Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd October 2012, 01:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
moeee, it's not a matter of needing offers at all.
It's a matter of utilizing differences in prices to create arbitrage opportunites.

So you are not doing any Form study then?
And you have not taken advantage of any Bonus Bet Offers? - Or do you in fact have a large amount that are making Profits and the Corporates are well aware?
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:51 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Well after sticking to all the rules, I have had most of my accounts closed down.
Some accounts were in loss, others I am limited severely and almost all have had best odds guarantee removed. I am not a big fish by any means.
I even ensured that where the money was going, I was going elsewhere, so it meant that the bookies had a more balanced book.

It is plain and clear that all offers, enticements and freebies are for the Saturday $10 punter who gives it all back.
Further it is also clear that the publicized acceptance of "we took $50,000 on this and $20,000 on that" is pure myth and spin.

The upside of all this is that I found one standout bookie for sports being Pinnacle, the only account still alive and kicking. Such a pity their model isn't applicable to horseracing.

In September on prominent bookie got hold of the Australian Rugby Union database and sent everyone on it this email:

''BACK THE WALLABIES WITH xxxxxx.COM.

MONEY BACK IF THEY LOSE.

''Hi xxxxxx,
As a Wallabies Supporter, this weekend I'm taking on the Springboks …
And giving you a money back offer. So back the Wallabies now …''

This is the reply this bookie received....

"Hi xxx,

Any chance you'd get out of my face? People like me who handed over our details to the ARU did NOT do so to be harassed with brain-dead offers like yours, let alone have our kids exposed to it. And what about a little truth in advertising? What about you add to your spiel, ''I'm prepared to take a little hit, just once, just to get you on the gambling hook, in the hope that I can then shake you down for decades to come!''

Do NOT send me your awful offal again. And shame on the ARU for serving up its dwindling supporter base to the likes of you. It is acting well outside its charter to serve the interests of the game, and will face an outright revolt if it continues. Be told."

Disgraceful stuff from a bookie.

Finally, punters may like to read this article in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Code:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/its-official-only-losers-bet-on-the-net-20121019-27wrd.html?skin=text-only

Let the rebellion begin!

Good post CP. Some of the best 'tips' I have seen on here to date, assuming one delves further (most won't?)

Cheers LG

PS nice work on the article
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:02 PM

moeee, no form study.
The fact is that almost all the corporate accounts are losing accounts, the Betfair account is the winning account. So the corporates could not be aware.
It's not like I'm just fleecing them everytime their prices are out, I'd cop that as a restriction, all I'm doing is looking at very early markets and backing anything that I can lay at betfair for a profit. And 99.9% of those contenders are well outside the top few favourites that have the biggest liability for a bookmaker.
Ergo, I am helping him balance his book on contenders there is little money for.
I also only stake a fixed amount, never try and dutch bet to a percentage.
It's just the fact they don't want anyone who bets in reasonable amounts with discipline.

Give us back the old days when the private bookie would take on a punter and match wits rather than restricting via software analysis. It is what it is I guess, but in an age where bookies are against the wall with competition and taxes, it seems they are party to their own demise.
And so be it.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg