck and a huge finishing margin!