Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th March 2014, 05:06 PM

Default Thought I'd Share

If there are any decent races on me and a mate of mine will exchange emails discussing our possible picks for the day and any specials we've found. Last week we had a fair bit of success but as i said my discipline not to just bet everywhere gets the better of me. Anyhow this morning we exchanged emails as per usual, i typically look at the pace/speed profile of the race and settling positions while he typically takes a more form orientated view of the race.

Anyway I just wanted to share this as while its just one example, it shows how useful pace/speed mapping can be when finding value winners.

VR7) Looks like a decent leader / on pace type distance although I have a LOT of early speed in this race. I’ve got 6 runners that could push for the lead and really put a pace dual on. Even though the race is only 1200m it could really set it up for a backmarker to storm home. I have 4 and 6 as the best leader chances with 2, 8, 10 and 13 potentially having to do a lot of work from out wide if they push for the lead as I’d expect. With a few runners not having many starts its probably not the best betting race but if your looking for some value 9 and 11 are solid picks. Due to 8’s wide barrier if it didn’t push for the lead it could potentially be a good bet as well. If I were you watching at home, I’d almost live bet the 8 on betfair if it didn’t go for the lead along with bets on 9 and 11.

Now because I was at work I couldn't do any live betting or what the race but my mate informed me after the race that the 8 went back and stormed home to win pretty comfortably. I'm not sure what it would've been offering in the running but considering it paid $22 the win on tatts i'm going to assume it got as high as $30 in-running on BF if not higher.

As I said its just one example and i'm not trying to say i'm some kind of legend but it still surprises me how useful speed/pace analysis can be considering its not overly difficult to do if you look at the previous in-running positions etc.
Old 20th March 2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Smile

Thanks for sharing.
I remember making a lot of money with your early ratings some time back.